Sony WF-1000X discussion thread: Truly wireless IEM with Active Noise Cancelling!
Dec 4, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #286 of 502
I have had problems with my iPhone 7 update the wf-1000x (50% error). I think the main problem is the Applewatch bluetooth connection breakes the update. With the iPad no problem with the update.

I just put my Apple Watch into airplane mode. Hopefully this fixes it.

Edit: well I'm past the 50% threshold. I guess putting my Apple Watch to airplane mode did it.
Edit 2: past the transferring stage, now onto the updating stage.
Edit 3: We're done! Updated, disconnect smartwatches for update.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #287 of 502
Updated my WF-1000X on Android without any problem. I've tried them for a few hours since, and have had only one right-side drop-out and that was recovered almost before I noticed. I would have expected more before the update. So far they're performing as well as the B&O E8, and they sound better. Fingers crossed they maintain this connection quality. With this 2nd (replacement) pair, I've not had the persistent multiple drop-outs that made the originals unlistenable at times.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #288 of 502
I can confirm, after failing the update 6 times on my iPhone X, I followed the instructions above, made sure that there are "none", "zero", connected Bluetooth devices. The transfer have gone past 50% for the first time and is on it's way to completion. Previously had an Apple Watch, and/or Fitbit connected.

I can also attest that if you have any paired Bluetooth device that attempts to connect, it will also cause it to fail. Had an incoming call, used my headset and busted the update.

Sony's application has been coded pretty poorly on the iPhone Bluetooth stack.

EDIT: Successful, now 100%.

Dec 7, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #289 of 502
I can confirm, after failing the update 6 times on my iPhone X, I followed the instructions above, made sure that there are "none", "zero", connected Bluetooth devices. The transfer have gone past 50% for the first time and is on it's way to completion. Previously had an Apple Watch, and/or Fitbit connected.

I can also attest that if you have any paired Bluetooth device that attempts to connect, it will also cause it to fail. Had an incoming call, used my headset and busted the update.

Sony's application has been coded pretty poorly on the iPhone Bluetooth stack.

EDIT: Successful, now 100%.

Interesting. When I did the update on my Galaxy S8+, I did have my Gear Fit connected via Bluetooth to it at the same time. I did not experience any problems, it went straight through the first time. It was however horribly slow.

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #292 of 502
I have tested this for close to a week now running on latest firmware, absolutely loving it.

Too bad my Sony DAP doesn't support AAC Bluetooth though..so I am only on SBC.

Dec 17, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #295 of 502
Last 2 posts are indicating these are working well now. Have you tested these outdoors, in busy public areas where there is usually a lot of interference? I'm looking to buy something like these for use on public buses/trains commuting to/from work.
Thanks!

They are perfect for trains and buses.
Not perfect for walking outside, then you might get the described right ear drop every now and then.

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #296 of 502
Curious, for those having connection issues. Do you have a secondary device connected to your phone such as a Fitbit or some form of smartwatch?

I have found no BT solution so far that is impervious to connection issues and have sent back several products that really struggle. But I have noticed the issues got worse when introduced smart watches into my android ecosystem.

I tried a pair of the WF1000X in a local BestBuy Store using their phone and experienced the right ear disconnect during the demo. So I held off buying them as Canada Best Buy stores have a no return policy on open Headphone products.

Really enjoyed the sound when the WF1000X worked.

Wondering if I should just live with the neck ring of the Wi1000x and its bigger price tag though...

Dec 19, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #297 of 502
I'm using an iPhone X and I haven't found the disconnects to be very inconvenient. They usually resolve in less than a second. In terms of frequency, I barely notice it. I think it happened three times in 1.5hrs as I was listening on the plane.

Dec 19, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #299 of 502
Curious, for those having connection issues. Do you have a secondary device connected to your phone such as a Fitbit or some form of smartwatch?

I have found no BT solution so far that is impervious to connection issues and have sent back several products that really struggle. But I have noticed the issues got worse when introduced smart watches into my android ecosystem.

I tried a pair of the WF1000X in a local BestBuy Store using their phone and experienced the right ear disconnect during the demo. So I held off buying them as Canada Best Buy stores have a no return policy on open Headphone products.

Really enjoyed the sound when the WF1000X worked.

Wondering if I should just live with the neck ring of the Wi1000x and its bigger price tag though...

Interesting, I indeed use a smart device connected via BT at the same time. I will disconnect that next time when I have issues again to see if that solves the problem.

Dec 19, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #300 of 502

Users who are viewing this thread

Back