Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Nov 21, 2013 at 4:19 AM Post #1,141 of 7,711
In summary, I fully expect that the NW-ZX1 will find its way into the global marketplace through official Sony channels (albeit more slowly than through unofficial channels).

While you raise valid points, those points are raised with a bias - that being that you would buy one, as would I.

But with the masses still happy to listen to ****ty MP3s, we are still a niche market. Some companies happily live off the niche market. Sony once had a thriving product range for the niche markets too but somewhere along the line, they felt it was costing them more to stock them, comply with other countries' rules and regulations, etc. The result being a more restricted business model with less risk.

I, for one, hope I'm wrong about the whole thing but I've succumbed to having to import in order to get what my heart (and senses) desire.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #1,142 of 7,711
Nov 21, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #1,143 of 7,711
Thanks a lot Turok, I'm a Noozy fan ! Will try it this evening on my F807.

Edit : I hope is also compatible with the S-Master MX 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,145 of 7,711
  Anakchan: 

I think with respect to at least where this dept lies in the organisation, Sony is a more an "intentional" company than a "global" company (despite their "global market" reference).

Well, Sony have only got them selves to blame for restricting themselves through their own phobia of looking at balance sheets relating to direct losses to Apple in relation to be not "Global anymore" regardless of the economic struggles of last five years (and more no real captian at the helm) Sony have just stalled on an idea/ answer to compete but even though it is a tall order to try and finally break through with High Res Audio to the masses maybe this respective department could once again be classed as Global like the good old days of when Walkmans walked the Earth when they had magnetic plastic tape cpursing through their viens! 

Good to see they are backing it up across the board with High res with new Hi-fi seperates which has never been the same since the ES series throat was cut. 

Hopefully this can be the Walkman of yesteryear incarnated in a new generation with the ZX1...

(one can dream right?) 

I wasn't looking at explaining Sony's P&L but more fundamentally on why the distribution & availability of the ZX1 isn't as simple as Sony Japan "deciding" to release globally. There's more at play in the decision making & approval process of which is not solely decided by a single body.

Nov 21, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #1,147 of 7,711
  Thanks a lot Turok, I'm a Noozy fan ! Will try it this evening on my F807.

Edit : I hope is also compatible with the S-Master MX 
rolleyes.gif

Nope, No love with my Z-1070.

Waiting for the ZX1.

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #1,148 of 7,711

I wasn't looking at explaining Sony's P&L but more fundamentally on why the distribution & availability of the ZX1 isn't as simple as Sony Japan "deciding" to release globally. There's more at play in the decision making & approval process of which is not solely decided by a single body.

That's okay Anak, I wasn't looking for you too, I was just elaborating on from your comment to a degree as of course there are many reasons for Sony do what they do....  Realize the intricate nature and implications of them been a shareholding company and the departmentalization process it can also go through.  I had the pleasure of working for one of the big Japanese technology companies for three years and know they operate business which is  different to western companies. 

Which ever way it cuts from the many multiple angles on their method of business from Purk's oriignal comment I'm sure we all dream of receiving new models on release in tandem on a global scale (a bit more like Apple customers experience) unless your lucky enough to be in Japan to start with of course : )

Nov 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #1,149 of 7,711
Hey guys, do u know if the supplied case is the black one from the pictures or is it an extra?

I'm hoping from the design team photos it might be bundled in as it looks like just a slip case design and like to think they will still offer a case with a folding book design case that open up which may be a seperate case to buy?  
I like to think they have included just a basic slip case just for protection with reflection of the price of this unit and a nicer case is available separate to buy.  

I just hope they do include a case just so it has some form of protection from day one.  I have compact camera pouches on stand by if not from experience until I can obtain a ZX1 case.  

Nov 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #1,150 of 7,711

Hey guys, do u know if the supplied case is the black one from the pictures or is it an extra?

I'm hoping from the design team photos it might be bundled in as it looks like just a slip case design and like to think they will still offer a case with a folding book design case that open up which may be a seperate case to buy?  
I like to think they have included just a basic slip case just for protection with reflection of the price of this unit and a nicer case is available separate to buy.  

I just hope they do include a case just so it has some form of protection from day one.  I have compact camera pouches on stand by if not from experience until I can obtain a ZX1 case.  

From their official site, the box includes:

carrying pouch, spacer (?), USB cable, WM-Port cap, user manual

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-ZX1/spec.html

and they only offer official screen protectors to purchase, but i'm sure you'll find after market cases once it's out..

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-ZX1/compatible.html

Nov 22, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #1,152 of 7,711

From their official site, the box includes:

carrying pouch, spacer (?), USB cable, WM-Port cap, user manual

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-ZX1/spec.html

and they only offer official screen protectors to purchase, but i'm sure you'll find after market cases once it's out..

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/NW-ZX1/compatible.html

Thanks, any pictures of this pouch?

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #1,153 of 7,711
  Thanks, any pictures of this pouch?

I was also wondering about the pouch, since I've ordered the ZX1. The only picture of a pouch I could find is on this page: http://pur.store.sony.jp/Qnavi/Product/NW-ZX1/. But no idea if this will be the included one.

Edit: I would prefer a 'closed' pouch anyway, with this one I would still be affraid that I put it in my pocket next to my keys while I am in a hurry and not paying attention. But seems a nice pouch for at home or on location.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #1,154 of 7,711
Nov 22, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #1,155 of 7,711
  Anakchan:

I think with respect to at least where this dept lies in the organisation, Sony is a more an "intentional" company than a "global" company (despite their "global market" reference).

Good to see they are backing it up across the board with High res with new Hi-fi seperates which has never been the same since the ES series throat was cut. 

These new Hi Res seperates were supposed to be launched by the end of October, apparently ? We are fast approaching December, and still no sign of availability ?
This seems to becoming the norm with other companies too !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back