Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Apr 11, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #6,902 of 7,711
  Don't be.  You can always get the PHA-3 to compliment the ZX1 if you don't want to step up to the ZX2.  The ZX1+PHA3 in single ended output is about on par if not slightly better than the ZX2.

This is something that I wanted to ask for quiet some time: Do portable headphone amplifiers really improve the sound quality? It is (or was) my understanding that they are solely used to properly drive headphones with an impedance of, say, 70
ffd4501c7ee4971b79baebbfc3b21a23.png
 or higher, which smartphones and dedicated audio players are not capable of. 

Someone please enlighten me. 
rolleyes.gif

Feeling neglected as a ZX-1 owner now that everyone seems to be after the new kid on the block, the ZX-2.

No matter how good a product is, people will always get rid of it when there is a successor that makes the predecessor superfluous. I admit that I, too, will get rid of my ZX1 soon once I have jumped on the ZX2-bandwagon. Still, the ZX1 is a superb DAP and I have got no gripes with it. Be glad you don't waste your money like the rest of us. 
floatsmile.png

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #6,903 of 7,711
@leviticus - if the ZX-1 had SD card capability, I would not even contemplate the ZX-2. I'm wondering if having both would be overkill.

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #6,904 of 7,711
@leviticus - if the ZX-1 had SD card capability, I would not even contemplate the ZX-2. I'm wondering if having both would be overkill.

From a financial standpoint, I think it's reckless to buy the ZX2 and not sell the ZX1. There no point in keeping the ZX1 as it seems to be inferior to the ZX2 in every way. And you still get a lot of money for your ZX1. Pull the trigger on the ZX2 if you got the means.  

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #6,906 of 7,711
How about listening some music on your ZX1? Should put you in a better mood!

Regards

Actually I decided about an hour ago that I shall desist from considering the ZX-2. Thanks for corroborating my decision!

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #6,910 of 7,711
I need the Firmware NW-ZX1_V1_14_002.exe for the new ZX1 walkman of my father. Could somebody please please upload it and send me the link? I searched so long but sony Japan took it offline, don't know why. My own ZX1 runs perfectly with it. I could only find sony NW-ZX1_V1_14_000.exe but this version doesn't detect the walkman on the usb port, I definitely need the 002 version. The Android Update option finds no updates. Please help me. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #6,915 of 7,711
So if you use a digital output from ZX1 it bypasses the internal DAC and Amp and any sound quality will be from the external amp and not ZX1. Therefore if you are going to use a external amp/DAC then surely any dap that's outputting a digital signal will sound the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back