Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
May 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #5,146 of 7,711

I didn't have any Jap on mine as far as I remember (though Japanese was one of the options for language), but I bought mine from Sony Australia, so I guess mine might have had english firmware on it...

Yeah mine was the Japanese version that I bought from an eBay seller and shipped to the US.

May 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #5,150 of 7,711
I haven't read anyone did and I read this entire thread. Some things I skimmed over so I might have missed it but I don't believe so. Besides you are buying from Amazon, if it's defective send it back. I'm loving mine, it's a great device.

May 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #5,153 of 7,711
I don't live in the USA (my friend going to bring it to me) so sending back would a little bit problematic.

I (sadly) have read the entire thread. The only thing people were reporting was excessive battery drain on a unit or two, but that honestly was probably more to do with specific apps they had installed or weren't turning off sync/wifi/bt/nfc etc.

Also, it's a Sony device which was probably the biggest determinant in what DAP I bought. I'd be a lot more concerned about buying from iBasso or some of the other newer manufacturers that I don't know have US support other than sending it all the way back to China.

May 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #5,155 of 7,711
Btw, anyone tried the zx-1 with the Roxanne? I have a set of Roxanne universals on their way and am wondering if the zx-1 will have enough oomph to power them without an amp. I'm guessing not, but hoping to be surprised.
Yea. And the pairing of the ZX1 with the Roxanne's are very good as well. I would say better than my RWAK120. You're in good hands there. Nothing to worry about.

May 3, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #5,156 of 7,711
I must say listening to ♫♫ I'm forever blowing bubbles ♫♫ on my F887/PHA-2 & N5's is kinda awesome today...
tongue_smile.gif

May 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #5,157 of 7,711
  I must say listening to ♫♫ I'm forever blowing bubbles ♫♫ on my F887/PHA-2 & N5's is kinda awesome today...
tongue_smile.gif

Those are kind of nice feelings, that's music for you, as for me, Ys Origin Arrange: Overdrive !! (And yes, I'm banging my head!!)

May 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #5,159 of 7,711
Looking forward to listening to the ZX1 next weekend, in a way to put me off of buying it lol... Cannot believe that it'll sound that much better than my new toy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back