SR60-Mod part II
Jul 1, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #46 of 3,353
Since I joined the site when the original thread was already hundreds of pages, I'm stoked to be able to see this thread from its inception. My sr60is are still my only venture in to the hi-fi world so I'm holding off on moding them, but I bet eventually I will...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #48 of 3,353
To be honest, it doesnt seem like alot of info to grab.

1. open cups - explain.
2. poke holes - explain
3. dynamat, felt - explain
4. liberate - explain
5. wood cups - explain.

Quote:
I've got a lot of free time this weekend. Imma see if I can at least begin picking through the 334 pages of stuff and save all the mod related stuff. Maybe make a wiki page on Wikiphonia.

Kojaku

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #51 of 3,353

Quote:
To be honest, it doesnt seem like alot of info to grab.

1. open cups - explain.
2. poke holes - explain
3. dynamat, felt - explain
4. liberate - explain
5. wood cups - explain.

A bit more actually.

6. Recabling
7. Detachable stereo/mono
8. Headband and Rod Blocks
9. Mesh
10. Metal Cups
11. Carbon Fiber Cups
12. Different types of Foams (think theres a link to an article somewhere which had side by side comparisons)
13. Rod Locks
14. Gimbals

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #52 of 3,353

It would almost seem easier to just ask a mod not to delete the thread.

Quote:

A bit more actually.

6. Recabling
7. Detachable stereo/mono
8. Headband and Rod Blocks
9. Mesh
10. Metal Cups
11. Carbon Fiber Cups
12. Different types of Foams (think theres a link to an article somewhere which had side by side comparisons)
13. Rod Locks
14. Gimbals

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #53 of 3,353
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #54 of 3,353

Quote:
I think one of the most helpful things would be to copy the intro of the original thread where Bila is giving a walk through of opening up the Grados and doing the basic mods and put that as the intro to this thread along with a short write up. I know the first page or two are what helped me the most on the original thread.

Perhaps Bila would be willing to do the work?

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #56 of 3,353
Just got back from the store with $3 of "Handi Tak" (not quite Blu-Tack..) and $3 for 12 3M sticky adhesive felt stickers. Popped on one felt sticker to each driver to start off with. Just started In Absentia - Porcupine Tree to test it out 

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #57 of 3,353
What is your guys opinions on balancing? How well would it work to reterminate a Grado SR80i with two 3 pin XLR plugs and purchase a Little Dot Balanced amp? What would the benefits be and am I forgetting anything?

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #58 of 3,353

Quote:
What is your guys opinions on balancing? How well would it work to reterminate a Grado SR80i with two 3 pin XLR plugs and purchase a Little Dot Balanced amp? What would the benefits be and am I forgetting anything?

To me, it seems like a lot of work for a lowly-set of headphones.  If you had something a bit further up the food chain, then it would be worth  your efforts.  Then again, if you were to perform this mod to a pair of SR-80i headphones and later upgraded, you could just essently take the cable over to the new headphones and be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back