Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Oct 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #886 of 7,711
Oct 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #887 of 7,711
I'd wanted the fiio x3, but I passed on it due to id3 tag issues & other stuff. I'll eventually get another Sony instead,...and this one is in my sights. I wonder, will the fiio x5 have overcome all the issues the x3 possesses?

Oct 30, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #888 of 7,711
Might of missed it somewhere, but I take it the ZX1 is not shipping with earphones? (due to the arena this player is aiming for)

Does anyone also know if the Sony cradle dock that will be available for it have a line out built in it like the previous Walkman docks like the BCR-NWU5? I know it might be a bit premature for this question but thought maybe the Japanese citizens that have demoed them in store might of had some insight on this through some chatter....

**For anyone who cannot stretch to a ZX1 just yet.... I have a Z1070 64gb Japanese version in red available if any one is interested.  

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #890 of 7,711
I'd wanted the fiio x3, but I passed on it due to id3 tag issues & other stuff. I'll eventually get another Sony instead,...and this one is in my sights. I wonder, will the fiio x5 have overcome all the issues the x3 possesses?

I am also looking at the X5, they are really putting a massive effort into the new unit to make it perfect. Venture over to the X5 thread for lots of info. Their unit is better value and plays more formats and has two micro/sd slots. The only thing I don't like is the screen is too small for my liking. James from fiio is promising heaven with this new player.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #892 of 7,711
Oct 31, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #894 of 7,711
  I am also looking at the X5, they are really putting a massive effort into the new unit to make it perfect. Venture over to the X5 thread for lots of info. Their unit is better value and plays more formats and has two micro/sd slots. The only thing I don't like is the screen is too small for my liking. James from fiio is promising heaven with this new player.

Not being funny but the title of the thread says ZX1 and not X5. I visit this thread because I'm interested in the Sony if I wanted a FiiO I would post in that thread, any chance you could desist from the spamming?

Rant over - has any ZX1 Cases been mentioned by Sony yet (apart from that ltd-edition one)

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #895 of 7,711

Not being funny but the title of the thread says ZX1 and not X5. I visit this thread because I'm interested in the Sony if I wanted a FiiO I would post in that thread, any chance you could desist from the spamming?

Rant over - has any ZX1 Cases been mentioned by Sony yet (apart from that ltd-edition one)

No I don't find you funny at all. So what you're saying is that no one has ever compared features or sound quality with another product from the intended in discussion?

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #896 of 7,711
Speaking of which, I am gonna drop the idea of gambling on zx1.... Although the idea of having an all-in-one DAP would be appealing and likely to save the battery life of my phone on a daily basis...But the possibility of modding and amping the future x5 wud be even more fun :)
Just a personal priority thats all....

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #897 of 7,711
Speaking of which, I am gonna drop the idea of gambling on zx1.... Although the idea of having an all-in-one DAP would be appealing and likely to save the battery life of my phone on a daily basis...But the possibility of modding and amping the future x5 wud be even more fun :)

For me it's the price factor, the more I think about it the more I feel uncomfortable. I'm convinced Sony will produce a killer product although $760 dollars is alot of money for that finite 128GB of memory.
At least with the X5 you can upgrade as the micro/SD cards come along, provided they don't change the micro/SD specs.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #898 of 7,711

The idea of Sony ZX1 amped by PHA-2 is pretty fun to me! The X5 will also be a fantastic sound, but the 2.4" screen , rockchip processor and mechanical control wheel make crappy to use, compared to the Sonys 4" higher res touch and snappy dual core processor. Although I don't consider the ZX1 good value, at the price Sony is asking they should have upped the specs, like why is the screen only 480p when sony's smart phones in the $300 range have 720p screens, and in the $500+ range have 1080p screens with quad core processor (I'm not asking for quad core on ZX1, that is overkill, but a 720p screen would have no drawbacks, and would just be nicer to use).

Also I find it quite hilarious that sony doesn't include earbuds with the ZX1 "because its high res/audiophile" Then why does the ZX1 have an inbuilt piece of crap mono loudspeaker on its back? whats audiophile about that! I have an Sony xperia phone and the mono loudspeaker is soo rubbish, my sisters iphones speakers sound ten times better, at least they are stereo 2 channel.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #899 of 7,711

This is a forum.

noun (plural forums)

1. a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:

Head-fi is a forum for portable audio enthusiasts, to discuss and exchange ideas about various portable audio products available, obsolete, or forthcoming. No product exists in isolation. Each product exists in relation to other competing products.

The comparison of Fiio's X5 and Sony's NW-ZX1, within the context of this thread is therefore (IMO) entirely legitimate and does not constitute 'spam'.

Oct 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #900 of 7,711
However a good value a Fiio product is, you can't compare it to a premium product from Sony.I'm stressing the word value here.it means something in some way cheaply made. I dont like products like that.it is like driving a car that will more than get you there, but you just wont feel any sense of luxury and satisfaction which is the reason i buy these things in the first place.
Its not like i couldn't use my phone and tablet to play music.
Fiio could be a nice additional toy, but i need something that feels better in any respect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back