SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #2,012 of 7,541
MY A17 arriveed earlier than expected WOOOOOOOOOT Copying music to my 128GB microSD via crad reader using music bee, (lightning fast speeds), review coming in the few days
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Mine has 56.8GB once formatted, deleted all the Crap music on it

Formats the SD in exFAT

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #2,013 of 7,541
  I meant to add to the above post about acquiring a leather cover from Korea - it arrived yesterday.  Not cheap, but very attractive and offers good protection without increasing the bulk significantly.

Excellent case as I am using one myself. The only thing I wish is the leather on the front's bottom could have extended just 1mm more to completely cover the front panel instead of leaving just a tiny bit out, as you can see on the picture.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #2,014 of 7,541

I meant to add to the above post about acquiring a leather cover from Korea - it arrived yesterday.  Not cheap, but very attractive and offers good protection without increasing the bulk significantly.

Excellent case as I am using one myself. The only thing I wish is the leather on the front's bottom could have extended just 1mm more to completely cover the front panel instead of leaving just a tiny bit out, as you can see on the picture.

nice case, agree of the 1mm to cover the entire lower part, hehe i have also like 28CDs if schumann, incl. his piano works and chamber works complete

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #2,015 of 7,541
Still uploading music but now to walkman, this walkman is faster to transfer compared to ´previous ones, tought MusicBee does not show speed

The NWZ-A17 Took 1 hour 50 minutes to copy 41.9GB (my entire W.A. Mozart collection)

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #2,020 of 7,541
None of my flacs have CUE files, what am I missing? What does it do?

When you rip a whole album into one single FLAC files, it generates a CUE sheet file to tell the playback software / hardware the length and position of each individual song within this one single FLAC track, so you can skip over songs quickly instead of press and holding forward all the time. Obviously if you already rip the whole album song by song, you don't need a CUE sheet.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #2,021 of 7,541
where is the best place to get a japanese a17? i want the full japanese version without the english language. is pricejapan still the place? ebay seems littered with a17 international versions with english language from hk but cant see any listed coming direct from japan. i would like a few options aswell as pricejapan is possible please :)

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #2,022 of 7,541
When you rip a whole album into one single FLAC files, it generates a CUE sheet file to tell the playback software / hardware the length and position of each individual song within this one single FLAC track, so you can skip over songs quickly instead of press and holding forward all the time. Obviously if you already rip the whole album song by song, you don't need a CUE sheet.

Ah now I remember, used those back in the day for CD rips.

I use DbPower Amp which makes individual flacs with full data / art.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #2,023 of 7,541
  where is the best place to get a japanese a17? i want the full japanese version without the english language. is pricejapan still the place? ebay seems littered with a17 international versions with english language from hk but cant see any listed coming direct from japan. i would like a few options aswell as pricejapan is possible please :)

You can use Rakuten global too!

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #2,024 of 7,541
I am in the process of selecting headphones for my a15.
Currently between sony mdr-1a and audio technica m50x. Would love the nad hp50 but nowhere to be found in my country (greece)
Which would you recommend?
The m50x are becoming an all time classic but mdr-1a maybe a better choice for the a15. I am also going to use them on an iphone 5s.

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #2,025 of 7,541
Sony mdr-1a is excellent with a17.  It's very well matched.  Sony pairs them for demos for a reason.
Very easy to drive as I didn't notice any improvement testing my mdr-1a with my A17 w/ a Cypher Labs Picollo external amp.  It actually sounded better direct from the A17.
Also tried the V-moda 100 and it sounded much better off the Picollo than the A17 instead.  I guess the V-moda needed more juice.
The V-moda XS however was pretty good off of the A17 though.  It's a more efficient set than the 100 I guess.
Either way, the mdr-1a was better.

If I were you, I would test any heaphones you're considering directly with the a17 as it's a sensitive child due to it's weak amp section.
I would make sure they are 105+db in response and below 32ohms (athough some have said it's fine with some higher impedance sets).

Quote:
I am in the process of selecting headphones for my a15.
Currently between sony mdr-1a and audio technica m50x. Would love the nad hp50 but nowhere to be found in my country (greece)
Which would you recommend?
The m50x are becoming an all time classic but mdr-1a maybe a better choice for the a15. I am also going to use them on an iphone 5s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back