Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Jan 2, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #7,426 of 8,281
but is it any stronger than the stock high gain?
For the same volume setting higher gain gives more volume than high gain, however I don’t know if it actually increases the maximum power/volume

Jan 2, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #7,428 of 8,281
i see, awesome, how's the npaudio mod vs stock if i may ask?
I believe that the npaudio mod builds on the stock tuning and just generally improves on most if not all aspects but I’m only going by memory as I’ve never heard a stock and a modded unit at the same time but always with a number of weeks in between

Jan 6, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #7,430 of 8,281
Hey guys im new to the audiophile world and first off id like to say thank you for your guidance through the years as it is through these forums that i discovered the passion for music. I have a short history with iems started out with the fh1 then the fh5, fa7, then fh5s and finally the fh9. The dac i use are the sony nwa55 and i recently purchased a refurbished sony wm1a. My favorite has been the fa7 but one side (left) kept dying so i tried the fh5s which was really good especially with the wm1a but i wanted to try the totl and took the plunge on a mint fh9 but sadly im not enjoying it. I dont know the technical jargon but im getting alot of sibilance on the high frequencies and despite the fact that i love bass i feel like the bass is muddling the mids making it hard to pick up the details and it feel like the sound is in your face with no separation. It makes me want to go back to the fh5s. Is it just me or is maybe my dap pairing poor? Is there a better alternative, ive been looking at the fh7s and fa7s and im not sure which one to try (limited funds) any help is appreciated. Also ive tried to eq severly but it never sounds right, ive tried different walkman one custom firmwares to no avail.
Unfortunately it might just be that the FH9 isn't to your liking. There can be a synergy factor with gear but generally the Walkmans should go well with most iems.
I've got no experience with Fiio iems (apart from the FD1), it might be best to ask around on the Fiio iem threads to find recommendations on which might cater for your ears as an upgrade, or stick with the one that worked for you (re-purchase).

Jan 6, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #7,431 of 8,281
does it drain the battery life ?
I honestly don’t know as I’m not using anything other than standard gain both in the Walkman settings and in the WalkmanOne settings. Actually as I’m virtually not travelling any more for work I’m hardly using my daps any longer

Jan 6, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #7,432 of 8,281
Jan 10, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #7,435 of 8,281
Family gathering, all running on WalkmanOne and the 2 bigger brothers both Nayparm hw modded

AD5782C8-569A-42B3-8D7C-2B80609A339F.jpeg

Jan 10, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #7,436 of 8,281
Jan 10, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #7,438 of 8,281
Any differences between them ? Since you're using exactly the same setting for them.
They clearly share the same sound signature but everything gets better as they get bigger, however as I have stated before, had I had the A55 with WalkmanOne 6 years ago I would probaly never have bought the 2 others (nor the IER-Z1R) as the A55 with my old JH13 would have been plenty good enough for my travelling needs. That said I have not for one second regrettet buying the other 2 nor the IER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back