SR60-Mod part II
Aug 12, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #1,351 of 3,353
Great tutorial Kojaku (and I don't even have any Grados
tongue.gif
).

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #1,352 of 3,353

Quote:
So I am really enjoying my TTVJ flat pads. Definitely my favorite pads for right now, just so much more bass impact.

Got a pair on the way.. and my bloodwood cups! Not sure if the 225i is going to need them.. kind of silly ordering a pad to increase the bass when I'm not sure if I'll need it or not. But, at least I'll know what flats are all about.. I think I'll be looking to pass them on to someone else most likely though, unless my woodie 225i's need the bass.. Now, I just need to demo a pair of Jumbos.. who wants to send me a pair? Actually, I might be willing to trade the flats for jumbos if someone would be willing.. That is assuming I don't care for the flats.. I could think they are amazing and wanna hold onto them. 

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #1,353 of 3,353
Well dammit. I just decided to attempt my own sock mod with little success before looking here and seeing there was a guide posted just a couple of days ago.

Oh well.

I think it'd be cheaper and easier to use the HD414 pads instead of the bowls. Did your sock bowls end up circumnarual?

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #1,354 of 3,353

Quote:
Well dammit. I just decided to attempt my own sock mod with little success before looking here and seeing there was a guide posted just a couple of days ago.

Oh well.

I think it'd be cheaper and easier to use the HD414 pads instead of the bowls. Did your sock bowls end up circumnarual?

Why yes they did. Just perfectly so. Read the guide. That's why I measured so precisely :) Sorry my guide was late though... x(

Kojaku

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #1,356 of 3,353
Aug 12, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #1,359 of 3,353
If someone comes up with a way to sock mod the 414s I'll be all over it.  They could use something to cover up the yellow.  
biggrin.gif

I mean....you could just use a thinner sock and roll it not as tall. It'd be a sock mod, but I honestly have no idea about the acoustics since the hd414 pads have no bowl in the middle, just a hole....

Kojaku

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #1,360 of 3,353
Just got my sapelle cups in from Cabillas, they look freakin' great! Can't wait for my MS1's to come back from warranty, they should be in next week... Getting excited!

Yeah, that's definitely my next tutorial. A full walk through, from opening cups to partial liberation. At least that way it'd all be in one quick post with pics. I'll probably do an updated leather headband one as well, since the old one has some methods that I found a bit inefficient.

Kojaku

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #1,361 of 3,353

Quote:
I mean....you could just use a thinner sock and roll it not as tall. It'd be a sock mod, but I honestly have no idea about the acoustics since the hd414 pads have no bowl in the middle, just a hole....

Kojaku

I imagine you'd just further muffle things.  Eh,  maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.  For being such ugly pads they sure are comfortable.

Aug 12, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #1,362 of 3,353

Quote:
Yeah, that's definitely my next tutorial. A full walk through, from opening cups to partial liberation. At least that way it'd all be in one quick post with pics. I'll probably do an updated leather headband one as well, since the old one has some methods that I found a bit inefficient.

Kojaku

I would really like to see that man, put some music to this one haha!

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #1,363 of 3,353
I imagine you'd just further muffle things.  Eh,  maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.  For being such ugly pads they sure are comfortable.

Yeah, they were definitely one of my front runners coming into the Grado scene since they had been hailed as far more comfy than comfies. Then I tried a pair and found the sound...unimpressive (not to say they aren't comfy). So I took things into my own hands and boom! Sock mod :)

Kojaku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back