Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Oct 1, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #376 of 7,711
  If you look at some of the links posted earlier for SOny's site in Japan, that pic is there. Cutting and pasting every pic seems silly ... but that's just me.

$760 isn't insane. I called $750ish early on. The AK120 at $1000+ is stupid. This is in line with expectations IMO

How is the AK120 stupid?

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #377 of 7,711
I think he meant that just the hardware parts and finishing worth the calling price already...

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #378 of 7,711

is this going to be a limited edition does anyone know? what i mean is,will there be a standard release ZX1 and then a seperate anniversary edition,or are they one in the same?

also i wonder how much available space there will be of the 128gb.i have the F807 and of the 64gb it has,approximately 55.8 are available,with the OS/Android using the remaining 8.2 ,so my guess would be double that (roughly 112gb available of 128 on the ZX1) seeing as how the F805 has 14.2gb available (of 16) and the F806 has about 28gb available out of 32,so it doubles in that series and since the ZX1 also implements Android it seems that it would follow suit.hopefully I'm mistaken and there is more usable space on it.

Oct 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #379 of 7,711
I think they will release a cheaper zx1 series in future with the same internal but plastic body when the ssd becomes a lot cheaper. It seems like sony is pushing the high rez market hard and I highly the will not release dap with higher memory simply because they are well aware on how much space each high rez album require. 

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #380 of 7,711
Has it been confirmed that this premium model is a Japan-only release? Thanks...Warranty will be a bit tricky if so...

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #381 of 7,711
So much talking about this Sony DAP...
People don't have anymore wife's,girlfriends, life to live?
Forget about it in 2014 another better will come and you will never be satisfied.
Life is good.... If so many would do sports as often as they listen to music life will be much better...

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #382 of 7,711
Forget about it in 2014 another better will come and you will never be satisfied.
Life is good.... If so many would do sports as often as they listen to music life will be much better...

Because it is cooler than the Tera Player.

Oct 1, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #384 of 7,711
Going on a thread you are not interested in to tell people their they are losing their time...is that having a life?

Oct 1, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #386 of 7,711

Sports, really?  How original.  Of course the world would be better if we were all running after a ball, puck, or even a throat..  Sigh

Cap de pula
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #387 of 7,711

Well...the whole space issues won't be too big of a deal as long as the ZX-1 has a fast transfer speed.  128GB (120 GB in reality) is very manageable in my book.

Problem is, I already have 160GB iPod Classic, so in a way I'm downgrading. Hence the rant.

As for sound, I'm satisfied by both apple & sony. I even like the sound of clip. I'd probably like the other players like Tera Player, AK  etc, but I'm not interested in paying so much, when I like the sound of what I hear already.

I like the designs of Sony and Apple but I'm not happy with storage.
I like the storage of AK, Fiio, Ibasso but I dont like the design.

Picky, Picky, Picky Me.

Oct 1, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #390 of 7,711

Problem is, I already have 160GB iPod Classic, so in a way I'm downgrading. Hence the rant.

As for sound, I'm satisfied by both apple & sony. I even like the sound of clip. I'd probably like the other players like Tera Player, AK  etc, but I'm not interested in paying so much, when I like the sound of what I hear already.

I like the designs of Sony and Apple but I'm not happy with storage.
I like the storage of AK, Fiio, Ibasso but I dont like the design.

Picky, Picky, Picky Me.

Yup...very much agree with your last statement. 
wink_face.gif

You are downgrading in storage capacity but upgrading in musical bliss.  Serious though, the headphone out on the  top of the line Sony Walkman(s) are much better sounding than that of iPod & Clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back