Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Nov 9, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #1,413 of 8,232
I'm so jealous of you guys, still waiting for the a30 series version since I don't have an a40 walkman. It's going to be epic, thanks in advance Mr. Walkman. :headphones:
Oh its on the way :wink:

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #1,414 of 8,232
I am already on Reloaded + and trying to revert back to the stock firmware using the new link you have given in your above post. But it gives me an error that first connect the USB to the walkman even it is connected.
Mr. Walkman,
I have plugged my A45 into the computer and followed your direction to use the StockRevert file. It keeps saying that I have to plug my device in when it is already plugged in.
Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

There was something missing somewhere. I updated the StockRevert for the Reloaded mods for A40, it can be found on the site.

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #1,416 of 8,232
Fantastic, going to try it at once :)

Nice, feel free to share your thoughts! :)

By the way, this is based on the upcoming MK3 for WM1/ZX300 :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #1,417 of 8,232
Nice, feel free to share your thoughts! :)

By the way, this is based on the upcoming MK3 for WM1/ZX300 :wink:
So the A30 won't get the Mk1 and mk2 sound?

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #1,418 of 8,232
So the A30 won't get the Mk1 and mk2 sound?

No, I don't really see the point, as MK3 is just the best of them - tight bass response, present mids, and even more harshless highs.

People who tested the MK3 can share some insight about that.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #1,419 of 8,232
No, I don't really see the point, as MK3 is just the best of them. People who tested the MK3 can share some insight about that.
Ah i see, i was looking forward to trying out all the versions and hearing how each one improves upon the last.

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #1,420 of 8,232
Ah i see, i was looking forward to trying out all the versions and hearing how each one improves upon the last.

Well, it would just be additional work and for what? The aim was always to get to the best sound of this mod.

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #1,421 of 8,232
Nov 9, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,423 of 8,232
For and by music lovers indeed

20201109_203211.jpg

Not long now :)

Nov 9, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #1,424 of 8,232
And at last,

DMP-A30

Yeah, I will reuse the post of the DMP-A40 mod, as the info is almost the same.

This custom firmware aims to bring the DMP-Z1 sound signature to the Sony NW-A30Series Walkman player,
while also bringing additional DSP options, features, and visualizations, similar to the previous Reloaded/Reloaded+ mods.

Features:
- sound signature aimed at resembling the one of the DMP-Z1
- DSEE AI (present on DMP-Z1)
- progressive JPEG and interlaced PNG album covers are supported
- Bluetooth Receiver function
- USB DAC function
- 10 band equalizer
- Tone Control (while in the EQ display, tap the bottom right button to switch to Tone Control)
- DC Phase Linearizer with 6 selectable modes
- Vinyl Processor with 4 selectable modes
- Visualizers: Spectrum Analyzer/Analog VU Meter/Digital Peak Meter (while in the playback screen, tap the bottom right button, and then tap "Change playback screen")
- Direct Source replacing ClearAudio+ (cannot play DSD and MQA files while this is enabled)

Missing features:
- FM Radio
- Noise cancelling
- Language study
- VPT Surround
- NFC (not working)

Please read all the information below!
• The installation doesn't require the model switcher anymore,
and you won't have to do a factory reset. The player will do the factory reset itself.

• You need to be on the stock firmware before you will be able to install this firmware.
If you currently have installed the Reloaded or Reloaded+ firmware, on the page linked
below you can also find a package that will restore your A30 to the stock firmware.

• If the region of the player is J, it will be changed to U, in order to avoid the "Japanese"
language that cannot be changed. At the end of the installation, the region of the player will be J
anyway, but you can change it to any other region, using the destination tool.

Installation:
1. Install DMP-A30 and close the installer afterwards
2. Install DMP-A30_Ext_Tuning

To revert to the stock firmware:
1. Install StockRevert_(DMP_A30) and close the installer afterwards
2. Install StockRevert_Ext_Tuning

Upon installing this firmware, all settings will be reset
and everything in the internal storage will be deleted!

The firmware can be found here.

I hope you'll like what you'll hear, and as always, feel free to leave your thoughts in this thread :)

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #1,425 of 8,232

How is It? Works fine? How's the sound?

20201109_203211.jpg

Works fine? Did you notice a difference in volume like the other users said about the a40 mod? Did you notice also the sound improvement? I'm going to get it now. I'm so happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back