Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Sep 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #361 of 7,711
  Hi guys! 
wink_face.gif

I give you some pictures of SONY NW-ZX1(Japanese name) took at sony showroom @GINZA .

So you can see English mode , menu , w-music app ver. and the android system info .
I will be glad if I was of any help .

Same as the Z and F. No surprises here.

And if it's like the Z and F, on first startup, you will be asked which language you want.

Sep 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #362 of 7,711
  I thought that there are persons who should import this japanese ZX1 . 
etysmile.gif

WAIT!
But it is not released yet right?
You were at an audio show or something?

I WANT THIS NOW!!!

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #364 of 7,711
  No one here has posted this photo yet:

http://www.slashgear.com/sony-walkman-nw-zx1-and-nw-f880-series-media-players-land-in-october-25299077/

I'm interested in this device, but $760 is an insane price tag...

If you look at some of the links posted earlier for SOny's site in Japan, that pic is there. Cutting and pasting every pic seems silly ... but that's just me.

$760 isn't insane. I called $750ish early on. The AK120 at $1000+ is stupid. This is in line with expectations IMO

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #365 of 7,711
Damn, I'm stoked.  

Of course we all want this to be as cheap as possible, but I agree that the price is in the ball park of all the high level statement DAPs. Thanks to HifiMAN, Colorfly, and Ibasso, there's a small market that supports the demand and willing to pay for it. Personally, I think this should have deputed a year ago, but better late than never, I guess.

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #366 of 7,711
For now (judging by pics) the Z looks better than either one. The buffalo hump on the ZX-1 looks weird. Should have made it proportional and added a micro-sd slot behind that to make it equal.
They did the same thing with the easy gripon the back of the earlier Xperia tablet and totally eradicated it with the newer tablet.
Space is not much compared to the ipod Classic (160GB), may have to pass this one.

Sep 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #367 of 7,711
  For now (judging by pics) the Z looks better than either one. The buffalo hump on the ZX-1 looks weird. Should have made it proportional and added a micro-sd slot behind that to make it equal.
They did the same thing with the easy gripon the back of the earlier Xperia tablet and totally eradicated it with the newer tablet.
Space is not much compared to the ipod Classic (160GB), may have to pass this one.

I really wish people would get over the whole card slot thing. They haven't done it, they're not going to do it, so stop  already! 

Sep 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #368 of 7,711
Card Slot? Try asking Apple! Yet you say its Cool. 
confused.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #369 of 7,711

Well...the whole space issues won't be too big of a deal as long as the ZX-1 has a fast transfer speed.  128GB (120 GB in reality) is very manageable in my book.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #371 of 7,711
Hmm, interesting how less is more.  I hate the whole "interference" excuse, reminds me about the whole sprint treo + wifi card fiasco.
If interference could be an issue, why not remove bluetooth/wifi/nfc?  The FM radio like other modules, can be switched off.  Most devices use the cable as the antenna, reducing the chance of interference anyways..

Not a fan of the hump, but I really do like the finish and buttons.  I love the Walkman Z, the ZX1 is interesting for sure.

EDIT:

I wonder how it will stack to the X3/X5, as the amplifier looks to be a key feature in the ZX1.  Btw I thought Sony dropped out of the hifi portable market :S

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #372 of 7,711
I am thinking I will buy this DAP but as I never owned a Sony DAP, at least not since mini disc, could someone tell me how TOTL Sony DAPs fare against top audiophile DAPs or other DAPs so far?

For a regular redbook playback, I like my F807 better than the DX50 when paring with my JH13pro.  My F807 has more refinement to the sound with better soundstage & imaging.  You can hear more details & separation of various instruments.  Sound is presented with more clarity and with a touch more treble extension.  Bass has very good definition and maybe a tad light for some listeners.  The DX50 is pretty close to neutral to my ears with warmer overall tonality.  I can see someone with brighter headphones/IEMs preferring the DX50 though.  On hi-rez materials, the DX50 simply just sound better.  The AK100 isn't any better than the F807 or DX50 IMO.     

Hmm, interesting how less is more.  I hate the whole "interference" excuse, reminds me about the whole sprint treo + wifi card fiasco.
If interference could be an issue, why not remove bluetooth/wifi/nfc?  The FM radio like other modules, can be switched off.  Most devices use the cable as the antenna, reducing the chance of interference anyways..

Not a fan of the hump, but I really do like the finish and buttons.  I love the Walkman Z, the ZX1 is interesting for sure.

EDIT:

I wonder how it will stack to the X3/X5, as the amplifier looks to be a key feature in the ZX1.  Btw I thought Sony dropped out of the hifi portable market :S

I think they just want more real estate for beefier amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back