Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Mar 9, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #4,067 of 7,711
Cowon, Calyx, A&K, iBasso, FiiO & Philips have all got new DAP's out (or in the mill).... I really don't see many being better than ZX1, maybe a different SQ etc. but that'll be about it.

I'm more interested in the next Sony... DSD, Micro-USB out, SD-Card as rumoured by What Hi-Fi.
Very broad statement and does not bring much. Most of the ones you mention are already out. Fiio and iBasso will not match the design or UI of Sony. AK's latest is 3 times the price. Calyx is in direct competition but no line out. Cowon seems to bring a player with a sleek design, high capacity and could have a great UI if I judge based on the Z2. Price could also be close based on previous Cowon DAPs. Now we will see about SQ. So all in all I think you are oversimplifying and the Cowon DAP is more likely to have comon features with the ZX1 than many current competitors. And I do have a ZX1 and have tried many others so I am not just inventing.

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #4,068 of 7,711

Cowon, Calyx, A&K, iBasso, FiiO & Philips have all got new DAP's out (or in the mill).... I really don't see many being better than ZX1, maybe a different SQ etc. but that'll be about it.

I'm more interested in the next Sony... DSD, Micro-USB out, SD-Card as rumoured by What Hi-Fi.

Is there a source-link for that Sony DSD, Micro-USB thing?

Mar 9, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #4,069 of 7,711

1). I just phoned, as long as it's a current model from Sony they're ok about it, my Z1070 was insured by them that was a Japan only market model (you have to ask for special models)... no idea about Applecare, is that some kind of mouthwash?

2). not yet as I'm considering selling it & the F887 and getting a Hugo.

3). Price-Japan are great to deal with, no qualms here.

4). Sony-UK are abysmal with any product info.

5). best to phone and get the Insurer to send you a quote... worked for me, hth.

Thanks for responses, very informative.

Yes, mouthwash, thats acidic and not good for the teeth 
biggrin.gif
 decent support though, puts Sony to shame, in my experience.

Next ZX1!? I know I am behind the curve, but is it imminent enough to wait, as I'm not that desperate to spend £550 for it to be superseded a couple of months later! I know its the game, but Sony has been decent about not being silling like Samsung with new models every month.

<goes off to google the whathi rumor>

Edit: Its like working the stock market with pricejapan, price up to £474 today!
United Kingdom GBP 474 

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #4,070 of 7,711

My bad, I don't know what I was thinking, the name is sound about, here is a direct link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix

Thanks, got it to work with the MW1. No title display though. This requires the "Messaging" add-on to be installed (tried it on my N4 - it works with PowerAmp) which is not compatible with the ZX1. Great job with the ancient Android, Sony!

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #4,072 of 7,711
???
[size=inherit] ($399)[/size]

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/09/ponoplayer/

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/neil-young-announces-launch-ponomusic-19703/

Mar 10, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #4,073 of 7,711
Mar 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #4,077 of 7,711

Thanks, got it to work with the MW1. No title display though. This requires the "Messaging" add-on to be installed (tried it on my N4 - it works with PowerAmp) which is not compatible with the ZX1. Great job with the ancient Android, Sony!

The F886 can output the song tittle only if you use the SBH-52 or derivatives and you have to install the SBH-52 (or derivatives) sony program from the android store, otherwise no song tittle is shown. Remember also that poweramp has options for the title display, try all 3 of them, one of them might actually work. in my F886 this is set to "Cyanogen mod" (or so, I cannot remember exactly) but, extrangely enough, not sony mode (there are like two of these)

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #4,078 of 7,711
Cruzerlite case came today. Absolutely lovin it. And it took only 4 days to get it.

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #4,080 of 7,711
Done a quick search but need more thoughts/impressions on the ZX1 with Ety Er4s and the AKG K3003.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back