Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
May 6, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #5,192 of 7,711
  Beating the scum three times in a season is a dream, I still want Fat Sam out though.
Our team has been awful this season, as ever, so Spurs must be terrible.
The only highlights of a very dark season.

Spurs should be top 3 easy with the money they spend.
But they sold an AK240 and replaced it with 10 DX50s,
bigsmile_face.gif

that made me giggle... it's also taking in the irony of those three games I suppose, if we had lost Fat Sam would of been sacked, he'll probably get a new contract now (I thoroughly detest the man).

you getting a ZX1 mate?

May 6, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #5,193 of 7,711
For those with the usb cable for dacs/amps can you use the zx1 with something that's usb powered?

May 6, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #5,194 of 7,711
the first victory I put down to luck, the second I thought 'there's a turn-up' and the third I just figured we might as well take the piss... you need to spend more than the pathetic £100m you spent to beat the might Hammers... :wink_face:

Beating the scum three times in a season is a dream, I still want Fat Sam out though.
Our team has been awful this season, as ever, so Spurs must be terrible.
The only highlights of a very dark season.

Spurs should be top 3 easy with the money they spend.
But they sold an AK240 and replaced it with 10 DX50s,:bigsmile_face:  

Don't worry boys. Next season normal service will be resumed :D

May 6, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #5,195 of 7,711
But they sold an AK240 and replaced it with 10 DX50s,
bigsmile_face.gif

This has to be the funniest thing I have read in a very long time. Too bad I can't share it with my friends as only audiophiles would understand. 

May 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #5,197 of 7,711
This is my first post-thanks for the many good tips from many posters. I just got my ZX1 and am very satisfied with it. Slight problem: The cover Art from my ALAC Files has not been recognized. I downloaded Cover Art Downloader and it found most of the Art, but the stock player still ignored it. Restarting didn't help. Anyone able to help?

May 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #5,198 of 7,711
  This is my first post-thanks for the many good tips from many posters. I just got my ZX1 and am very satisfied with it. Slight problem: The cover Art from my ALAC Files has not been recognized. I downloaded Cover Art Downloader and it found most of the Art, but the stock player still ignored it. Restarting didn't help. Anyone able to help?

Once you've downloaded the art, you can manually assign it to each album. Go into the player, go into your library and view by album. Long press (press and hold) any album that doesn't have an image, use an app like Gallery or Photos to browse to where you downloaded the cover art, and assign it.

Not sure there's an easier way without using a program on your PC that will embed the album art to the files themselves. I found that most of my files from HDTracks were already setup, but other flacs I had ripped or had gotten from friends were without any art embedded.

May 7, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #5,199 of 7,711
  I've ordered the clear, and do not plan on using the screen protector, only the body protector.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bigstar/item/230-935369/

Update:
Very happy with the purchase, well made. Note that with the body protector on, it's tight for the orig. sleeve...

Sorry about the off-topic question, but how was your experience with global.rakuten.com? Did you pay directly using a credit card? I want to buy Sony's official case for the F880 from them, but I'm a little worried since I've read various accusations regarding credit card theft (although those were directed to rakuten.com, not the global site).

May 7, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #5,200 of 7,711
I can't believe it was 34 years ago that I was listening to portable music on cassette with over ear headphones with bright orange foam pads. And when I was listening, I had to walk and not run and flip the tape over every 30-60 minutes and change batteries every 2.5 hours. . .and if I wanted to skip a song, it would take about a minute and there was no such thing as shuffle. . .seems like a lot less than 34 years. . .

May 7, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #5,202 of 7,711
Thanks! I did that with my existing albums. The rest I'll have to manually embed in Itunes, there's probably no elegant way around it. 
One more question, I'd like to get rid of many pre-installed apps and widgets. They probably can't be uninstalled, but they give me a warning when I press disable (other apps might misbehave). 
Can it be ignored? I don't need things like google+, I bought the zx1 only as a music player.
(headphones are the nad hp 50 by the way, can't wait to test the pair!)

May 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #5,203 of 7,711
You shouldn't have any issues disabling most apps. If you do, please share. If you aren't comfortable doing so (disabling) I'll mess around with it tonight when I get back from work and let you know if I have any issues.

May 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #5,204 of 7,711
What have been people's experiences ordering accessories for the ZX1 from "BIGSTAR NETSHOP" on Rakuten Global? I ordered this case over the weekend and haven't gotten anything other than the initial confirmation email, and my credit card has yet to be charged:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/bigstar/item/230-935406/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

I'll probably email them tonight, but wondering if anyone else ordered anything from them and what their experiences were? Did you receive a follow-up shipping email or did it just arrive in the mail one day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back