Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Oct 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #1,802 of 9,173
  Leakage...............cranking pretty loud you can hear it faintly from about 4' away.  Not sure if this would be "cubicle acceptable" but I think so............I had it LOUD and could not hear it from 8' away around the corner.  At all. 

Good news. I`m often 8mm away from the next commuter on the train, but 99% of them have iems in anyway.  faint from 4 feet away sounds acceptable for restaurants and airport waiting areas, etc.  

Thanks Oregonian. 

d

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #1,803 of 9,173

Good news. I`m often 8mm away from the next commuter on the train, but 99% of them have iems in anyway.  faint from 4 feet away sounds acceptable for restaurants and airport waiting areas, etc.  

Thanks Oregonian. 

Yea I too think the leak is acceptable, as thankfully many "ear buds" have a lot of leakage in that the people listening to them are listening so loudly, so any one within 4 feet of you shouldn't notice to much as there's always noise in an around 

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #1,804 of 9,173
HI GUYS!

All they know me my english is not the best

About SONY'S Z7 and my Personal Impressions about that

The biggest PRO is the WEARING COMFORT,Light to wear,the Pressure not too much,and the BEST OF THIS HP are the EAR PADS!!!woahh they are so soft and beside my ALPHA DOG pads the best in my collection

About the sound

The Isolation is very very good,better than TH 900

Bass is very very Strong and much more than TH900

Mids absolutly AMAZING!very neutral i love it

And NOW(my opinion) the BIGGEST PROBLEM/DISSAPOINTMENT THE HIGHS/TREBLE are not really good,for me MUFFLED(in German DUMPF)

Is this a really competitor to TH 900?100% i must say NO!!(but TH 900 is a other Price LEAGUE)

In This Price category i prefer to listening at home HD 700,but for mobile the Z7 is ONE OF THE BEST HP because its very light to wear and the PADS are really AMAZING and Isolation is perfekt

All in all the sony Z7 is realy Nice and get from me a TWO!

REGARDS NOMAX

Nomax, I own a pair of Alpha Dog as well. Thinking about upgrading to the Alpha Prime, but now that I found the Sony Z7, I'm reconsidering. Can you compare the two please.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,805 of 9,173
So how do these sound? I'm in the market for some sealed cans as a compliment to HD600 / HD800. My favourite sound signature for general listening is the HD600. If these are even close then they would be ideal for late night listening.

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,806 of 9,173
Oh yay, some new Metal for my to enjoy <3 as I can't seriously listen to that song via youTube lol need dem flacs, but it sounds good either way 

Yes it was tough finding even that good of quality on youtube. I have it in flac in my collection. :)

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,807 of 9,173
Oregonian (or any other Z7 owner),

Could you please check to see if the ear pads are easily removable?

I really need to have it confirmed if they can be removed or not.

Thanks.

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #1,808 of 9,173
  Some mid bass IMPACT with the right tracks ? 

bass boom =//////////////////////////////////= impact

not by a long shot

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #1,810 of 9,173
HI GUYS!

All they know me my english is not the best

About SONY'S Z7 and my Personal Impressions about that

The biggest PRO is the WEARING COMFORT,Light to wear,the Pressure not too much,and the BEST OF THIS HP are the EAR PADS!!!woahh they are so soft and beside my ALPHA DOG pads the best in my collection

About the sound

The Isolation is very very good,better than TH 900

Bass is very very Strong and much more than TH900

Mids absolutly AMAZING!very neutral i love it

And NOW(my opinion) the BIGGEST PROBLEM/DISSAPOINTMENT THE HIGHS/TREBLE are not really good,for me MUFFLED(in German DUMPF)

Is this a really competitor to TH 900?100% i must say NO!!(but TH 900 is a other Price LEAGUE)

In This Price category i prefer to listening at home HD 700,but for mobile the Z7 is ONE OF THE BEST HP because its very light to wear and the PADS are really AMAZING and Isolation is perfekt

All in all the sony Z7 is realy Nice and get from me a TWO!

REGARDS NOMAX

Nomax, I own a pair of Alpha Dog as well. Thinking about upgrading to the Alpha Prime, but now that I found the Sony Z7, I'm reconsidering. Can you compare the two please.

The ALPHA DOG is more neutral then the Z7

Z7 is a funny headphone,the ALPHA DOG is the much more a audiophile HP as Z7

REGARDS NOMAX

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #1,811 of 9,173
The ALPHA DOG is more neutral then the Z7

Z7 is a funny headphone,the ALPHA DOG is the much more a audiophile HP as Z7

REGARDS NOMAX

Is this really true?
Are you speaking from experience?
And in what aspect do you think this? Overly bassy?

I'd love a comparison with the HD700 if anyone have those to compare. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back