STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
Apr 16, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #361 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got an 8GB (Transcend Class 6) and a 16GB (RiData Class 6) micro sdhc cards, both of which work really well in the Rocoo. The 16GB card is the same one that I've been using with my AMP3-Pro.1. When I popped it out of the AMP3 and into the Rocoo, the Rocoo went through a multiple minute processing time, but afterwards, I could see and select all of the tracks on the 16 GB micro sdhc card, and the playback was really gorgeous. I have .mp3 and .wav files stored on the 16 GB card.

My RoCoo didn't go through any processing time at all for the 16gb Transcend Class 6 card. But yours sounds good and yet mine doesn't. It's like we have 2 completely different products. A multiple minute processing time? Mine was instant. And I mean INSTANT. Did you do the firmware upgrade? I couldn't figure it out... Maybe that's the problem?

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #365 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My RoCoo didn't go through any processing time at all for the 16gb Transcend Class 6 card. But yours sounds good and yet mine doesn't. It's like we have 2 completely different products. A multiple minute processing time? Mine was instant. And I mean INSTANT. Did you do the firmware upgrade? I couldn't figure it out... Maybe that's the problem?

I'm sorry to read that your 16Gb Transcend Class 6 card does not work the same in your Rocoo-? as my 16GB Transcend Class 6 card works in my Rocoo-b. I have NOT installed the firmware upgrade. I'm running the firmware on my Rocoo-b that was on it when it was shipped to me: From Settings->System->About: Ver: 01.00.0001

Before trying anything else, what do you see in the
Settings->System->About (page down to where it shows storage capacity and storage (either used or avail)/total for the "C:" and "D:" "drives".
What are the numbers given when you have the 16Gb micro sd card installed?
Is it consistent with the Rocoo being aware (at some level) of what's on the card or not?

That the Rocoo gave NO processing time to the external storage, it seems to me that it did not sufficiently process it (external storage). Heck, when I just ADD an album to external storage, the Rocoo chews on it for 5-10 seconds longer when restarting for the first time afterwards. The last time I read that someone installed an external storage card that the (AMP3) did not use it as expected, it seemed to be related to having no music files on the internal storage. When the person having that problem stored one song on their internal storage, and then restarted, the external storage was processed and accessible with full functionality. So, I'll just throw that idea out again: Do you have songs on your internal storage?

I populated my 16Gb micro sdhc card in my AMP3-Pro.1 (running the latest Pro.1 FW released by HiSoundAudio). How did you populate your 16GB micro sdhc card? I don't know that this is related, just trying to think of what might be differences between what the two of us are doing.

Here's another idea - repeat the attempt from scratch: turn the Rocoo off, take the 16GB micro sdhc card out, put it back in, and start up the Rocoo again. On my computer, sometimes just unseating and reseating a card will affect how it performs. Again, just something I'm throwing out - NOT based on a Rocoo troubleshooting experience I've had.

My last idea (last because it will take the most time and effort): back up all of the music on your 16GB micro sdhc card onto your computer. Then reformat the card (I'd suggest using the Panasonic micro sd card formatter, rather than the Windows format), insert the blank card into the Rocoo and copy back all of your backed-up music from your computer back onto the Rocco. To save some time, at first, copy back only a few albums-worth of backed up music to the external storage in the Rocoo, and see if that helps, if it does, you can then copy the rest of your backed music back onto the card.

My best to you as you work to figure out how to get your 16 GB micro sdhc card to function as you'd like it to in your Rocoo.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #366 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by acroyear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
320gb mp3's. During quite passages you hear strange rumblings.

For what it's worth, I'm using Sennheiser Mx980 earbuds with my Rocoo. They are rated by Sennheiser as 16 ohm impedance, 118 dB sensitivity (yes, the dreaded low impedance, high sensitivity phones) - and I hear no player artifact sounds during quiet passages (hiss, rumblings, humm, ...).
And you do hear rumblings - again, just trying to document the differences between our experiences, which may end up being helpful to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing - or, maybe, not.

I, too, am using some 320 kbps mp3's from the 16 GB external storage as well - with none of the audible artifacts that you describe.

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #367 of 559
Quote:

For what it's worth, I'm using Sennheiser Mx980 earbuds with my Rocoo. They are rated by Sennheiser as 16 ohm impedance, 118 dB sensitivity (yes, the dreaded low impedance, high sensitivity phones) - and I hear no player artifact sounds during quiet passages (hiss, rumblings, humm, ...).
And you do hear rumblings - again, just trying to document the differences between our experiences, which may end up being helpful to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing - or, maybe, not.

I, too, am using some 320 kbps mp3's from the 16 GB external storage as well - with none of the audible artifacts that you describe.

I thought it was my Westone Um3x's that were causing the problem, until I listened to the music that came with the RoCoo on the internal memory. No rumbling, but then with the music on my card, I get the rumbling hiss. So, it can't be the earphones. I'll try some of your suggestions from your first post. Thanks Steve!

