Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Oct 18, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #301 of 523
lmao these guys are a joke. I ordered mine on Oct2; they sent me a shipping confirmation Oct 3rd. I sent an email out yesteday, asking them when they shipped them, and they told me the headphones were out of stock, and so they shipped the headphones out yesterday, 15 days after the shipping confirmation email. sweet.

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #302 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyoung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lmao these guys are a joke. I ordered mine on Oct2; they sent me a shipping confirmation Oct 3rd. I sent an email out yesteday, asking them when they shipped them, and they told me the headphones were out of stock, and so they shipped the headphones out yesterday, 15 days after the shipping confirmation email. sweet.

well, at least we can hope all of us that ordered around this time had our orders shipped yesterday.

i can deal with the wait for these, but FP won't ever see any more business from me.

Oct 19, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #303 of 523
Got mine yesterday, it was shipped on 9/26. It took 21 days. They did send it using register mail. The headphone worth the wait that's for sure.
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #304 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyoung /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Crap, I think that's the same day I ordered mine, so I probably won't get them for a while. Even if these sound fantastic I won't be dealing with these guys again.

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #305 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of energy for $20 headphones. Since I got mine, my guess is everyone will eventually get theirs. Funniest thing is, the day mine arrived, I had written an email asking about my expected arrival date. The mailman drops them off, with signature required, and then I get an email saying my pair was shipped the day before. Huh? I may end up with two pair.

Well i emailed them too and they said the same thing.

Are they using standardised replies to all our queries? It seems that they are telling everyone that "your order has been shipped yesterday"

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #310 of 523
Early, brief review:

They are a great deal at $20. As others have said, they don't isolate very well because they don't go in very deep. The bass is quite strong -- no need for the extended bass setting. In fact, I wouldn't mind reducing it a little. Quite a bit more bass than the RE2. I will need to do a direct comparison, but I think they do not have the clarity in the mids and highs that the RE2's have. Based on my limited experience with the Denon 551's, I think the PL30's are better than the Denons.

When I get the time, I'll do some A/B comparisons between the PL30's and the RE2's and Yuin PK2's.

Oct 21, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #311 of 523
Nice review. I have been waiting for a review or two or more and finally the post is about a review. Thanks
Oh they sound better with a 48 hour burn in. I look forward to more of what you think of these.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #312 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite a bit more bass than the RE2. I will need to do a direct comparison, but I think they do not have the clarity in the mids and highs that the RE2's have. Based on my limited experience with the Denon 551's, I think the PL30's are better than the Denons.

Thanks for the mini review. Sounds like what I need actually. Haven't heard the RE2s but the denons really don't agree with me. Regretted buying them.

By the way, focalprice just informed me that stock is in and they have just shipped my pl-30s with tracking. According to hongkongpost, package will leave for destination today. This when I had "shipping" confirmation on the 4th Oct.

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #314 of 523
Probably going to escalate my dispute to a claim soon, was told to ignore the tracking and wait another 15 business days which is conveniently after paypal's deadline to escalate it. I hope everyone else who ordered is getting treated better.

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #315 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by 20LEGEND /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you only order the PL30s? They say they don't give out tracking numbers for orders under $20.
frown.gif

Ordered 5 PL30s so yeah... >$20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back