STUDIO I Evaluation!!!
Apr 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #376 of 559
Very strange indeed, and with 2 units. I remember wondering why my AMP3 Pro1 kept shutting down, and it turned out to be either the sleep timer or auto shutoff, which was reset ever time the unit shuts down with the original firmware. If I remember correctly, there is both a sleep timer and an auto shutoff.

On a different note, my AMP3 still gets used because it synergizes well with my SM3. Except for the hiss (the SM3 is very sensitive), the pairing is awesome. I can't wait for the Studio and hope it has a similar sound signature and pairing.

Apr 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #379 of 559
I received the new Studio with the changes made to the socket. I'm testing this weekend and pushing as hard as I can to get this a final thumbs up for production. The socket is very important to make sure this issue is resolved. I hope you understand...

The new box that its shipped in is GORGEOUS.

Thanks!
Craig

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #381 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you do the firmware upgrade? It is on the HiSound website. That gives more volume. As a matter of fact, I am looking for the "original firmware" that came installed on the unit so that I can revert back. I find with the updated firmware the sound gets too loud too fast and doesn't compliment sensitive phones. Can anyone point the direction of the original firmware please?

I am in NYC this weekend, but will do it as soon as I get home. Thanks for the help!

Chris

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #382 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobayrasta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in NYC this weekend, but will do it as soon as I get home. Thanks for the help!

Chris

I'm all set but thanks anyway. Do you like the Amp3 Pro2? I'm really liking mine and patiently awaiting the arrival of the new "Studio".

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #384 of 559
Looks like hisoundaudio will release the product!!

I approve the new changes and design.
I will provide a date once they confirm.

I must tell you that the sound is incredible. From IEMs to full size cans, this player is well delivered. Detail, rich, fast sound with "fast" smooth transition. Fast start up. Full size equipment sound.

The headphone socket is being address. This will fit many headphones out there!! For those with larger headphone jacks, a solution will be provided.

The case that comes with is beautiful. I'm very excited about this newly design product!!

Craig

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #385 of 559
Great news, Craig! You should have a great feeling of accomplishment seeing this project through to the final product! I have no doubts that the long road to this point was well worth the wait.

Ron

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #386 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The case that comes with is beautiful. I'm very excited about this newly design product!!

Craig

Probably the last thing that matters here, but what about this "case"? Is it just the box you mentioned before, or is there some kind of travel type case you're speaking of..

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #388 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like hisoundaudio will release the product!!

I approve the new changes and design.
I will provide a date once they confirm.

I must tell you that the sound is incredible. From IEMs to full size cans, this player is well delivered. Detail, rich, fast sound with "fast" smooth transition. Fast start up. Full size equipment sound.

The headphone socket is being address. This will fit many headphones out there!! For those with larger headphone jacks, a solution will be provided.

Craig

Could you make some pics of the Studio from all directions (or at least of the socket & the bottom) & of that box? & can you show us some freq response graphs?

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #390 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any hiss for the final version??

I'm trying hard to hear hiss and its not noticeable. I have most of the customs and there is a very very slight hiss, however I remember the original recording there was a touch....other tracks I have not heard any evidence yet.

I'm moving to more sensitive earphones and seeing if there is a difference. Headphones ROCK!~! My custom PS1000's sing! Edition 9 - - WOW~!~

The included headphones should really be taken seriously also.

There have been some comments re: fixing the headphone socket. The headphone socket itself works fine. It just not flush with the casing which limits certain headphones from working since it can not make contact.

The changes now allow most headphones to be compatible. In addition, an adaptor solution will be provide.

I have given the OK and hisoundaudio is now releasing the product.

Yahoo!!
beerchug.gif

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back