SR60-Mod
May 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #3,992 of 5,004

I have my T50s boxed up right now to go out and get some pants put on them. Im excited to get them back.

Quote:
When I used to read that T50 thread there seemed to be some converted Grado heads. I havent peeked in there since like October when I got my HF2's. I recall one of the posts in the HF2 review comparison thread saying they were the perfect compliment to his HF2. For $80 bucks they are certainly worth taking a chance with.

May 26, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #3,993 of 5,004
[size=medium]I too am grateful for Billavideos work here with Grado modding.  He seems to me to be a very kind and generous soul. I’m only advocating that people stop placing orders until Bill satisfactorily fulfils his existing orders and publicly declares so. The endless “where’s my stuff” posts are indeed distracting from the work being done here and serve to discredit it. I too hope Bill is well and I am looking forward to hearing from him again soon![/size]

[size=medium]Bill.[/size]

May 26, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #3,994 of 5,004
Maybe, we could have another thread for orders/updates (some sort of billacups group buy thread) and leave this for mods only. this thread is a valuable resource in the forums and would be sad to get it locked or derail it. and I am too waiting for a set of cocobolo cups from bil since quite a while now, It is truth that i am in no hurry, but still.

May 26, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #3,995 of 5,004
I didn't mean for this to turn into what it has. I have no reason to complain, Bill has been nothing but kind in helping me out by sending me a spare driver he had for free. I didn't mean to make it look like I was complaining or attacking him, I just was wondering if anyone else has had contact with him.

Hopefully all is well with him and everyone gets their orders filled soon.

May 26, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #3,996 of 5,004
Oh no! I broke my SR-80s! Does anybody have any suggestions for replacing the little plastic pin that holds the cup to the C-clip? I'm sure I'm not using the correct terms, so here's a picture:

May 26, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #3,997 of 5,004

Quote:
Oh no! I broke my SR-80s! Does anybody have any suggestions for replacing the little plastic pin that holds the cup to the C-clip? I'm sure I'm not using the correct terms, so here's a picture:

Thats a bummer. I've actually done this quite a few times. Unfortunately it's a pain to get a replacement headband. One thing you could try doing is pop out the rest of the plastic peg and replace it with a pen tip. It doesn't really match but it's hardly noticeable. 

The next thing you could try is popping out all of the pegs and replace them with something else all together. Although this method will undoubtably take a little modding skills and patience though. 

May 26, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #3,998 of 5,004

You've been asking for this driver since early april. I know its free but come on! The post office picks up my letters everyday. All I have to do is put it in my mailbox

Quote:
I didn't mean for this to turn into what it has. I have no reason to complain, Bill has been nothing but kind in helping me out by sending me a spare driver he had for free. I didn't mean to make it look like I was complaining or attacking him, I just was wondering if anyone else has had contact with him.

Hopefully all is well with him and everyone gets their orders filled soon.

May 26, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #3,999 of 5,004

Quote:

Give Grado a call. I had broken gimbal ring a while back and they dropped a replacement in the mail for me. I'm sure they have a few those things laying around and would be happy to drop a couple in the mail for you.

May 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #4,000 of 5,004

Quote:

snip

maybe you can push that little piece out totally and replace it with little but long screws

1000x500px-LL-58cf35ec_IMG_2723.jpg

that pict came from this thread

May 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #4,001 of 5,004
Just figured I'd chime in my 2 cents about the whole thing.. Bill seems like a very generous person, but he told me on two occasions that my stuff would be in the mail and it never came.. Granted he was doing me a favor anyways, so its not like I'm mad or anything.. But, I didn't appreciate the fact that he told me stuff was getting sent and it never got sent. I really just think he has too much on his plate. I kinda gave up on the stuff that he was going to send me and looked elsewhere for parts to upgrade my Grado's. My only Gripe is that he told me stuff was going to be sent off and it wasn't.. Now, had I been paying him for shells or something along those lines and he did this. I would be quite mad. So, take it how you will.

Sorry to contribute to the derailment, I've just wanted to let people know this for a bit now.

P.S. I STILL have to post pictures of what I did to my headband and my dynamat mod.. I'll try to do it this evening. and I think i'm getting a silver cable and some rosewood cups soon. And I might be joining the world of the T50rp's... Need a good amp first though. If anyone has one laying around... :) toss me a PM!

Happy modding everyone!

May 26, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #4,002 of 5,004
Thanks for the responses guys. I like the idea of using small screws. The only problem will be getting the broken piece out of the cup. I warped the plastic a little with the hairdryer when I replaced the grills. If I take them apart again I don't think they're going back together. Maybe this is a good time to go woodies. Since I don't have the equipment to make them myself, is there a recommended place to get them? $130 from JMoney seems steep and it sounds Bilavideo's production is on hold.

May 26, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #4,003 of 5,004
It won't look as good, but pop out the broken piece and glue a cut off finishing nail in there. I use finishing nails as the pivots for all of my wood cups and they have worked great so far. Functional solutions are initially the most important thing for me.

May 26, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #4,004 of 5,004
Woo-hoo! Your ideas got my wheels turning and I came up with a fix. Since I'm at work, I just used my leatherman tool and a piece of plastic I found. It's ugly, but it works! I'm still going to look around for woodies, but now I can still use them in the meantime. CRISIS AVERTED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back