Apr 16, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #368 of 559
Quote:

I'm sorry to read that your 16Gb Transcend Class 6 card does not work the same in your Rocoo-? as my 16GB Transcend Class 6 card works in my Rocoo-b. I have NOT installed the firmware upgrade. I'm running the firmware on my Rocoo-b that was on it when it was shipped to me: From Settings->System->About: Ver: 01.00.0001

Before trying anything else, what do you see in the
Settings->System->About (page down to where it shows storage capacity and storage (either used or avail)/total for the "C:" and "D:" "drives".
What are the numbers given when you have the 16Gb micro sd card installed?
Is it consistent with the Rocoo being aware (at some level) of what's on the card or not?

That the Rocoo gave NO processing time to the external storage, it seems to me that it did not sufficiently process it (external storage). Heck, when I just ADD an album to external storage, the Rocoo chews on it for 5-10 seconds longer when restarting for the first time afterwards. The last time I read that someone installed an external storage card that the (AMP3) did not use it as expected, it seemed to be related to having no music files on the internal storage. When the person having that problem stored one song on their internal storage, and then restarted, the external storage was processed and accessible with full functionality. So, I'll just throw that idea out again: Do you have songs on your internal storage?

I populated my 16Gb micro sdhc card in my AMP3-Pro.1 (running the latest Pro.1 FW released by HiSoundAudio). How did you populate your 16GB micro sdhc card? I don't know that this is related, just trying to think of what might be differences between what the two of us are doing.

Here's another idea - repeat the attempt from scratch: turn the Rocoo off, take the 16GB micro sdhc card out, put it back in, and start up the Rocoo again. On my computer, sometimes just unseating and reseating a card will affect how it performs. Again, just something I'm throwing out - NOT based on a Rocoo troubleshooting experience I've had.

My last idea (last because it will take the most time and effort): back up all of the music on your 16GB micro sdhc card onto your computer. Then reformat the card (I'd suggest using the Panasonic micro sd card formatter, rather than the Windows format), insert the blank card into the Rocoo and copy back all of your backed-up music from your computer back onto the Rocco. To save some time, at first, copy back only a few albums-worth of backed up music to the external storage in the Rocoo, and see if that helps, if it does, you can then copy the rest of your backed music back onto the card.

My best to you as you work to figure out how to get your 16 GB micro sdhc card to function as you'd like it to in your Rocoo.

I did the same a you I think. I got the RoCoo, popped the 16gb card out of my Amp3 (which is how I populated my card as well) and put it in the RoCoo. It had no processing time at all, to the point where I assumed it wasn't reading the card. Then I checked, and it had read it. I thought WOW! That was so much faster than the Amp3! Then, I noticed the "rumbling" during quiet parts such as the beginnings of songs etc..

It doesn't happen with my ESW9's, which led me to believe my UM3x were just to sensitive. Oh well, I thought... Then I realized it wasn't happening with songs on the internal memory that the RoCoo shipped with.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #370 of 559
I received the Amp3 Studio as a kind of compensation after i had 2 faulty devices of the Pro2. Now the Studio starts to act strange as well, after it did not for the first couple of weeks. It just suddenly switiches itself off (both sleep timer and autoshutdown set to off!). There is no pattern to this. It might happen 4 times a day but then again i do not have trouble for the next 2 days. This after a while really gets annyoing since the product is totally unreliable. Now this is my third Hisoundaudio device which obviously is faulty. They seem to be able to pull off some good sounding devices but what's that if you can't use it properly?? Did anyone else on here had similar problems? Any advice what to do?

Apr 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #373 of 559
I don't think anyone else reported problems quite like that with the pro2. It actually just shuts down and you then have to boot it up again? It's not that it is freezing, stops playback, and becomes unresponsive making you hit the reset button, wait ~20 seconds and then boot it up? The latter was something that happened to a lot of people.

If it is the former (shuts down, not freezes), does it do it when you're not navigating through the menus? i know that i have, for one, held the play button just a bit too long, trying to get to the menu, accidentally shutting down, a few times before.

I'm sure if you've had amp3's replaced for it before hisound/craig would have gone through all that with you, but i still gotta check.

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #374 of 559
I had lot's of trouble with the freezing issue with my first Pro2. Now the 2nd Pro2 had this shutdown problem as well and no, i do not hit the play button a bit too long, it just shuts down while playing not touching the thing. The same problem i have now with the Studio. Most likely a software problem if u ask me. Somehow the shutdown mode gets triggered eventhough it is not suppose to.

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #375 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by i618 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had lot's of trouble with the freezing issue with my first Pro2. Now the 2nd Pro2 had this shutdown problem as well and no, i do not hit the play button a bit too long, it just shuts down while playing not touching the thing. The same problem i have now with the Studio. Most likely a software problem if u ask me. Somehow the shutdown mode gets triggered eventhough it is not suppose to.

Very strange behavior with 2 different units! I have both the Pro1 and Pro2 and have never experienced a random shutdown, other than as commanded by the timer settings in the setup menu. The original firmware defaults to a timed shutoff setting.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back