Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Dec 2, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #7,366 of 8,226
Hummm, thanks for your help, but I was able to install neutral/warm and 1Z…

There is a bug in Bright software. It do not permit to recognize my 1A in mass storage, that’s the issue. It always ask me to connect the device. Mass storage is ON on 1A.
I tried several times.
If I change for 1Z or neutral/warm it installed directly.

First, I wanted to install bright, it was not possible, so I installed neutral/warm with no issues.
After tests, I tried again to install bright, same issue.
So I installed 1Z, it works directly.
Each time I got the same issue.

I always reboot and verify in settings.txt if everything is good.

@nc8000 : regarding the FW that I called called J123, I got it here : Post #6,731 of 7,365

Regards

Dec 2, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #7,367 of 8,226
Hummm, thanks for your help, but I was able to install neutral/warm and 1Z…

There is a bug in Bright software. It do not permit to recognize my 1A in mass storage, that’s the issue. It always ask me to connect the device. Mass storage is ON on 1A.
I tried several times.
If I change for 1Z or neutral/warm it installed directly.

First, I wanted to install bright, it was not possible, so I installed neutral/warm with no issues.
After tests, I tried again to install bright, same issue.
So I installed 1Z, it works directly.
Each time I got the same issue.

I always reboot and verify in settings.txt if everything is good.

@nc8000 : regarding the FW that I called called J123, I got it here : Post #6,731 of 7,365

Regards
That's the latest an unoficially released WalkmanOne that I've been running since it was released. The error message you get is normally when the signature setting does not match the signature installer you try to run. What does the player display in Unit information and what does it say happened in the boot log file ?

Dec 2, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #7,368 of 8,226
Bright external tuning cannot not be installed.
Software for installing bright tuning cannot see 1A plugged in mass data storage.
So no boot log file.
It’s just an issue with the installer.
Other software/installer can see it, and so, install the external tuning.

I tried the last FW of MrWalkman.
I’ll download and install regular Walkman One CFW tomorrow, and try again.

I just wanted to try my Liquid Links Venom with a bright sounding DAP 😅

Thx for your help.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #7,369 of 8,226
Bright external tuning cannot not be installed.
Software for installing bright tuning cannot see 1A plugged in mass data storage.
So no boot log file.
It’s just an issue with the installer.
Other software/installer can see it, and so, install the external tuning.

I tried the last FW of MrWalkman.
I’ll download and install regular Walkman One CFW tomorrow, and try again.

I just wanted to try my Liquid Links Venom with a bright sounding DAP 😅

Thx for your help.
There is a boot log written every time the player boots so look in that and see what the player belives is happening. Also look in the Unit info on the player to see what it says. Your error comes most likely because the player is not in a propper state to accept the tuning you try to install

Dec 2, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #7,370 of 8,226
Where is the legend/definition for each of these ratings? Is it like Best +, Good, Great, Etched? RV? I assume the warmer colors are “more bad” and the deeper green colors are “more good,” but it could also be more amplitude/emphasis on the “hotter” colors?
See attached :)

Q-6

Attachments

• Mindstorms.xlsx
    21.1 KB · Views: 0
Dec 2, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #7,371 of 8,226
Mass-market consumer here of limited means.

I wanted to shout out Walkman One (WM1Z) on my nearly-new NW-A55. The setup is amazing (I’d know: I’ve put up with lossy for a generation, and moved to 44.1/16 and the DAP very recently). It’s an analytical sound over the full(er) picture that I get off Dragonfly Red, but for the money the fidelity is first class (Wired Sennheiser Momentum 1).

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #7,372 of 8,226
Apologies in advance if this was answered/documented before.

I am all prepped up to upgrade my ZX 300 from its current ProjectZ FW to Walkman One. I get the sound signatures settings and the applicable external tunings, but what do Boot modes do? How do they work? How does boot mode further alter the sound signature + the external tuning settings? I want to go with WM1Z option.
Regards

Dec 4, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #7,373 of 8,226
Apologies in advance if this was answered/documented before.

I am all prepped up to upgrade my ZX 300 from its current ProjectZ FW to Walkman One. I get the sound signatures settings and the applicable external tunings, but what do Boot modes do? How do they work? How does boot mode further alter the sound signature + the external tuning settings? I want to go with WM1Z option.
Regards
It’s quite simple. Is the state/condition that your unit will work in, when booted up! Ex. V1 if chosen, will be the one that your unit will work in, when booted up!

Dec 6, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #7,374 of 8,226
Hi, I am new to Sony DAP, I would like some opinion. The sound that I am looking for is analog sound, and I would like to use Walkman One firmware to achieve this.
- How close is ZX300 / WM1A to WM1Z when using Walkman One firmware ?
- Which region should I choose to achieve that ?
- How close is the vinyl processor in WM1Z mode to a real vinyl player ? what is the impact on battery life when using that mode ?

Dec 7, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #7,375 of 8,226
I was trying to stock revert from Midnight V2 so that I could install WM One. However after applying the stock revert which went successfully, when I go to apply the stock turning revert I get this:
1670402253171.png

Any help is appreciated. Mass storage is on.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #7,376 of 8,226
I was trying to stock revert from Midnight V2 so that I could install WM One. However after applying the stock revert which went successfully, when I go to apply the stock turning revert I get this:
1670402253171.png

Any help is appreciated. Mass storage is on.
Usually this is because you are not using the reverter that goes with the fw that is installed

Dec 7, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #7,377 of 8,226
Same issue than me, with bright tuning.

Dec 7, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #7,378 of 8,226
See attached :)

Q-6
Thankyou very much for information, I think I will change my region back to MX3, nearly 1 year in region J but not everyday listening with my wm1z

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #7,379 of 8,226
Usually this is because you are not using the reverter that goes with the fw that is installed
Thanks for that. Found the right one and successfully installed WM One and the 1Z tuning. Appreciate the help.

Dec 7, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #7,380 of 8,226
Is it normal for the tunings to uninstall themselves?
Was using my A55 today and noticed the time was way out of wack - presumably because I let the battery go completely dead a while back. I also noticed in the unit info menu that my external tuning wasn't applied (also confirmed in the boot log).
I reinstalled it no problem, just wondering if this is supposed to happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back