SR60-Mod
May 27, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #4,021 of 5,004
Haha gotta love what our tax dollars are going towards. Instead of them coming like they said they would tomorrow, they came today! Ill post a review tomorrow.

May 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #4,022 of 5,004

Just got done making my own headband. It's a bit rough in some spots but I am pretty happy with it. 
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #4,024 of 5,004
These days he's usually covered head to toe in exotic wood dust... breathing is hazardous to his health!

May 27, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #4,025 of 5,004
figured out my silver cable.. i'm not even about to think about how much it cost.. I'll just be happy with it :) I'm gonna put 8 conductor silver on my grado's, 4 on my portapros or ksc75's (waiting to get my ksc75s before I decide) and I'm getting a nice 10 food canare extension!

Also working on finalizing some wooden cups  and i STILL need to post pics of my freaking headband.. I'll just do it now it's already 2:18 am.. whats a few more minutes? 

My dynamat colored black. Also, notice I punched all 10 holes..

See that material on the headband? I really like it there. It is some stuff that my uncle was using to line his toolbox. I snatched some of it and I really like it because it keeps my headphones in place better. It has one of those so smooth it is sticky type textures and it keeps them from slipping around on my head. It would work even better for you baldy's out there lol.

that's all I've got for now..

Happy Modding!

P.S. My bowls quickly made there way back on :D

May 27, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #4,026 of 5,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneelJung /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm listening to my new Warren Haynes CD, Man In Motion
biggrin.gif

Warren is quite the man.  I have Clapton's Crossroads 2010 DVD and he plays quite a bit on there.  Also, have you tried Gregg Allman's new one "Low Country Blues" yet?  Also, quite good, IMO.

May 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #4,028 of 5,004

Quote:
Haha gotta love what our tax dollars are going towards. Instead of them coming like they said they would tomorrow, they came today! Ill post a review tomorrow.

The lack of regular letters (due to e-mail) has created an abundance of postal workers.  I've actually found their services over the past few years to be quite quick and efficient - though, I never thought I'd be saying it.  I'm looking forward to your review and pictures once you finish your modification project.

May 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #4,029 of 5,004
Sorry guys, my full review and pictures will have to wait until I am able to source some Dynamat. The only mod left for me to do is vent the driver and Dynamat the back of the driver. So far I have:installed the wood cups, reverse quarter modded the pads, and removed the loin clothe. As it appears to me, the sound seems much crisper and clearer. It also seems to be more lively. These impressions were only from about 2 minutes of listening so pics and a much better review will be up in the next couple of days.

May 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #4,030 of 5,004

Quote:
Sorry guys, my full review and pictures will have to wait until I am able to source some Dynamat. The only mod left for me to do is vent the driver and Dynamat the back of the driver. So far I have:installed the wood cups, reverse quarter modded the pads, and removed the loin clothe. As it appears to me, the sound seems much crisper and clearer. It also seems to be more lively. These impressions were only from about 2 minutes of listening so pics and a much better review will be up in the next couple of days.

I wish I knew of your need a bit earlier in the week, I would have sent some your way so you would have had it in time for this longer weekend of upgrades.  If you need some Dynamat for the backs of the driver magnets, just PM me your information.  I'll get you squared away and sent out tomorrow (Saturday) morning so you can get it by the middle of next week.

May 27, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #4,031 of 5,004

Quote:
I wish I knew of your need a bit earlier in the week, I would have sent some your way so you would have had it in time for this longer weekend of upgrades.  If you need some Dynamat for the backs of the driver magnets, just PM me your information.  I'll get you squared away and sent out tomorrow (Saturday) morning so you can get it by the middle of next week.

You are a kind man Wayne, bravo! 

May 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #4,033 of 5,004
You guys are awesome!!!!!  I'm doing OK, I have discovered IEM's.....now I'm in the IEM rabbit hole and loving it!!!

Bilavideo--I'm ok just tripping with some new/used gear I picked up.....first I am hearing that the E11 is fantastic and I'll be getting one soon as its neat looking and it sounds good so I must have it--LOL.

I got a HM-602 Digital audio player and when I tried it with my modded Grado's (my avatar ones) it sounded so good I almost wet myself--LOL...the DAC and Player with the Grado's is the best sound I've ever heard anywhere in my life and I mean it--for me its the absolute best combo I've heard, why? who knows but the planets align and the headphone God's shine down whenever I put them on my head. Frigging amazing.
 I also got some NIB SA-6's that Todd The Vinyl Junkie still had and they are the definition of neutral sounding the way I have them tuned right now, you forget you have anything in your ears with the Comply tips I've gotten for my stuff...man I'm having a ball.

How's the amp Big Bill??

Chris thanks for the PM seeing if I was all right your a good man!!!!!!!    E11 Chris-Buy it, love it, use the leftover cash and buy your mom some flowers!!!!
 I still have my stock SR60's waiting for a creative idea to come to me, I saw a bunch of stainless steel gimbels earlier in the thread--I like that alot!!!
I think I got to get some of the Mushroom looking Wood shells for these next ones, I got Dynamat, I got stock cans, I just need to hit up side the head with and idea, my other idea is in my avatar and is still making me smile!!!  Have a great weekend guys, see you soon....Peace.....Ed

May 28, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #4,034 of 5,004
Ed,

Good to hear from you.  Yes, the E11 is a fine amp.  I've had mine for about 3 days now along with the LODs that I purchased (for the Walkman and the Fuze).  The amp doesn't do much for my Sennheiser HD-555 headphones.  However, my Grados - oh my ... such blissful sound is coming "alive" with this amp driving them.  For $60, you really can't go wrong.  I was actually tossing around the idea at opting for a more lofty Grado such as the RS-1.  But, with this amp pushing my woody SR-225 Grados, I really don't think things could get any better.

The portability of this little amp is key.  You can charge it up, take your gear to work and work with true audiophile sound at your desk.  I never thought I'd see the day.  I realize there are probably 15 other "great" amps out there that are worth trying.  I'm just happy with this "first" one that I've made the move to. I actually have mine running in Low power mode (changed to this mode by taking out the battery) and setting the switch to the right mode.  I have it set to Lo-Gain and NO bass boost.  Yet, the Grados just beam with sound.  So far, I've only used my Walkman as the source.  The Fuze is basically my night time player and is connected to my HD-555 Sennheisers.  However, since I did buy a LOD for it, I should give it a try with this amp and see how things work out.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone !!  Stay safe and remember our military service members.

May 28, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #4,035 of 5,004
For $60 your getting the last 2% of the magic fomula that is SYNERGY. And when it clicks in and works its very cool isn't it. Think back to the first time you tried it three days ago-did you say out loud "this sounds great" or something similar??? I think I actually said "_uck yeah!!!".....LOL.

The E11 went from a "possibly get" to a "must have it" when the first 10 or so comments I  read from people who maybe had it 10 mins to an hour and had to stop listening long enough to sit and write about it here, thats when I know its slammin. If I don't see that kind of reaction and just a few say wow but some say "how do I change this" and that or "does yours ___" then its wait and see time but this was immediate and full of gusto for everyone who got them right away, the hard core guys like us that mod and wait for parts to mod more, it was cool to watch over the past week or so!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back