Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 30, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #2,341 of 8,249
After installing mod is it necessary to run rockbox tool again to set region etc?

Nov 30, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #2,342 of 8,249
After installing mod is it necessary to run rockbox tool again to set region etc?

No the region remains being a different aspect of the players software.

Q-6

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #2,343 of 8,249

Depends on what fw you install on what device. Some of the installations change the region to U to avoid getting locked in to Japanese language

Nov 30, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #2,344 of 8,249
Depends on what fw you install on what device. Some of the installations change the region to U to avoid getting locked in to Japanese language

Only on the A40/A30 and A50R FE.

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #2,345 of 8,249
Exist an app Who create automatically lrc. files? Or can i just manually insert a Song and download the lrc?

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #2,346 of 8,249
Exist an app Who create automatically lrc. files? Or can i just manually insert a Song and download the lrc?

What are lrc files ?

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,347 of 8,249
What are lrc files ?
Lyrics file.
Wm1a can show lyrics if you insert inside the interest folder the lrc.files

Example,if in my music folder i have:
Let me be your leader.flac
(And)
Let me be your leader.lrc

I can see the lyrics song

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #2,348 of 8,249
Nov 30, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #2,349 of 8,249
So to any walkman user what are some quirks or lack of features that you wished were different. Personally I'm been using my walkman for almost two years, I'm really satisfied with the thing but somethings really bothered me like the lack of a proggramable queue,that strange format of cable why couldn't the use usb , how it doesn't support making playlists in the EU firmware for some reason although bookmarks are a thing. Sound warning was the worst thing that can happen to a good track and that cap in music volume for high resistance headphones was a killer , J version fixed all of that. Then there is some strange support issues with multi cover albums in flac format it doesn't seem capable to find the right one to pick even though you have listed a main album and it's so picky with the format and dimensions of the image ,I olso have tried to put cover to artists rather than picking the first album of said artist and displaying that on the artist menu but no luck there,I olso hate the lack of battery percentage I mean four bars what are those suppose to mean.The fact that there is a clock only in the options menu makes me wonder why they couldn't just put a clock to display in the music menu. The music center is really buggy but with some really nice features. I have many more things to say but the basic idea is that this product is really great but it doesn't fell polished as its stands.

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #2,350 of 8,249
So to any walkman user what are some quirks or lack of features that you wished were different. Personally I'm been using my walkman for almost two years, I'm really satisfied with the thing but somethings really bothered me like the lack of a proggramable queue,that strange format of cable why couldn't the use usb , how it doesn't support making playlists in the EU firmware for some reason although bookmarks are a thing. Sound warning was the worst thing that can happen to a good track and that cap in music volume for high resistance headphones was a killer , J version fixed all of that. Then there is some strange support issues with multi cover albums in flac format it doesn't seem capable to find the right one to pick even though you have listed a main album and it's so picky with the format and dimensions of the image ,I olso have tried to put cover to artists rather than picking the first album of said artist and displaying that on the artist menu but no luck there,I olso hate the lack of battery percentage I mean four bars what are those suppose to mean.The fact that there is a clock only in the options menu makes me wonder why they couldn't just put a clock to display in the music menu. The music center is really buggy but with some really nice features. I have many more things to say but the basic idea is that this product is really great but it doesn't fell polished as its stands.

A touch more power would be nice

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #2,351 of 8,249

For my use case the SonyOS walkman is near perfect and there are no features I miss. I have massaged my tags how I want them including a cover photo in the right format and size. I always browse via genre, artist, album and play an album end to end, so a very simple use

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #2,353 of 8,249

Tidal also seems to have the lyrics in the LRC format. It would be something to be able to get the lyrics from Tidal in an easier way.

1606776273409.png

Lyrics for "In the air tonight", in the LRC format:
Code:
[00:50.92] I can feel it coming in the air tonight, (Oh lord)
[01:01.88] And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, (Oh lord)
[01:11.47] Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, (Oh lord)
[01:23.83]
[01:30.74] Well, if you told me you were drowning
[01:36.86] I would not lend a hand
[01:41.25] I've seen your face before my friend
[01:46.04] But I don't know if you know who I am
[01:51.60] Well, I was there and I saw what you did
[01:56.86] I saw it with my own two eyes
[02:01.41] So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
[02:07.77] It's all been a pack of lies.
[02:12.53] And I can feel it coming in the air tonight, (Oh lord)
[02:21.69] Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, (Oh lord)
[02:31.62] I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
[02:42.84] Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life oh Lord, (Oh Lord)
[02:54.92]
[03:00.82] Well I remember, I remember don't worry
[03:08.91] How could I ever forget
[03:12.76] It's the first time, the last time we ever met
[03:21.56] But I know the reason why you keep this silence up
[03:29.05] No you don't fool me
[03:33.01] The hurt doesn't show, but the pain still grows
[03:38.07] It's no stranger to you and me
[03:44.32] I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh lord
[03:53.09] Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, (Oh lord)
[04:03.73] I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, (Oh lord)
[04:12.92] Well I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh lord
[04:23.58] I can feel it coming in the air tonight, Oh lord
[04:34.09] And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life, Oh lord
[04:44.01] I can feel it in the air tonight, oh lord, (Oh lord, Oh lord)
[04:55.31] Well I've been waiting for this
[04:57.42] Moment for all my life, oh lord, (Oh lord)
[05:05.72] I can feel it in the air tonight, Oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord, oh Lord
[05:14.10] Well I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord, Lord.
[05:23.40]

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #2,354 of 8,249
For my use case the SonyOS walkman is near perfect and there are no features I miss. I have massaged my tags how I want them including a cover photo in the right format and size. I always browse via genre, artist, album and play an album end to end, so a very simple use
I really like the os it's really nice I like the simplicity but I would love just a bit more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back