Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
May 21, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #7,743 of 8,231
would it be possible to add wireless charging to these devices? i think that would benefit us in the long run.
Maybe but I don’t see any value in doing so

May 21, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #7,744 of 8,231
would it be possible to add wireless charging to these devices? i think that would benefit us in the long run.
Not without significant hardware modification...

Q-6

May 22, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #7,745 of 8,231
It might be possible using an external device (Amazon sells a bunch for adding wireless charging to phones that don't have it) and a WM port to USB adapter. It's a kludge, but it just might work.

May 22, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #7,746 of 8,231
Using this on my NW-A45 now and I won't go back to the original firmware. I was about to get rid of this thing and find something that ran Rockbox but I think I'll hang on to it now.

Am I crazy or does using the high gain output really punch up the sound? It says "not applicable for this device" but damn it really does seem to make a noticeable difference.

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #7,747 of 8,231
Using this on my NW-A45 now and I won't go back to the original firmware. I was about to get rid of this thing and find something that ran Rockbox but I think I'll hang on to it now.

Am I crazy or does using the high gain output really punch up the sound? It says "not applicable for this device" but damn it really does seem to make a noticeable difference.
it doesn't work for me, on a55

Jun 3, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #7,749 of 8,231
Could someone please tell me which Walkman one tuning is closest to Dawn V2-Plus V1 mode with hold switch up?
You might want to try Walkman one with the bright tuning and use either plus 1 or 2. Dawn is a brighter sounding tuning.

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #7,750 of 8,231
Hello friends

I see that there is enough reference to that the implementation of these versions of Mr. Walkman cause a notable impact on the duration of the battery for each charge.

Anyone can comment on their experience and how long have they reduced this load?

Greetings

Jun 5, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #7,751 of 8,231
Hello friends

I see that there is enough reference to that the implementation of these versions of Mr. Walkman cause a notable impact on the duration of the battery for each charge.

Anyone can comment on their experience and how long have they reduced this load?

Greetings
Some settings reduce battery time while others can actually increase battery time

Jun 5, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #7,752 of 8,231
Hello friends

Greetings

Actually, with Plus V2 activated on Mr Walkman firmware, the battery life is increased. I get almost 32 hours now on the A55 using FLAC/WAV at moderate volumes (screen off).

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #7,754 of 8,231
Has the firmware for 'lag free' USB DAC been released? I would like to watch videos using my Walkman. Thanks you.
Not yet

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #7,755 of 8,231
Has the firmware for 'lag free' USB DAC been released? I would like to watch videos using my Walkman. Thanks you.
there are plenty of spots in the waiting room. im really hoping that the new fw doesnt become some abandoned project, im anticipating this more than when i ordered my 1a from japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back