Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #1,907 of 7,711
And that's your portable rig?
eek.gif

wink.gif
yes, with AniSong/JPop Full capacity

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #1,908 of 7,711
@Rudi,

Hey mate, great discovery you shared with us, I am very much interested in ZX1 + M8 combo. Would you share photos (many) and more impressions please.

What I understood is, you get a special cable that connects ZX1 to Centrance USB input (so it means vanilla M8 and M8 LX are both ok) and it just works fine right? Where can we get that cable, for example if I request it from pricejapan.com, would they send it with ZX1?

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #1,909 of 7,711
  @Rudi,
  What I understood is, you get a special cable that connects ZX1 to Centrance USB input (so it means vanilla M8 and M8 LX are both ok) and it just works fine right? Where can we get that cable, for example if I request it from pricejapan.com, would they send it with ZX1?

Yeah, that's the only option right now, from pricejapan. Need to pay around 35 bucks for that.

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #1,919 of 7,711

if there were a low-profile Lightning CCK/USB cable combo so as to make a compact rig, would be perfectly happy:   the KERO cable

Thanks - I wish.  That's a very nice Lightning/USB cable, but to make a DAC work with iOS 7 there has to be a CCK in the chain.  The official Apple cable is bulky and built so that it's apparently between difficult and impossible to rebuild as a low-profile cable.  Very frustrating - the functionality is all there but Apple has made it impractical to use it as we'd wish.  So far there's no good solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back