Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Feb 7, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #3,617 of 7,711
  I just received my Vannuys pouch (I also ordered the Cruzerlite as I think that Anak is right, it will need both). I ordered it on taobao and it does not seem fake.

It is quite convenient that it can be opened both on the top and the side.

Mim,

That's a sweet looking case. How are the sides held together when closed?

Feb 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3,618 of 7,711
Feb 7, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #3,619 of 7,711
  question: Clear Audio option - is it only EQ setting or totally different sound enhancement?

The clear audio will change your headphone sound Signature. Bass and treble shoot up immediately and then some kind of surround X been added in as well creating a bigger sphere of sound. I actually like to call it the Nirvana audio instead of clear audio. When I press this button the first time, It was like  ...  oh wow..ooohh oohh gosh...  what just happen! After that experience, I click it once in a while for kick... as woodcans mention... addictive :)

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #3,620 of 7,711
Does anyone know how much of a difference it would be from hm901 to zx1?? the hm901 is kinda getting on my nerves these days as I just can't get it to the exact volume I want.

I am thinking of a possibly getting a zx1 and selling the 901.
The last time I tried zx1 in japan, I felt the bass was bloated and was kinda lacking refinement in sound when compared to 901. 

Has anyone lived with both for a period of time and can give some comments of pros and cons when living with the players long term??? Thanks

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #3,621 of 7,711
Soundstage (Wider, Taller), and resolution. One even compared it to his 901 and says only the 901 has better bass but all the rest is pretty close.
If the ZX1 soundstage was any wider and taller, it would sound weird...that is already an aread where the ZX1 excels over most other players. Besides, resolution is also top notch...so allow me to be skeptical on this.

Besides, I find that the 901 is very different from ZX1, not necessarily better. With some iems, the ZX1 sounds better.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #3,623 of 7,711
Does anyone know how much of a difference it would be from hm901 to zx1?? the hm901 is kinda getting on my nerves these days as I just can't get it to the exact volume I want.

I am thinking of a possibly getting a zx1 and selling the 901.
The last time I tried zx1 in japan, I felt the bass was bloated and was kinda lacking refinement in sound when compared to 901. 

Has anyone lived with both for a period of time and can give some comments of pros and cons when living with the players long term??? Thanks
The ZX1 kills the 901 in UI and battery, as well as size. In terms of sound, 901 will have an edge overall as it is more versatile. ZX1 has awesome space and clarity, but is a bit cold, so will pair better with neutral warm and warm iems. The 901 wins in power / bass / depth and authority. You should also look at the X5.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #3,626 of 7,711
The ZX1 kills the 901 in UI and battery, as well as size. In terms of sound, 901 will have an edge overall as it is more versatile. ZX1 has awesome space and clarity, but is a bit cold, so will pair better with neutral warm and warm iems. The 901 wins in power / bass / depth and authority. You should also look at the X5.

What would you say is the best iem to pair with zx1 in your collection???
I think I read a thread a few pages that someone prefer zx1 with jh13 (I have) over 901 or some other players, I forgot.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #3,627 of 7,711

~~Jack's Price: £433.99 (Retail: £495.99) - See more at: http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nwz-zx1-128gb-video-mp3-mp4-nfc-walkman-media-player-black.html#sthash.Uu6NodNx.dpuf

Thought it looked a UK site till I found the About tab:

~~Office Address: Unit 906, Bonham Trade Centre 50 Bonham Strand Sheung Wan Hong Kong

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #3,628 of 7,711

~~Jack's Price: £433.99 (Retail: £495.99) - See more at: http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nwz-zx1-128gb-video-mp3-mp4-nfc-walkman-media-player-black.html#sthash.Uu6NodNx.dpuf

Thought it looked a UK site till I found the About tab:

~~Office Address: Unit 906, Bonham Trade Centre 50 Bonham Strand Sheung Wan Hong Kong

Are they legit?

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #3,629 of 7,711
It'll be an official Asian version but there'll be a customs charge to pay, probably VAT + a fee.

I've been doing the maths for the likes of pricejapan and other Japanese middlemen and a Japanese version will still come in at around £520 all in so for once the UK price of £549 isn't a huge rip off. I can't for the life of me pre-order from Sony though. What a truly useless website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back