Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Oct 25, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #1,006 of 8,232
Oct 25, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #1,007 of 8,232
do you think these tips could be good for my z5? I think the sound is perfect, I just want a slightly better detail rendering, keeping the low range and increasing the soundstage šŸ˜
Vs Sony stock tips there's a good chance it will but maybe at the cost of some low end heft.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #1,008 of 8,232
27FE1DE9-F906-442D-8B08-6E992F9FAA63.jpeg

Tips can do anything.
Oh it's more than rainbows, unicorns and pixie dust.

The impact really varies based on what tip you came from and what tip you're switching to. I for one hate complys as they darken and muddle the sound too much for my iems, but on brighter pairs it may prove to be a good combination.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,009 of 8,232
Vs Sony stock tips there's a good chance it will but maybe at the cost of some low end heft.
I too love the spiral dots tips. Works best with most of my iems. However for the Z5 I exclusively use the included Sony silicon tips. I hate the hybrid ones and as a rule of thumb I hate foam tips. Never liked them and never will. The Sony silicon tips are a perfect match with the Z5 for me. So much so I actually bought a few extra sets of those tips to keep as spare years ago. The large ones give me the best sound, isolation and fit.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #1,010 of 8,232
I too love the spiral dots tips. Works best with most of my iems. However for the Z5 I exclusively use the included Sony silicon tips. I hate the hybrid ones and as a rule of thumb I hate foam tips. Never liked them and never will. The Sony silicon tips are a perfect match with the Z5 for me. So much so I actually bought a few extra sets of those tips to keep as spare years ago. The large ones give me the best sound, isolation and fit.

Iā€™m not sure you have your names right....or..Iā€™m confused here?

Iā€™m probably the confused one.

The Triple Comforts are the foam. The Sony Hybrids are the black tips that came with the Z5. They have the color rings in the center to delineate size. What we call the Sony silicone tips are the newer clear ones? Your using the newest clear ones?

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,011 of 8,232
Iā€™m not sure you have your names right....or..Iā€™m confused here?

Iā€™m probably the confused one.

The Triple Comforts are the foam. The Sony Hybrids are the black tips that came with the Z5. They have the color rings in the center to delineate size. What we call the Sony silicone tips are the newer clear ones? Your using the newest clear ones?
Ahh. My bad. Iā€™m referring to the Sony hybrid one then. I hate the triple comforts and any other foam tips.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #1,012 of 8,232
do you think these tips could be good for my z5? I think the sound is perfect, I just want a slightly better detail rendering, keeping the low range and increasing the soundstage šŸ˜
Try AZLA sedna xelastecs

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #1,013 of 8,232
Be aware that the A55 comes nowhere near the Sony advertised playtime. They advertise 39 hours play time with flac but I get at most about 10 hours and 3 days stand by with source direct and bt and nfc disabled
That advertised time is with mp3 128kbps and every dsp off, using flacs and direct source with a55r I get around 11 hours, with dsee ai I havenā€™t measured but Iā€™m not surprised, look at the size, yet I prefer to carry the 45 and 55 around, they are way more reliable than my iPhone with a bunch of cables for the ack plus the lotoo s1 plus the headphone connector, just a massive bulk, I had the lightning to usb c cable but it broke down on me

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #1,014 of 8,232
Ahh. My bad. Iā€™m referring to the Sony hybrid one then. I hate the triple comforts and any other foam tips.

34313D93-461A-45B9-ABFA-C633CB0B1CA1.jpeg
B28E7AFD-CCF4-4A8B-8F10-FD568433FE5D.jpeg

It is super confusing and in a way your right as when the Hybrids get sold as replacements they get called silicone? Yet the reason the Hybrids are called that is supposedly they are made with two densities of material? Silicone? Lol

Though note now they do call the new tips of silicone hybrids. Also the top ones are now grey Triple Comforts. Itā€™s confusing and I may not be right?

I agree the Triple Comforts are the worst.

Note though they call the Hybrid replacements Hybrid Silicone? Haha
0BC69384-8D9E-4A65-81DA-EC1B0CBBEB60.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #1,015 of 8,232
34313D93-461A-45B9-ABFA-C633CB0B1CA1.jpegB28E7AFD-CCF4-4A8B-8F10-FD568433FE5D.jpeg

It is super confusing and in a way your right as when the Hybrids get sold as replacements they get called silicone? Yet the reason the Hybrids are called that is supposedly they are made with two densities of material? Silicone? Lol

Though note now they do call the new tips of silicone hybrids. Also the top ones are now grey Triple Comforts. Itā€™s confusing and I may not be right?

The colored black tips are my favorite. But Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a good idea to get them for the IER-Z1R

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #1,016 of 8,232
The colored black tips are my favorite. But Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s a good idea to get them for the IER-Z1R

Note we actually donā€™t know exactly what to call them but you will see a part number in the lowest picture. Iā€™ll get the part number. Some of the early Sony flagships came with expanded collections of them. They will make the IER-Z1R have more bass. I assume your using a tip chosen from the photo of the Sony IER-Z1R box I posted? You will get a bass increase if you want that. But you may as well try as you received a complete set (but not a flagship set) with the new N3 you just purchased.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #1,017 of 8,232
34313D93-461A-45B9-ABFA-C633CB0B1CA1.jpegB28E7AFD-CCF4-4A8B-8F10-FD568433FE5D.jpeg

Note though they call the Hybrid replacements Hybrid Silicone? Haha
0BC69384-8D9E-4A65-81DA-EC1B0CBBEB60.png
Confusing indeed. Silicon is silicone. I donā€™t know whatā€™s hybrid about it? Hybrid is a mixture of 2 materials supposedly? But it feels and looks just like silicon. But itā€™s comfortable and sounds great.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #1,018 of 8,232
Confusing indeed. Silicon is silicone. I donā€™t know whatā€™s hybrid about it? Hybrid is a mixture of 2 materials supposedly? But it feels and looks just like silicon. But itā€™s comfortable and sounds great.

Itā€™s been years but they used to show a cut-away that showed the center was harder? Also remember they were introduced with Hybrid IEMs so it may have been marketing?

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #1,019 of 8,232
So, Iā€™ve got a n3 borrowed, I love how it sounds with spin fits cp100 (holographic went sky high) and a different cable (dunu lyre) though wanted to inquire, Iā€™m currently in talks to get a z5 cause 16mm drivers just sound like something that should be used at least once. Iā€™ve been trying to get a comparison, Iā€™m not that kind of guy but damn... how you guys that got both compare em? So far the only 2 iems that sort of match the n3 sound are the shanling m500 platinum (which has an even better 3D feel with the wm1a, those are such an underrated pair) and fiio fh5 (though less bassy and doesnā€™t have that Sony smoothness) well... looking forward for your comments, Iā€™m still starting my Sony collection next year, was about to pull the trigger for a ex1000 in Amazon Japan but Iā€™m ā€œsavingā€ cash... though that z5 is a good opportunity and starting point, I already own ier m9 and I will keep it for good.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #1,020 of 8,232

Users who are viewing this thread

Back