Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5
Nov 6, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #2,552 of 5,810
Alright, let's stop feeding into a negative situation.

+1 We are all sony fans here, this is supposed to be a fun hobby 
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #2,553 of 5,810
Nov 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,554 of 5,810
Has anyone here used aftermarket cables (not the sony upgrade cable) for their Z5 or A3?

I know there are two grooves near the mmcx connectors so just curious as how aftermarket cables fit.

Thanks!

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,555 of 5,810
This was talked about in the past. Try to find it or maybe the member will respond. DEWEAVER might know about it.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #2,556 of 5,810
This was talked about in the past. Try to find it or maybe the member will respond. DEWEAVER might know about it.

Thanks for the response although I tried searching for the discussion but to no avail. If you could please advise or if @dweaver could chime in that would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #2,557 of 5,810
Thanks for the response although I tried searching for the discussion but to no avail. If you could please advise or if @dweaver could chime in that would be greatly appreciated.

The 3rd party cables lack the groove to lock the cables in place, so it can spin freely, and I dont think thats good for the joint imo. I even tried th H3 cable with my Z5, no luck. 

Did you A3 come with an extra cable? Best bet is to send that off to a cable make in case you have an extra cable and use the connectors and make a custom cable with it. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #2,558 of 5,810
You can buy the locking connector online if your willing to solder the cables yourself. I bought one and was going to have a friend replace the connectors on a cable I bought but just haven't had the time to do it yet.

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #2,559 of 5,810
Has anyone here used aftermarket cables (not the sony upgrade cable) for their Z5 or A3?

I know there are two grooves near the mmcx connectors so just curious as how aftermarket cables fit.

Thanks!

mmm maybe you can try FiiO recable for shure RC-SE1

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #2,560 of 5,810
Guys since I just spent way too much money on buying the X7, decided to sell the Z5 to pay for the cost :frowning2:  Sony literally JUST dropped off a BRAND NEW replacement pair 10 minutes ago, still sealed in the cardboard box.

I am gonna sell it to get back what I paid for it. If anyone is interested PM, figured give you guys a shot first. Asking for $480 CDN (got it at clearance price and the cost of shipping to sony for repairs) and receipt available with warranty till Feb 2016.

Nov 9, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #2,561 of 5,810
  Guys since I just spent way too much money on buying the X7, decided to sell the Z5 to pay for the cost :frowning2:  Sony literally JUST dropped off a BRAND NEW replacement pair 10 minutes ago, still sealed in the cardboard box.

I am gonna sell it to get back what I paid for it. If anyone is interested PM, figured give you guys a shot first. Asking for $490 CDN (got it at clearance price and the cost of shipping to sony for repairs) and receipt available with warranty till Feb 2016.

do you have fiio x7 impressions?
wink.gif
 i've come to a conclusion, soundstage is recrding/headphone depandant ather than DAP
1000 pesos more than what i bought my A3 for... screw** have no money right now

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #2,562 of 5,810

The 3rd party cables lack the groove to lock the cables in place, so it can spin freely, and I dont think thats good for the joint imo. I even tried th H3 cable with my Z5, no luck. 

Did you A3 come with an extra cable? Best bet is to send that off to a cable make in case you have an extra cable and use the connectors and make a custom cable with it. 

You can buy the locking connector online if your willing to solder the cables yourself. I bought one and was going to have a friend replace the connectors on a cable I bought but just haven't had the time to do it yet.

mmm maybe you can try FiiO recable for shure RC-SE1

Thanks for the responses guys! I wanted the Eidolic connectors but that doesn't seem to have the locking connectors and I don't want to risk wearing the connectors and having the IEM fail. I guess the Sony MUC upgrade cable is the only way to go.

I don't imagine the FiiO being an upgrade to my stock Sony cables.

Thanks again.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #2,563 of 5,810
My Sony upgrade cable finally arrived, I'll report how it sounds upon arriving home, the only i have is the stock cable no other, was tempted to get the fiio but seem fragile in pictures

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #2,564 of 5,810
My Sony upgrade cable also just arrived yesterday ... I'm really liking the comfort. I thought I would have problems without the memory wire but it turns out that it's way less bulky and even more comfortable. Sound wise ... it is different but I really haven't compared it enough to say much about it yet. Certainly of great quality build .. just looks and feel like how much it cost.

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,565 of 5,810
  My Sony upgrade cable also just arrived yesterday ... I'm really liking the comfort. I thought I would have problems without the memory wire but it turns out that it's way less bulky and even more comfortable. Sound wise ... it is different but I really haven't compared it enough to say much about it yet. Certainly of great quality build .. just looks and feel like how much it cost.

How much did you pay for it?

I Paid $80 + $8 shipping from seller JapaneseLady on amazon global (USA)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back