SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 6, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #1,996 of 7,541

Track back to the A series. Bang-for-buck, it's far superior.

I love it too over that new ZX-2 ... the screw*n android 
mad.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,997 of 7,541
UPDATE yay, my A17 order has benn accepted and processed, already sent me the E-invoice, so today was shipped or perhaps tomorrow

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,998 of 7,541
Hi guys,

Quick question. Has anyone successfully managed to get this working with a 128GB sd card? Mine arrived today and after formatting the card in the player (the player recognises it and it shows up on my Mac when I plug it in) I can transfer files across, but it always fails after filling up around 8GB of the card. The walkman just disconnects every time! 

I have a Sansdisk card, so that should be ok right? Also I have no content on the built in memory, I am just trying to load everything onto the SD. Could this be bothering it?

Any advice would be warmly received.

Cheers,

Ad.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,999 of 7,541
  Hi guys,

Quick question. Has anyone successfully managed to get this working with a 128GB sd card? Mine arrived today and after formatting the card in the player (the player recognises it and it shows up on my Mac when I plug it in) I can transfer files across, but it always fails after filling up around 8GB of the card. The walkman just disconnects every time! 

I have a Sansdisk card, so that should be ok right? Also I have no content on the built in memory, I am just trying to load everything onto the SD. Could this be bothering it?

Cheers,

Ad.

does you mac has a SD card reader built-in? try using that if it has one

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,000 of 7,541
  Hi guys,

Cheers,

Ad.

Did you buy from a reputable dealer? (i.e. Amazon, BH Photo video, etc.?) Or did you buy via eBay or some other place. There are a bunch of fakes out there that are exactly that, 8GB cards in 128GB paint...

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #2,001 of 7,541
  Hi guys,

Cheers,

Ad.

Did you buy from a reputable dealer? (i.e. Amazon, BH Photo video, etc.?) Or did you buy via eBay or some other place. There are a bunch of fakes out there that are exactly that, 8GB cards in 128GB paint...

My opinion exactly. If it keeps failing after 8GB, it could very well be a fake card.

Find yourself a Windows PC and use this to check for real capacity: H2testw (not a Mac user so I am not sure if there is a similar tool in Mac)

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #2,002 of 7,541
same idea. probably a fake card. but try to use it on something else(card reader, cellphone...) to see if it also has that 8giga thing.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #2,004 of 7,541

My opinion exactly. If it keeps failing after 8GB, it could very well be a fake card.

Find yourself a Windows PC and use this to check for real capacity: H2testw (not a Mac user so I am not sure if there is a similar tool in Mac)

Hello.

Thanks for all your help so far, I downloaded and ran H2testw and it bummed out at around 8gig again, so it looks like the card is a pile of...you know. I did get it off ebay. Seeking a refund as we speak.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #2,006 of 7,541
Speaking of file support on Sony NWZ-A10 series, i find quite annoying that there is no CUE support for Flac!

I wrote about this to Sony Support Service at this address:

http://www.sony.com.hk/contactus/index_e.jsp

getting this (quite disappointing) answer:

With regards to your concern, please understand that there are no information on the possible inclusion of support of the CUE data for the FLAC file as of the time of this email's preparation. However, please be assured that this comment is noted and forwarded to the relevant department for evaluation and future reviews.

If someone else has the same problem, he should write to the same address about Cue support: i hope that if they receive enough request about this feature it could be programmed in future firmware release!

P.S.: in my A17 i'm using a SanDisk 128 GB (115 GB of music on it) and all is functioning perfectly: as suggested, you could have a fake card or, maybe, a Mac related problem...

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #2,007 of 7,541
  Speaking of file support on Sony NWZ-A10 series, i find quite annoying that there is no CUE support for Flac!

I wrote about this to Sony Support Service at this address:

http://www.sony.com.hk/contactus/index_e.jsp

getting this (quite disappointing) answer:

With regards to your concern, please understand that there are no information on the possible inclusion of support of the CUE data for the FLAC file as of the time of this email's preparation. However, please be assured that this comment is noted and forwarded to the relevant department for evaluation and future reviews.

If someone else has the same problem, he should write to the same address about Cue support: i hope that if they receive enough request about this feature it could be programmed in future firmware release!

P.S.: in my A17 i'm using a SanDisk 128 GB (115 GB of music on it) and all is functioning perfectly: as suggested, you could have a fake card or, maybe, a Mac related problem...

Thanks for that, nice to know that they do actually work. Even though mine is a total dude.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #2,009 of 7,541
No problem here.  The card used was a SanDisk 128GB micro SD Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 Class 10 TF Mobile Memory Card S5

The A-17 now has over 600 albums on board, selected from the 12,000+ on the Meridian Sooloos server system.

And the AQ is first class both using Cardas in ear phones and Sennheiser headphones.  

I've been experimenting with making up some different cords for the Sennheiser phones and they do make a difference to the sound.  Just interpreting that differtence is a very subjective area I'll not open up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back