Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Feb 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #3,736 of 7,711
Holy c#@p I've only gone and ordered one from priceJapan! .. Hope I've done the right thing. I know it'll be out in UK in a few weeks time but I really want to use ATRAC to make use of the capacity with my non lossless music... Well I tend to buy portables that last, so hopefully this will. Last decent one was MZ-RH1, so about time I moved into the 21st century :)

Feb 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3,737 of 7,711
Holy c#@p I've only gone and ordered one from priceJapan! .. Hope I've done the right thing. I know it'll be out in UK in a few weeks time but I really want to use ATRAC to make use of the capacity with my non lossless music... Well I tend to buy portables that last, so hopefully this will. Last decent one was MZ-RH1, so about time I moved into the 21st century
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope you like it! I think it's smart to order the Japanese one so that you don't wind up with one of the EU models with the volume cap.

Feb 15, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #3,738 of 7,711
Hope you like it! I think it's smart to order the Japanese one so that you don't wind up with one of the EU models with the volume cap.

Cheers, yeah was several things, volume cap (my current players are at the high end with my MDR-1Rs), Atrac and also ability to record. Not sure if UK version will be able to do that. Price Japan very quick with replying to emails!

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #3,742 of 7,711
I found that there's a step up from the MZ-RH1 in terms of SQ. Plus a huge step up in convenience with not needing to use Sonic stage :cool:

That's very good to know! Generally use my NH1 as to me it sounds better. Spent all last year eyeing up the AK100, glad I waited. I wonder if you can get a Walkman to female iPod adaptor so I can control it in the car. At the very least I'll get the iPod line in adaptor which is only 6 quid.

Yeah sonic stage is SO frustrating. Uploading my own recordings at 256kbps are stamped with Poxy DRM so you can't use on another device, so you have to convert to 352kbps to unprotect! Which I assume is transcoding :-/

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #3,743 of 7,711
Yeah sonic stage is SO frustrating. Uploading my own recordings at 256kbps are stamped with Poxy DRM so you can't use on another device, so you have to convert to 352kbps to unprotect! Which I assume is transcoding :-/

Been using an old Sony A808 while awaiting ZX1. Had to find tailored version of Sonic Stage to work on Win7 (thanks ok guy). Sony DAP wont accept FLAC so I converted albums to WAV. Thought they sounded pretty naff, then found out SonicStage, by default, converts WAV to 64kbps ATRAC on player!! Highest is 352kbps so it doesn't play WAV at all. Should have stuck with mp3 @320. It really is a crap program all-round. But only way of using player, no drag n drop. Tried Media Go, and it see's player, transfers but then they vanish. Hurry up UK ZX1 release! Nearly bought an X3 last week but pulled out last second. (I know.... price Japan, but it came up to practically same price after add-ons, and I've suffered some nightmare delivery problems in past with electronic goods).

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #3,745 of 7,711
Feb 16, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #3,748 of 7,711
For those using the Sony WMC-NWH10 cable to connect to an external DAC - I've had mine for a couple of days and the connection to the ZX1 is so loose that it cuts in and out all the time - moving the ZX1 is enough to make it fail - and sometimes sends the ZX1 into a weird feedback loop or shuts it down altogether.

Anybody else had any problems?

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #3,749 of 7,711
Been using an old Sony A808 while awaiting ZX1. Had to find tailored version of Sonic Stage to work on Win7 (thanks ok guy). Sony DAP wont accept FLAC so I converted albums to WAV. Thought they sounded pretty naff, then found out SonicStage, by default, converts WAV to 64kbps ATRAC on player!! Highest is 352kbps so it doesn't play WAV at all. Should have stuck with mp3 @320. It really is a crap program all-round. But only way of using player, no drag n drop. Tried Media Go, and it see's player, transfers but then they vanish. Hurry up UK ZX1 release! Nearly bought an X3 last week but pulled out last second. (I know.... price Japan, but it came up to practically same price after add-ons, and I've suffered some nightmare delivery problems in past with electronic goods).

Easiest way around this is to use ATRAC Lossless and just rerip your CDs. That's one of the reason I prefer Japanese versions compared to others.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #3,750 of 7,711
Question for you Android experts here. How do I get the ZX-1 to recognize the album art sitting in its own directory rather than have to embed each file with such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back