Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 27, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #6,871 of 7,711

Hi dinche,

The units of nwz-zx1 that are sold in Europe don't play Atrac and plays FLAC. Atrac only apears in the Japanese units. I can't understand why SONY do this type of marketing. Atrac 3 is lossless and gapless. I think that if i made a flac and atrac from the same wav file. the flac has mucch more bytes than the atrac file.

Croqui,

How did you transfer oma file to your ZX1?

Cheers

Mar 27, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #6,872 of 7,711

Croqui,

How did you transfer oma file to your ZX1?

Cheers

Hi Dinche,

Very simple. Using drag and drop. Atach the zx1 to a computer and copy then past into the folder Music of the zx1. I do this procedure for Flac files too. There is no need to use Media Go to tranfer files to ZX1. The problem with oma files is because Sony don't make units to Europe with the oma codec. If you enter the www.sony.co.uk and look for NWZ-ZX1 specifications you don't see oma as a suported music file.
Here, in the first commente, http://community.sony.no/t5/portable-audio/is-there-an-andriod-app-for-atrac-files/td-p/355419, you can see that Sony dropped atrac a long time ago in Europe.

Have a nice weekend.

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #6,873 of 7,711
I bought the $4.99 silicone case with protector and awaiting is arrival. And I found an old Nintendo case lying around so will use that as a pouch.

This things sound 'phenomenal' with trance music (mp3-320kbps)... still did not feel anything super with rock (flac-16 bit) files when I auditioned it earlier from a friend. Maybe its because I don't listen to rock much often, but with trance its better than A17 to my ears.

Will load up Prodigy new album tonight and give it a go!

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #6,874 of 7,711
A little story, sorry.

So I just got into a new band, and it made me pull out my phone to listen to their songs on my walk to work today. I plugged in my headphones to my FiiO E10K and I was blown away at how bad my phone's DAC was compared to that.

My question is, I really want to get the ZX1 (I've been subbed to this thread since the beginning), and if anyone also has a E10K or similar and can compare the SQ for me, that'd be great. I'd be super happy with even like, same level of quality. I know it's like comparing apples and oranges, but again, similar sounds would be good enough. I use MDR-1R's normally.

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #6,875 of 7,711
Well, I just joined the zx1 club. Finding it a nice step up from my rh-1 minidisc player. I am struggling though with tags for some wav files. Added everything in jriver but when I transferred it over, nothing showed up. Also find it frustrating to add cover art.

Apr 1, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #6,876 of 7,711
Well, I just joined the zx1 club. Finding it a nice step up from my rh-1 minidisc player. I am struggling though with tags for some wav files. Added everything in jriver but when I transferred it over, nothing showed up. Also find it frustrating to add cover art.

You can't tag Wave file.  You need to convert Wave to Flac then you can tag and album art it.

I highly recommended this case to all the ZX2 owners:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruzerlite-TPU-case-Sony-Walkman/dp/B00I2EI8XC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427938508&sr=8-2&keywords=cruzerlite+zx1

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #6,877 of 7,711

The only way to tag WAV (work around by Sony) is to use Sony Media Go for file transfert, BUT...it only works with Sony Walkman. It doesn't work with Sony Android Walkman, Walkman A10 series, Xperia phones/tablet

Apr 2, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #6,878 of 7,711

You can't tag Wave file.  You need to convert Wave to Flac then you can tag and album art it.

http://www.amazon.com/Cruzerlite-TPU-case-Sony-Walkman/dp/B00I2EI8XC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427938508&sr=8-2&keywords=cruzerlite+zx1

That's made for the ZX 1, not ZX 2.

Apr 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #6,879 of 7,711

Thanks Purk, I'll give that a try.

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #6,882 of 7,711
  or convert wav to mp3 (320kbps) and then tag to save space.

Why not convert wav to flac to save some space while getting a better sound as well as tagging ability?  Remember that the ZX1 can be connected to some USB DACs so it will also function as an excellent lossless transport.  Personally, I would just re-rip all of CDs into FLAC and save the tagging headache.

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #6,883 of 7,711
You're absolutely right but I should have been clearer in term of what genre for that kind of listening.
I listen to mostly trance and somehow flac don't seem right with it as bass seems to be lost and trance needs bass.
Why not convert wav to flac to save some space while getting a better sound as well as tagging ability?  Remember that the ZX1 can be connected to some USB DACs so it will also function as an excellent lossless transport.  Personally, I would just re-rip all of CDs into FLAC and save the tagging headache.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #6,885 of 7,711
You're absolutely right but I should have been clearer in term of what genre for that kind of listening.
I listen to mostly trance and somehow flac don't seem right with it as bass seems to be lost and trance needs bass.

??? april fools???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back