SR60-Mod part II
Sep 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #2,116 of 3,353

Quote:
Just got my leather headband in from jinteddy7, I love it! Looks great, feels great, and smells fantastic! Worth every penny! Thanks again jin!

Hey thanks lots =) glad you enjoyed it ...installed it already?  .... this post really made my day ... =)

Sep 16, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #2,117 of 3,353
Those Grado headbands look like a really good buy...just wondering, is it hard to replace the stock one?

I see each side has a little cut near the end to let it the metal part of the headband to pass through. Is it difficult to take apart the plastic pieces with the L and the R on them?

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #2,118 of 3,353

Quote:
Those Grado headbands look like a really good buy...just wondering, is it hard to replace the stock one?

I see each side has a little cut near the end to let it the metal part of the headband to pass through. Is it difficult to take apart the plastic pieces with the L and the R on them?

It's relatively easy to perform the swap.  A few drops of nail polish remover down one of the L or R blocks where the metal connects.  Then, you gently pull and wiggle the current headband and metal piece lose from the plastic block.  Wipe off any of the remaining nail polish remover.  Swap headbands.  Then, insert the metal piece back into the plastic block.  Sometimes it will fit back in place nice and tight and not require a drop of glue.  Other times, you might have to apply a small drop of glue that works with metal and plastic to hold it back in place.  For example, a small drop of super glue would work.

If you use super glue to get things to hold back into place, there's a good chance that you might not be able to get that same side apart again in the future.  However, if you need to remove the headband at a future point, just head to the other plastic block that you didn't use the super glue on and remove it with the nail polish remover as described earlier.

Best of luck.

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #2,119 of 3,353
Some public clarification regarding my issue with the cups that I sent to Kojaku since the cups from Cabillas never made it to Kojaku.  Cabillas is a man of his word and I've learned that I'll be receiving my replacement cups in the next two weeks or so.  I'm quite pleased with how this has finally worked out.

I want to apologize to the forum community if my ranting may have seemed disturbing in any way.  I love this forum and this community.  However, like in any group or situation in life, there will always be a few bad apples.  Fortunately, my situation has worked out and things are good again.  I look forward to remain providing contributions towards this thread and this forum as well as helping members in any way that I possibly can.

Onward and upward ...

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #2,120 of 3,353

Quote:
Hey thanks lots =) glad you enjoyed it ...installed it already?  .... this post really made my day ... =)

Yup, installed this morning. Only took a few minutes and I am enjoying it on my head as I type this
dt880smile.png

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #2,121 of 3,353
Also received my new headband today.  Jin is a great guy to deal with, very good before and after sales communication and the little hand written note on back of Headphone Lounge branded cardboard just show the level of effort to satisfy.  I can only echo what has already been said, the headband looks and feels great.  Love the texture and cushioning is just right.  So much better than the vinyl cheapie.  Installation is super easy, no chemicals required.  Just don't be girlie on those rod blocks, apply force (follow the guide).

Anyhow, I think I'm done with my SR80i's.  Moving on to the SR325i's.  Then again, I did catch myself eying Chris' silver cable just now again.

These are just some quick indoor shots I took, mostly with flash.  Will try get some better shots in natural light outside once weather clears up.

Sep 17, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #2,122 of 3,353

Quote:
Yup, installed this morning. Only took a few minutes and I am enjoying it on my head as I type this
dt880smile.png

Quote:
Also received my new headband today.  Jin is a great guy to deal with, very good before and after sales communication and the little hand written note on back of Headphone Lounge branded cardboard just show the level of effort to satisfy.  I can only echo what has already been said, the headband looks and feels great.  Love the texture and cushioning is just right.  So much better than the vinyl cheapie.  Installation is super easy, no chemicals required.  Just don't be girlie on those rod blocks, apply force (follow the guide).

Anyhow, I think I'm done with my SR80i's.  Moving on to the SR325i's.  Then again, I did catch myself eying Chris' silver cable just now again.

These are just some quick indoor shots I took, mostly with flash.  Will try get some better shots in natural light outside once weather clears up.

Thanks guys, i am extremely grateful for your reviews and feedback ... really appreciate it =). Thanks again for all your support. =)

Cheers,

-jin-

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #2,126 of 3,353
I just got SR80i, and I took the cups off the headband - then I realized I forgot to make note of which was L and which was R. I see a red wire in one cup, and a white in the other. Can anyone help me out?

Sep 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #2,127 of 3,353

Quote:
I just got SR80i, and I took the cups off the headband - then I realized I forgot to make note of which was L and which was R. I see a red wire in one cup, and a white in the other. Can anyone help me out?

In my SR60i, I wrote it down before I removed them:

right: blue and white
left: blue and red

Not sure if it's the same in the 80s but I would assume so.

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #2,129 of 3,353

Quote:
just thought I'd report back as well. Have been using Jin's headband for a couple of days now. Very well made, smells amazing and is really comfortable. Great job man!

Thanks =)

Quote:
Hey Jin, what exactly are the mods you do? Do you do any other phones as well?

Hi, I just make the Grado Leather Headbands and they fit all the Grado models. I do not plan on making other headbands for other phones as i am not familiar with them. My partner, chris_himself does silver recables so we do offer that service. Ill pm you the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back