Sony NW-ZX300
Dec 23, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #12,496 of 12,862
Hi,
im new to this head-fi, and also my zx300 is quite new. im still in progress of back reading the entire thread (currently at page 370)

I am in process of burning in my T2 and ZX300 both are recently bought.. though every now and then, i would use my 1000xm2 (wired) just for the noise cancellation, i bought the xm2, I believe its been 4 yrs ago.
SE - 100hrs+ @ low gain, 60-90 volume)
Balanced - 30hrs @ low gain, 40-60 volume, while on high gain, im on 30-55

any one experienced like a current/volt/ground when using balanced with T2 on zx300 while plugged in either on computer as dac, or just charging?
Im on low gain most of the time, as my current earpiece are not that demanding.

Dec 27, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #12,498 of 12,862
any suggestion on portable AMP for this?
For the headphones I use (see below), I don't feel the need for one.

I do wonder if my
Oppo PM-2's might have more life breathed into them with an amp though. In which case, I'b be curious to see what answers you get on that question.

Dec 29, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #12,499 of 12,862
Hello guys

I'm going to get an old ZX300a from someone on Facebook. And I have few questions need to be solve:
- Does the ZX300a have a line-out connection and is there a way to do it? I have an amp and maybe i'll use the ZX300a to get a line-out\
- Is the battery good (new one)? Will it last over 12 hours listening continuously?
- Is the output of the ZX300a decent enough to power some IEMs like XBA-Z5 and Dunu DK-3001 pro, because I'm using the two

Thanks for answering me!!

Dec 29, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #12,500 of 12,862
Hello guys

I'm going to get an old ZX300a from someone on Facebook. And I have few questions need to be solve:
- Does the ZX300a have a line-out connection and is there a way to do it? I have an amp and maybe i'll use the ZX300a to get a line-out\
- Is the battery good (new one)? Will it last over 12 hours listening continuously?
- Is the output of the ZX300a decent enough to power some IEMs like XBA-Z5 and Dunu DK-3001 pro, because I'm using the two

Never used mine with an amp or as a line out. Sorry, can't help there. It doesn't have a dedicated line out port though.

Mine was 2nd hand and battery life is still good (set it to never charge over 90% to prolong battery life).

The hungriest of my headphones are the Oppo PM-2's. They appear to almost exactly match your hungriest too? On high gain, balanced, I can sit around the 60 or 70 volume mark nice and comfortably.
I've never exactly timed the battery at the above setting, but exclusively 16 and 24 bit Flacs, I'm guessing it's close to around the 10 hour mark there, maybe even more. Which seems pretty good for a DAP to me.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about the ZX300, unless you want to include lack of a search function as a negative. The UI is buttery smooth, even with a 512gb SD card in, and the sound is just lovely, especially when you start playing with MrWalkman's firmwares (I use Z Plus and Z classic). If you're getting it at a decent price, buy with confidence I'd say.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #12,501 of 12,862
Hello guys

the battery is very good, got around 20hrs on average weather im using my xm2 headphone or T2 iem, though those are not power hungry, but my phone will just die after few hours or wont last a day.

Dec 29, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #12,502 of 12,862
i am using zx300 as well, satisfied with the 4.4mm output. However, is there a chance to connect a portable dac such as fiio KA3, colorfly cda m1, etc. by using WM port output? Just curious. I remember it is fine to connect walkman to sony PHA-series dac for more powerful output.

Dec 29, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #12,503 of 12,862
I don't have a single bad thing to say about the ZX300, unless you want to include lack of a search function as a negative.
yeah, to some that would be a deal breaker, probably if i have that many songs that i need to search, they(the song) shouldnt be there anyway.. hahaha i dont find it hard searching for an album or artist.. usually i just pick an artist then complete the album then choose another artist.. else i would just create a playlist or go to the bookmark, which also mostly contain 1 artist or album.
especially when you start playing with MrWalkman's firmwares (I use Z Plus and Z classic).
i havent tried those firmware, does it really improve the sound?

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #12,504 of 12,862
Never used mine with an amp or as a line out. Sorry, can't help there. It doesn't have a dedicated line out port though.

Mine was 2nd hand and battery life is still good (set it to never charge over 90% to prolong battery life).

The hungriest of my headphones are the Oppo PM-2's. They appear to almost exactly match your hungriest too? On high gain, balanced, I can sit around the 60 or 70 volume mark nice and comfortably.
I've never exactly timed the battery at the above setting, but exclusively 16 and 24 bit Flacs, I'm guessing it's close to around the 10 hour mark there, maybe even more. Which seems pretty good for a DAP to me.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about the ZX300, unless you want to include lack of a search function as a negative. The UI is buttery smooth, even with a 512gb SD card in, and the sound is just lovely, especially when you start playing with MrWalkman's firmwares (I use Z Plus and Z classic). If you're getting it at a decent price, buy with confidence I'd say.
the battery is very good, got around 20hrs on average weather im using my xm2 headphone or T2 iem, though those are not power hungry, but my phone will just die after few hours or wont last a day.
Thx guys, definitely helpful to me! Gonna buy one.

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:47 AM Post #12,505 of 12,862
Dec 30, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #12,506 of 12,862
i am using zx300 as well, satisfied with the 4.4mm output. However, is there a chance to connect a portable dac such as fiio KA3, colorfly cda m1, etc. by using WM port output? Just curious. I remember it is fine to connect walkman to sony PHA-series dac for more powerful output.

I think you need a wmc-nwh10 cable, which ends in a usb-a female connector.

Dec 30, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #12,507 of 12,862
yeah, to some that would be a deal breaker, probably if i have that many songs that i need to search, they(the song) shouldnt be there anyway.. hahaha i dont find it hard searching for an album or artist.. usually i just pick an artist then complete the album then choose another artist.. else i would just create a playlist or go to the bookmark, which also mostly contain 1 artist or album.

i havent tried those firmware, does it really improve the sound?
I feel that Z plus certainly improves the sound for me. These things are all subjective though. The good thing is there are many flavours of MrWalkman's firmwares. I'd definitely give them a try as you've absolutely nothing to lose. You can revert back to stock if you're not impressed.

Dec 30, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #12,508 of 12,862
I feel that Z plus certainly improves the sound for me. These things are all subjective though. The good thing is there are many flavours of MrWalkman's firmwares. I'd definitely give them a try as you've absolutely nothing to lose. You can revert back to stock if you're not impressed.

Did you get the chance to try out the WM1A/Z- based Walkman One firmware?

Dec 30, 2021 at 6:39 AM Post #12,510 of 12,862
No, not yet. Too busy enjoying Z plus :darthsmile::thumbsup:

Z (Project Z) can be found as the "Warm" option in the Walkman One firmware, and it should sound better because of the WM1A/Z firmware :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back