Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #4,051 of 7,711
  I guess the case isn't supposed to protect the fragile corners....

Ummm.....so, what exactly is the purpose of this case again....
confused.gif

Better to use the stock case.

Looks nice and everything, but after a couple of months you'll notice slight thin cracks on the edges.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #4,052 of 7,711

Looks nice and everything, but after a couple of months you'll notice slight thin cracks on the edges.
The stock case is crap as you cannot access the screen. The Dignis case looks nice, but I still prefer the Cruzerlite case I got...not as pretty but protects more and is scratch proof and more compact.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #4,053 of 7,711
The stock case is crap as you cannot access the screen. The Dignis case looks nice, but I still prefer the Cruzerlite case I got...not as pretty but protects more and is scratch proof and more compact.

This is pretty important.... and the Cruzerlite looks quite nice too

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #4,054 of 7,711
I still prefer the Cruzerlite case I got...not as pretty but protects more and is scratch proof and more compact.

I may settle for the Cruzerlite as well if I don't find something else similar but with a belt clip. At least it offers the most protection, like you said.

"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #4,056 of 7,711
  you can get Accidental Damage & Warranty from Sony's UK insurers, it is exactly the same as the extended warranty offered by Sony-UK... pretty cheap, think mine works out at about £24 per year.

link: https://partners.domgen.com/Quote/products/mp3-player-extended-warranty

Sony UK customer-service are absolutely useless at product info, you're better off asking here.

Interesting, thanks for the link. Does that give you the same support as the first year from Sony, or an elevated level like applecare?

Do you have the PHA-2 covered as well?

Contemplating pricejapan again if its only £24 to get the missing warranty.

True about the product info, but you'd expect them to know when its coming in stock 
biggrin.gif

Edit: Bah, cant get a quote ..'Period of Cover is required.' tried 3 browsers and PoC is not showing on the screen 
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4,057 of 7,711
Originally Posted by Vect /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just put on Media Audio, instead of "Let app decide" chose "Wired Headphones". BAM, even with your headset connected it will send audio trough the headphones BUT you can use the headset buttons to control the device. Consumption is really little even on my F886. you don't even have to look at the screen to change songs, or, if you are using PowerAMP, you don't even need to use the screen to change folders.

As a plus, if you use the SBH-52 you can also see the track tittle and album on the small screen. The only downsize of this is that volume cannot be changed through the headset volume buttons, just through the physical buttons of the device, (but in all ohonestly, I don't have a need to continuously change volume on each song)

Did anyone get this to work with the older Sony MW1? I tried it with the stock media player and with PowerAmp but in both cases I don't get audio on the ZX1 while using the MW1, even if I explicitly switch to "Headphones" in the "Route Audio" menu. I also don't get any text on the display, it always says "No info". I installed Smart Connect and the MW1 software und updated the MW1's firmware to the latest version.

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #4,059 of 7,711

I agree with you. Had that happened with my z1070 when my PDair case failed to do it's job when my dap met the floor. The stock case already saved the day for myzx1.

Mar 9, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #4,062 of 7,711

Interesting, thanks for the link. Does that give you the same support as the first year from Sony, or an elevated level like applecare?

Do you have the PHA-2 covered as well?

Contemplating pricejapan again if its only £24 to get the missing warranty.

True about the product info, but you'd expect them to know when its coming in stock 
biggrin.gif

Edit: Bah, cant get a quote ..'Period of Cover is required.' tried 3 browsers and PoC is not showing on the screen 
confused_face(1).gif

1). I just phoned, as long as it's a current model from Sony they're ok about it, my Z1070 was insured by them that was a Japan only market model (you have to ask for special models)... no idea about Applecare, is that some kind of mouthwash?

2). not yet as I'm considering selling it & the F887 and getting a Hugo.

3). Price-Japan are great to deal with, no qualms here.

4). Sony-UK are abysmal with any product info.

5). best to phone and get the Insurer to send you a quote... worked for me, hth.

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #4,064 of 7,711
Cowon is coming out with an audiophile DAP...these will be direct competition.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/709051/cowon-plenue-p1#post_10344300

Cowon, Calyx, A&K, iBasso, FiiO & Philips have all got new DAP's out (or in the mill).... I really don't see many being better than ZX1, maybe a different SQ etc. but that'll be about it.

I'm more interested in the next Sony... DSD, Micro-USB out, SD-Card as rumoured by What Hi-Fi.

Mar 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #4,065 of 7,711

Cowon, Calyx, A&K, iBasso, FiiO & Philips have all got new DAP's out (or in the mill).... I really don't see many being better than ZX1, maybe a different SQ etc. but that'll be about it.

I'm more interested in the next Sony... DSD, Micro-USB out, SD-Card as rumoured by What Hi-Fi.

phillips will have a DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back