Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
May 29, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #4,756 of 8,232
66EBD844-6CE1-4937-922C-49C9A20A2D95.jpeg

May 30, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #4,758 of 8,232
May 30, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #4,759 of 8,232
If tou have FEv2 tou can boot to plus by restarting or turning it off and on in two ways.
A. Hold on HOLD position is plus mode
B. Hold down or unlocked it is classic
image.jpg
Is that mod by MrWalkman change the name model too, that one was NW-WM1A I just know that recently when I mod my NW-WM1Z I just see the firmware mod names, I think the custom firmware make dap sony like NW-WM1 will make no difference by the model we can change to another right? can someone explain what is differences NW-WM1A/NW-WM1Z model changer its make more like or exactly like the other model? when someone asking about which one is better 1a/1z its doesn't matter anymore?.. mmm so confused

May 30, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #4,760 of 8,232
Is that mod by MrWalkman change the name model too, that one was NW-WM1A I just know that recently when I mod my NW-WM1Z I just see the firmware mod names, I think the custom firmware make dap sony like NW-WM1 will make no difference by the model we can change to another right? can someone explain what is differences NW-WM1A/NW-WM1Z model changer its make more like or exactly like the other model? when someone asking about which one is better 1a/1z its doesn't matter anymore?.. mmm so confused
You should not use model changer with these fw, just follow the installation instructions. It says DMP-Z1 because that is what the tuning is based on

May 31, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #4,761 of 8,232
Hiby stipped making their own os in favor of android. Fiio. Ibasso sis it too, the threw the towel.

do tou think sony’s next? If sony may stop developing the walkman IS?

May 31, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #4,762 of 8,232
Hiby stipped making their own os in favor of android. Fiio. Ibasso sis it too, the threw the towel.

I imagine that to compete, and to offer the most features to cater for current trends android will probably be the best way that they can offer that.

May 31, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #4,763 of 8,232
I imagine that to compete, and to offer the most features to cater for current trends android will probably be the best way that they can offer that.
I think so too as most now have gone androud route with all the bells and whistles (and problems too).

we don’t really know what sony is brewing under the hood. The corona pandemic and the firmwares from @MrWalkman (in sonys POV some one breached their sw) and if sony sees this with bad eeyes either they could go android as it is umbreakable and b) maybe a walkman os that is hissen in a ROM or so.

for me , if they go android, there is no other way. All DAPs now are andeoid like it or not. Would be sad to see the walkman os being discontinued

May 31, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #4,764 of 8,232
I think so too as most now have gone androud route with all the bells and whistles (and problems too).

we don’t really know what sony is brewing under the hood. The corona pandemic and the firmwares from @MrWalkman (in sonys POV some one breached their sw) and if sony sees this with bad eeyes either they could go android as it is umbreakable and b) maybe a walkman os that is hissen in a ROM or so.

for me , if they go android, there is no other way. All DAPs now are andeoid like it or not. Would be sad to see the walkman os being discontinued
I don't understand hardware and know if it is possible to have a dual boot system but it would be good for us 'old school' users to have the choice.
I don't have much experience with android music playback and I wouldn't want to lose battery life or have the audio quality affected, but as much as I like the straightforward Walkman OS there are some android music app features that I would welcome.

May 31, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #4,765 of 8,232

Think is pretty much guaranteed at this point in time. Sony already has Android on the ZX500 and features sell to the masses. I'd far prefer Sony continued development of it's own OS, however given the lack of updates for WM1A/Z Android is likely their preferred route...

Q-6

May 31, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #4,766 of 8,232
It seems that last public post of @MrWalkman was more than a month ago. Is he still around? Hope he is OK.

May 31, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #4,767 of 8,232
May 31, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #4,768 of 8,232

Android can be hacked just as well as the SonyOS, actually even more easily - for better or worse.

I seriously hope that Sony had the will to keep its own OS (the resources they definitely have)

May 31, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #4,770 of 8,232
Man, it goes back to the old foundational question. If Android, I'd just get a phone. Why DAP. The OS has to be custom for DAPs to be extra special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back