Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Aug 25, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #6,151 of 7,711
  I'd like to get an additional cable to connect my ZX1 to my PHA-2 -- what the PHA-2 manual calls "digital output USB cable for WALKMAN" that apparently works only with the ZX1 and the F880.  Anybody know where in the US to get this online?  I think it's a walkman to mini-b . . . but what is that 3rd prong?  Just a locating pin, or does it actually do something?

It seems to be a locating pin but good luck with that - my experience with Sony is that they work very hard to ensure that you are trapped in their 'universe'. I think you will find the best place for Sony adapters is pricejapan.com - dont bother asking in your local Sony store as they will look at you as though you're some kind of alien. If it's not a cellphone or a laptop, those clowns usually dont want to know - one tragic reseller network that one. The store where I bought my ZX1 was the only store I've encountered anywhere in Asia where they seemed to have anything even remotely resembling a clue about the breadth of Sony's electronic offerings. 

Aug 25, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #6,152 of 7,711
  I'd like to get an additional cable to connect my ZX1 to my PHA-2 -- what the PHA-2 manual calls "digital output USB cable for WALKMAN" that apparently works only with the ZX1 and the F880.  Anybody know where in the US to get this online?  I think it's a walkman to mini-b . . . but what is that 3rd prong?  Just a locating pin, or does it actually do something?

From what I understand, it is just a locating pin, I see online people selling the short cables for the zx-1 to the pha-2 without the pin and works so I guess its most prob just a locating pin.

Aug 25, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #6,153 of 7,711
That prong in there does nothing, I can connect my xperia 2 to that port no problem and doing this the xperia avoids charging the pha2, making the pha2 to use its own battery.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #6,156 of 7,711
  I'm confused . . . if that prong does nothing, how does the lack of a prong affect battery life?

So far in my test.... it doesn't. if anything, prolongs quite a lot the battery of my xperia z2. The battery life of both F886 and ZX1 must be really low, as in my test I can get easily 3 hours by only consuming around 17% in my phone (bluetooth and 4g on!!!), amplifier remains at 6+ hours though.

A photo of my current setup:

The way I see it, sony conceived both ZX1 and F88X walkmans to be a very versatile media player with excellent audio quality by themselves (no amp)... Z2 it is not supposed to have that audio quality by itself. Plug the PHA2 and it rocks. Kudos to sony for making it compatible with the amp.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #6,157 of 7,711

I knew this cable was hard to get so i bought a spare one together with my PHA-2 in HK. It was dirt cheap so it was without any hesitation (7 euro if I remember well).
I found the invoice back for you and here is the part number : 184695311. Having googled it, i found this:

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-part-number-184695311.aspx

Hope it helps.

Aug 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #6,159 of 7,711
Well, Sony said yup, that's the right number, and yup, we have the part, but . . . we don't know how much it costs so we can't sell it to you and we'll email you when we learn how much it costs.   Mmmkay.  Planemaker, you are still an excellent human being.

Aug 25, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #6,160 of 7,711
Anybody has any idea of what would be the equivalent headphones for the iems xba-h3?
To me, the Philips Fidelio X1 isn't 1,000 miles away... but, that leads to the question of why you would want the same sound from both your IEMs and full sized headphones - would probably be best for contrasting SQ / EQ??

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #6,161 of 7,711
I knew this cable was hard to get so i bought a spare one together with my PHA-2 in HK. It was dirt cheap so it was without any hesitation (7 euro if I remember well).
I found the invoice back for you and here is the part number : 184695311. Having googled it, i found this:

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-part-number-184695311.aspx

Hope it helps.

Thanks Planemaker! I had been hunting high and low for this cable for ages, none of the local sony stores were able to help even when I brought the physical cable to show them.

Finally!

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #6,164 of 7,711
when I use the stock music player to search and select a song, is there any way that it can shuffle to the next song after finishing the selected song? kind of a hassle to search and play a song and then have to head back to main to play all songs..

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #6,165 of 7,711
  when I use the stock music player to search and select a song, is there any way that it can shuffle to the next song after finishing the selected song? kind of a hassle to search and play a song and then have to head back to main to play all songs..

I have this same problem. This is exactly what Poweramp is good at if I understand your problem. It has a shuffle all songs option, so no matter where you choose a song to play from, the next song will be a shuffled song from your entire collection. I wish more players did this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back