SR60-Mod
Feb 25, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #1,726 of 5,004

Quote:

The offer is open to anybody who needs it.  I'm not giving out whole sheets, but if somebody needs a little Dynamat to cover a driver, I'm your dealer (wocka wocka).

Haha yeah I'd just need enough to cover the driver.

Feb 25, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #1,727 of 5,004
ok great i'm definitely going to use dynamat. is this something i can get from autozone?

thanks

Quote:

It's the stuff for your car.  It's really a rubbery goo, but a heavy one.  The idea is that this stuff adds weight and absorbs the shock.  It helps prevent rattling and buzzing.  Believe it or not, once you fully vent your drivers, the bass potential is so impactful that post-tweak buzzing is more or less common.  Once you slap on the Dynamat, you'll notice an immediate improvement, not just with the buzzing issue but with the overall presentation.  When I mod, I routinely slap on Dynamat.

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #1,728 of 5,004
I was looking at that a47 amp someone mentioned but couldn't find any good instructions or a parts list like the Millet amps have. Does anyone have a link?

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #1,729 of 5,004

Quote:
ok great i'm definitely going to use dynamat. is this something i can get from autozone?

I got my dynamat equivalent from b-quiet.com.

Quote:
I was looking at that a47 amp someone mentioned but couldn't find any good instructions or a parts list like the Millet amps have. Does anyone have a link?

http://benfeist.com/a47/

And here's a recent A47 thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/531454/mullet-a47-thread

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #1,730 of 5,004
Anyone ever have a "bad mod day"? I accidentally melted the wires on my soldering iron (Shocking myself in the process: house current is tingly), hit myself in the eye with molten plastic while dremeling, scratched 2 of my 3 plugs, and broke 3 (yes 3) of my oak donuts in various ways...but I have been successful. I have made my Grado cable detatchable and recabled the end with a neutrik plug!!! Pics in the morning, after the glue on the new donuts dries.

Feb 26, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,732 of 5,004

Anyone ever have a "bad mod day"? I accidentally melted the wires on my soldering iron (Shocking myself in the process: house current is tingly), hit myself in the eye with molten plastic while dremeling, scratched 2 of my 3 plugs, and broke 3 (yes 3) of my oak donuts in various ways...but I have been successful. I have made my Grado cable detatchable and recabled the end with a neutrik plug!!! Pics in the morning, after the glue on the new donuts dries.

Modding can be quite frustrating.  Somedays, the entire process conspires against you.  When that happens, you can choose to quit ("I didn't want to do this anyway") or accept it as a fresh challenge from the gods.  If at first you don't succeed, either give up or chalk it up.  No great idea is found until all stupid ones have been exhausted.

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #1,734 of 5,004

billavideo would you send me a piece too? a sheet sounds very expensive. thank you in advance. 

No problem.  Anybody who wants just enough Dynamat to damp the magnet back is welcome to it.  Postage is minimal.  I'm glad to help.  You'll find that damping the magnet back is quite helpful.  What's more, it becomes a practical necessity once you unleash all that bass, much like the need to damp the inside of a speaker cabinet once you let the subwoofers roar.

Feb 26, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #1,735 of 5,004

Quote:

Modding can be quite frustrating.  Somedays, the entire process conspires against you.  When that happens, you can choose to quit ("I didn't want to do this anyway") or accept it as a fresh challenge from the gods.  If at first you don't succeed, either give up or chalk it up.  No great idea is found until all stupid ones have been exhausted.

Agreed! The best creations are forged by the pain of Thor's Hammer!

Feb 26, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #1,737 of 5,004

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Just finished a new experiment! Lion special edition. Made of walnut inner and aluminum outer. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Cheers,

Al

Bravo sir, I admire your creativity!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #1,738 of 5,004
I'm back and those lion things made me say "wow"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back