Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #1,786 of 7,711
  For you, I will Purk, and I am serious.
wink_face.gif

My friend...no need...please enjoy the Sony goodness for me.  :)

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #1,787 of 7,711
Dec 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #1,788 of 7,711

That's gotta be the shortest love affair with a DAP.

Naaaaaa, I will get her all it wants, I am in love.
She asked to be paired with the PHA-2, and I said , OK
blink.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #1,789 of 7,711
There have been 2 posts here I believe regarding Sony working on a superior successor to the ZX-1. Is this true and where has this info come from?

Dec 13, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #1,790 of 7,711
  There have been 2 posts here I believe regarding Sony working on a superior successor to the ZX-1. Is this true and where has this info come from?

a 256 Gb version ? this will be enough good news for me !

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #1,791 of 7,711
Inb4 buying high-end DAP = chasing mobile phones.

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,793 of 7,711
  Maybe you find this childish, but do guys give your DAPs names?

I call my new Xperia Z Ultra "Phabby" from Phablet and now I'm looking for a name for his little cousin, my ZX1. Any suggestions?

Mine is "Zerexia One" 
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #1,794 of 7,711
I've just received my ZX1 from PriceJapan.

I was affraid about one thing: Will it have enough power to drive my Denon AH-D600 properly (This is what I use as my portable headphones). The AH-D600 is pretty easy to drive, but with my Galaxy S3 and Note 3 simply didn't give the punch.. And this little gem does, it gives the punch like my Corda StepDance does, wow, I am so f.... happy :wink:

Just wanted to share :wink:

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #1,796 of 7,711
  The best way is to just create a folder in the Walkman drive, and copy your songs to it.
Media-Go is also very good, with both I never had a single problem.

Some quick notes:
My ZX1 is still burning with only flac, with 30GB of Hi-res music, and 50GB red-book.
I can say its resolving , fast and loves female vocals.
I think the Bass here is more controlled than the Z (the Z bass more prominent).
What strikes me the most is the sound stage, its so open.
I still cant believe I am getting this kind of SQ from a DAP that plays flac for +21hours, fast, beautiful and bug free UI.
I am sure that this purchase is probably the best I did since I joined Head-fi.
JVC HA-FXZ 200 loves amping, and with the ZX1 its not needed any more.
Line out vs USB to my Glacier:
With Line out the sound was warmer , and I found myself liking it more than while connected thru USB to it.
Sony "Welcome back"
wink.gif

update: there is Fantastic synergy between the Bey DT770 LE and the ZX1.

I've ordered one of these.  This comment that you actually prefer the line out to the feed to the Glacier is really encouraging.  I love my Touch/Glacier combination, and if there were a low-profile Lightning CCK/USB cable combo so as to make a compact rig, would be perfectly happy with that setup.  If this is an all-in-one package that's that good or better, and also offers good battery life, etc., and wireless/app capability: that's a game changer...

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,797 of 7,711
The Marathon is still going from yesterday 10:40 and playing my flac (HD and 44.1), and it is 16% now.
So its 21 hours and still got 16%.

WOW, The DX100 only lasted 6 hours max!!!

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #1,799 of 7,711
  I've ordered one of these.  This comment that you actually prefer the line out to the feed to the Glacier is really encouraging.  I love my Touch/Glacier combination, and if there were a low-profile Lightning CCK/USB cable combo so as to make a compact rig, would be perfectly happy with that setup.  If this is an all-in-one package that's that good or better, and also offers good battery life, etc., and wireless/app capability: that's a game changer...

if there were a low-profile Lightning CCK/USB cable combo so as to make a compact rig, would be perfectly happy:   the KERO cable

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #1,800 of 7,711
Thank you
I will follow your advise

It really makes me feel good that I was able to help out anyone on this forum. You both have been a huge help to me.. so that's pretty much awesome.

Rudi- Your impressions of the ZX-1 to PHA-2 would be very helpful. I was *thiiiiiis* close to purchasing a Wagnus Epsilon S while in Japan, but never could manage to get out to Fuji Avic while I was in Tokyo a few weeks ago. I did manage to find e-earphone, Bic Camera and Yobobashi while I was in the country. Amazing selection of stuff. I could have spent many more hours in any of those stores.

OK-Guy,
 I'll post another observation in the PHA-2 forum. Would like to continue to understand your impressions as well, as I pretty much followed these forums leading up to your purchase (and then mine).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back