Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 9, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #1,396 of 8,232
Can i go back to reloader Mod? I feel like i need to crank up the volume way more than i use to, i usually listen at 70-80 volume, now i need to go upto 105. Not sure it's just me or everyone. @MrWalkman
If you don’t go above that volume normally it doesn’t matter, it isn’t like over revving a car to go up a hill or anything - no stresses to the player...

however, if you want to go back to an older iteration / stock, the instructions are in the original post, snipped for ease...

To revert to the stock firmware:
1. Install StockRevert_(DMP_A40) and close the installer afterwards
2. Install StockRevert_Ext_Tuning

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #1,397 of 8,232
Can i go back to reloader Mod? I feel like i need to crank up the volume way more than i use to, i usually listen at 70-80 volume, now i need to go upto 105. Not sure it's just me or everyone. @MrWalkman

Hey, there is no "Reloader" mod, and as I said, I don't recommend using that mod anymore...

There is a "high gain" setting in the Output Settings which you can try. Is it still not satisfactory to you with the High Gain setting on?

I think it's better to make use of this setting than having the firmware already being loud, and "High Gain" bringing little to no difference.

Also, do you value volume or sound quality? :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #1,398 of 8,232
I am already on Reloaded + and trying to revert back to the stock firmware using the new link you have given in your above post. But it gives me an error that first connect the USB to the walkman even it is connected.
Mr. Walkman,
I have plugged my A45 into the computer and followed your direction to use the StockRevert file. It keeps saying that I have to plug my device in when it is already plugged in.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Hey, try this instead. If it still doesn't work, did you try using any kind of model changer or whatever? It means that the model is not ZX300 anymore, as it should be if you have the Reloaded/Reloaded+ mod installed.

Edit: I fixed it, and updated the link on the site.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #1,400 of 8,232
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #1,403 of 8,232
Let me try your above link and get back. No, the model is still showing ZX300.

The model is always showing as ZX300 regardless of the actual model. I hope it will work.

It still gives me the same error.

I tested it myself several times, in the same conditions of course, having Reloaded installed, and I never had any issue.

If it's not working, you can use the old model switcher instructions to get back to the stock firmware, but make sure to follow all the steps (including the factory reset). The factory reset is also mentioned in the switcher itself.

1604910053884.png

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #1,404 of 8,232
I just updated the DMP-A40 mod, it now has the same volume as Reloaded/Reloaded+. Just please stop using the sketchy way of installation of the Reloaded/Reloaded+ mods.

I also "fixed" something related to the installation. The installation was not resulting in any kind of issues, but it was missing something related to the "Certificate" images.

Unfortunately yes, you need to go back to the stock firmware in order to install the latest version. Use StockRevert (DMP-A40), like mentioned in the instructions. Thanks!

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #1,405 of 8,232
I just updated the DMP-A40 mod, it now has the same volume as Reloaded/Reloaded+. Just please stop using the sketchy way of installation of the Reloaded/Reloaded+ mods.

I also "fixed" something related to the installation. The installation was not resulting in any kind of issues, but it was missing something related to the "Certificate" images.

Unfortunately yes, you need to go back to the stock firmware in order to install the latest version. Use StockRevert (DMP-A40), like mentioned in the instructions. Thanks!

Is it recommended to redo the installation if I already installed the previous one?

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #1,406 of 8,232
Nov 9, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #1,407 of 8,232
The model is always showing as ZX300 regardless of the actual model. I hope it will work.

I tested it myself several times, in the same conditions of course, having Reloaded installed, and I never had any issue.

If it's not working, you can use the old model switcher instructions to get back to the stock firmware, but make sure to follow all the steps (including the factory reset). The factory reset is also mentioned in the switcher itself.

1604910053884.png
The Old Model Switcher worked like a charm. Followed your instruction word by word and now I am on the latest ( Old Volume ) DMP-A40. Just an Observation here Mr.Walkman, The Model still shows NW-A40Series but I can see all the sound features mentioned by you above.

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,408 of 8,232
The Old Model Switcher worked like a charm. Followed your instruction word by word and now I am on the latest ( Old Volume ) DMP-A40. Just an Observation here Mr.Walkman, The Model still shows NW-A40Series but I can see all the sound features mentioned by you above.

Yep, the model is shown as A40 now, but no worries, all is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back