Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Dec 9, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #6,452 of 8,232
VMWare has also trial version
But the the released version doesn't support the M1 processors or Windows VM. There is a technology preview that does but it's only available for paid users.

Dec 10, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #6,453 of 8,232
But the the released version doesn't support the M1 processors or Windows VM. There is a technology preview that does but it's only available for paid users.

Your best hope is to ask the neighbours gaming kid, he'll have windows :) When I had to resuscitate my A30, that was the only option to me. (Boy, these gamer kids have some serious hardware!)

Dec 10, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #6,454 of 8,232
I have a Sony ZX300 with DMP-300 FE firmware ans i will go to Walkman one.So i run stockrevert FE and stockrevert Tuning.Must i also after that install the official firmware of Sony or can i direct to Walkman one?

Dec 10, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #6,455 of 8,232
I have a Sony ZX300 with DMP-300 FE firmware ans i will go to Walkman one.So i run stockrevert FE and stockrevert Tuning.Must i also after that install the official firmware of Sony or can i direct to Walkman one?

You can go directly.

I'm curious what you think!

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #6,456 of 8,232
Installation succes.But a have few questions.I keep the default settings after installation.These are Sound signature WM1Z - MX 3 region and plus mode V2?Is this correct?
Question 2: in settings stay that i have plus mode V2,but in unit information on my ZX 300 stay normal mode.Must i change my hold button also in up position?

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #6,457 of 8,232
Installation succes.But a have few questions.I keep the default settings after installation.These are Sound signature WM1Z - MX 3 region and plus mode V2?Is this correct?
Question 2: in settings stay that i have plus mode V2,but in unit information on my ZX 300 stay normal mode.Must i change my hold button also in up position?

Unless you set PMD to 1 (Plus mode by default), then you have to use the Hold button in the Up position at boot.

After installing the firmware, or after changing the sound signature in the settings file, you need to apply the corresponding external tuning. In your case, you need to apply the WM1Z tuning.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #6,458 of 8,232
The Walkman One custom firmware is based on the DMP-A40.There you for the first time bild a virtual amp in the Sony dap,s.After installing i must strong reduce my volume of my headphones.The sound is good,but not for every headphone.For my Sony MDR1AM2 that boosted already the bass is it a little bit to much bass.
My Senheisser hd 599 is perfect for this firmware.
Mr Walkman can you say if the neutral or bright or warm settings have less bass?
Also a good point is that the battery time is increased.

Dec 12, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #6,459 of 8,232
The Walkman One custom firmware is based on the DMP-A40.There you for the first time bild a virtual amp in the Sony dap,s.After installing i must strong reduce my volume of my headphones.The sound is good,but not for every headphone.For my Sony MDR1AM2 that boosted already the bass is it a little bit to much bass.
Mr Walkman can you say if the neutral or bright or warm settings have less bass?

Walkman One is based on the WM1A/Z firmware.

With Neutral and Bright the bass is less boomy, but it still has impact.

I also found that the MX3 region also contributes to that extra bass. I recommend something like the CEV region, for example.

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #6,460 of 8,232
I have the exact same 2 headphones you mentioned and love them to bits. The 1Am2 is a resolution monster. At least to me. It’s just so clear and yet warm, you know and it has a great synergy with the 1a especially through the 4.4mm port. I’m using a silver plated copper 4.4mm balanced custom cable that tightens the bass a little bit compared to the stock 1am2 balanced cable.
The hd599 is also my favorite among all Sennheiser headphones I’ve tested including the hd650. I find it the most pleasing and musical of the Sennheiser lot and works great with my 1A through my FiiO k5 pro amp. I’m on wm1z tuning, MX3 region, alternate dac 0.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #6,461 of 8,232
To my knowledge there is no DMP-A40 walkman, only a NW-A40 and a DMP-Z1

Dec 13, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #6,464 of 8,232
i have a Japanese zx300 coming to me soon is there anyway i can use your software to convert to english let me know pls thanks

You can enable the language menu on the stock firmware by changing the region to one that is not "J", by using the destination tool.

Otherwise, just installing the Walkman One firmware will get your current language to English anyways.

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #6,465 of 8,232
You can enable the language menu on the stock firmware by changing the region to one that is not "J", by using the destination tool.

Otherwise, just installing the Walkman One firmware will get your current language to English anyways.
thanks for the quick reply Mr walkman i like a warm detailed sound signature will the walkman one firmware give me that ..the wm1z sound i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back