Soundmagic pl-30 20.00 shipped
Oct 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #286 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I made a paypal claim because they didn't message me an order confirmation let alone tracking info. And it was almost 3 weeks of me sending them messages and not getting a single response that lead me to that. I don't care how long it takes once they ship it out, I mean then it's not on them anymore. I just wanted it to be shipped, I wasn't even talking about the fake tracking issue.

Let's just say not everyone's situation is the same. If I had been in the same situation as you, not having received any order confirmation or shipping notification and not being answered for 3 weeks, I would probably also have made a PayPal claim.
I just do not think it is necessary to do that if you received a shipping confirmation because even though this may not mean it is in the mail yet it certainly means they are processing your order.

Anyway, just a quick info as I have picked up my first pair in the postal office a few hours ago. I just checked and I ordered this one on 25/09, it was waiting in the postal office after a delivery attempt on 15/10 so basically it took 20 days to arrive. This one was without tracking and I should receive another one with tracking soon as I have ordered a second one along with other stuff just a few days after ordering the first. For your information, even though this one came without tracking I had to sign for receipt. Which is a good thing as it means focalprice can check whether you have received anything or not when issues arise.

Oct 17, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #287 of 523
my thinking is that as long as I get them, I can wait. this is $20 shipped versus around $55-60 shipped and getting them faster. that's over half off. i'm willing to wait a month or two to save that much money because i don't need these. none of us actually need these. i'm only going to file a paypal claim if I don't get these by december.

this being said, I think tomjtx has a valid point. i don't like their business practices at all, but as long as I receive them, then it'll be fine with me for all the money I saved. the fake confirmations are a problem though.

Oct 18, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #289 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my thinking is that as long as I get them, I can wait. this is $20 shipped versus around $55-60 shipped and getting them faster. that's over half off. i'm willing to wait a month or two to save that much money because i don't need these. none of us actually need these. i'm only going to file a paypal claim if I don't get these by december.

this being said, I think tomjtx has a valid point. i don't like their business practices at all, but as long as I receive them, then it'll be fine with me for all the money I saved. the fake confirmations are a problem though.

Check to see how long you have before you relinquish your right to open a PP dispute.

Remember a dispute is simply to open a line of communication with the seller so you don't have to file a claim.

However, it seems FP has demonstrated it is willing to lie, saying something has shipped when it hasn't so it could be that FP's reassurances they have shipped or will ship is simply a delaying tactic to get you to wait beyond the deadline for a PP refund.

They certainly have lost my trust by their actions which is why I will escalate to a claim by the end of next week if the 30's haven't arrived.

It is indeed good news to hear that FP requires a sig. That way it is much easier to prove the item didn't arrive and force them to give a refund.

At this point it seems more and more that FP are somewhat shady.

SurfHenk, I still think you are irresponsible in encouraging people not to file a dispute if their phones are late.

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #290 of 523
A lot of energy for $20 headphones. Since I got mine, my guess is everyone will eventually get theirs. Funniest thing is, the day mine arrived, I had written an email asking about my expected arrival date. The mailman drops them off, with signature required, and then I get an email saying my pair was shipped the day before. Huh? I may end up with two pair.

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #291 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnXioZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a way to verify that they've actually shipped it?

if and when paypal believes there's a problem with focal buyers will no longer have pp as an option. i hardly think they're a scam... just some products are suspect. people waiting for them will get them back order or not.
tstarn06 is right, that's a lot of energy for a 20.00 headphone. i waited and mine came. i do have some pitchforks and torches though if things go really badly. I'm now wishing i bought more than one! everyone i given these to sample are amazed, usually i get "20.00 shipped? your kidding!"

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #293 of 523
haha i love this thread

nsx_23: you and I both use SR-60's with HD414 pads which give off MASSIVE treble. i think listeners like us won't be hearing so much treble. maybe a bit of treble EQing is in order?

edit: just got this from FocalPrice. I recieved my "shipping confirmation" on the 8th. so, it took nine days from the confirmation to have it actually shipped. i think a lot of us who ordered around the same time as me (I placed my order on the 4th) can expect our orders were shipped out yesterday.

Quote:

You order 10XU704X has been shipped out on 17th/Oct. I am sorry for the delay for CP074S was out of stock for a few days. And the tracking No will be given in your order as soon as we got it.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #294 of 523
A question for those of that ordered. Anyone have completely incorrect tracking info, but had their package delivered? Focalprice is now saying it really was shipped on Oct. 8th and I should "trust them and keep waiting" even though the tracking number says Destination:Spain and the package shipped on Oct. 12th.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #295 of 523
this is what is received from focalprice :
Dear customer,
Due to the 29/9-5/30 National holiday.There must be some delay in both our and HK post sides.Normally it takes 5-15 "business" days to arrives
We will contact the post to confirm it again within 2 days.
So could you pls grant a few more days,or contact us if it still not arrive until the end of this Oct?
Any questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Thanks & Regards
Mary
FocalPrice.com | The lowest Price for DS R4 lite,PSP Slim,Genuine Earphone,SONY EX71 EX082,PS2,Macbook Accessories etc.

order on 9/30 ,shipped on 10/3

Oct 18, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #299 of 523
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$19.82 < $20.

I bought 5 pairs. $99.10 and still no tracking no. E-mailed but no reply. Doesn't really bother me that much anyways.

Oct 18, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #300 of 523
I ordered mine on 10/12 and received a shipping confirmation email on 10/14. Fingers crossed that they are actually enroute to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back