Sony Walkman custom firmware (non-Android)
Feb 22, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #3,946 of 8,249
Well, because of this thread I just placed an order for a brand new WM1A :L3000:
hahahaha, I' ve come <this close> to likewise purchasing over the last month several times. Gotta say, props to Mr Walkman because I normally wouldn't consider such an old, relatively under-powered device, with a proprietary connector no less (I hate that). His firmwares are the only thing making me even pay attention to this device

Feb 22, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #3,947 of 8,249
Yes this thread and some others drove me to buying my 1A too, just over 2 weeks now and delighted with the decision - especially now with this wonderful firmware loaded up. Between that and my ZX507, my DAP needs are absolutely met - ZX300 not getting much of a look-in now but I'm sure it will again.

Feb 22, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #3,949 of 8,249
Probably everyone hears a little differently this is my favorite Ex1000 without filters + tips spiral dot L + Wm1z - SE (3.5mm jack) + Dmp-Wm1 FE (Plus) + U region + Dsee Al On + Bass + 2, Middle 0, Treble -1

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,950 of 8,249
Yes this thread and some others drove me to buying my 1A too, just over 2 weeks now and delighted with the decision - especially now with this wonderful firmware loaded up. Between that and my ZX507, my DAP needs are absolutely met - ZX300 not getting much of a look-in now but I'm sure it will again.
Would you mind to share some brief impressions about the three DAPS now that the older ones have been retuned by Mr.Walkman's divine intervention?

zx507 is supposed to be slightly better than the zx300, has the new firmware closed that gap? And zx300 vs wm1a? My zx300 is getting old (by that i mean it's giving some failures and drying too fast the battery), and i'm having doubts between modding it or going for a new one (which could be wm1a if i could find a good second hand offer), so any input comparing them with their new faces reconstructed by Dr. Walkman's (we should forget the "Mr" and treat him with the authority he deserves) magical surgery would be great for my decision.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 22, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #3,951 of 8,249
Would you mind to share some brief impressions about the three DAPS now that the older ones have been retuned by Mr.Walkman's divine intervention?

zx507 is supposed to be slightly better than the zx300, has the new firmware closed that gap? And zx300 vs wm1a? My zx300 is getting old (by that i mean it's giving some failures and drying too fast the battery), and i'm having doubts between modding it or going for a new one (which could be wm1a if i could find a good second hand offer), so any input comparing them with their new faces reconstructed by Dr. Walkman's (we should forget the "Mr" and treat him with the authority he deserves) magical surgery would be great for my decision.

Thanks in advance!

Yes I'd be happy to but likely next weekend before I can spend time with each and compare - especially the ZX300.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #3,952 of 8,249
Lol the A35 sounds so good with Mr Walkman’s firmware I just purchased a WM1A to try with it. It should arrive Thursday. :)

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #3,953 of 8,249
@MrWalkman mad respect for you, was hesitant to try custom firmware but decided to give it a shot on my stock WM1A & IER M9. First tried FEv2, and honestly it was surprising but I didn’t feel like there was any emotional upgrade. When you dropped the latest firmware, I was curious, gotta say dawn was kinda lacking for me (FEv2 was slightly better with my setup). But midnight was a game freaking changer, my music just suddenly came out amazingly beautiful, and now I’m just emotionally connected with every detail from the bass, strings and all the way down to vocals. Can’t say thank you enough for your amazing work on these firmwares, your awesome man.
It's the level of high definition and top resolution with a bit of aggressiveness and sharpness that I cannot live without and only the FEv2 has :ksc75smile: IER-M9+ FEv2 cheers!

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #3,955 of 8,249
I currently have an A55 being delivered to me in 2 days time. I would like to ask in the meantime if I am able to install the firmware through my macbook or must I install using windows? Thanks!

Feb 23, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #3,956 of 8,249
I currently have an A55 being delivered to me in 2 days time. I would like to ask in the meantime if I am able to install the firmware through my macbook or must I install using windows? Thanks!
You need to install it via Windows.

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #3,958 of 8,249

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back