Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 17, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #3,961 of 12,862
I'm sure someone somewhere will make you a premium dodo leather case with obtuce quadralatral infigon angled edges and a depleted urainium back plate for that extra quality audiophile feel. :)

Ha ha , I love this thread. Hey I'm sure the wm1a is nicer than the zx300, but that's expected. The zx300 compared to what poor me has owned is stellar in build quality.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #3,962 of 12,862
I have a question, I've narrowed it down to 2 iems to go balanced on the 300- the oriveti new primacy and the hi fi man re800. Both look small and comfy and both have mmcx connectors. I'm leaning towards the re800 ( even though it's 400 dollars more ) because they look tiny like I'm used to, and I think the high treble energy would go good with zx300.

Anyone have any experience with either? I feel the new primacy may be too smooth with the zx300, and the only iems I listen to have somewhat bright treble. Although I did like the xba n3, just not the fit.

Thanks.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #3,964 of 12,862
If you want something that doesn't REALLY feel like a quality audiophile product, let me introduce you to cayin n3, opus #1, ibasso dx90, and sony nwa35 :wink:
Despite the emoji, next time you want to bash good DAPs, please at least provide details (built, UI, connectivity, sound...) so it doesn't look like free bashing of items you didn't like...

A number of people here should really learn what relativity and facts mean, before distributing absolute statements, even as jokes. :wink:

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #3,965 of 12,862
Despite the emoji, next time you want to bash good DAPs, please at least provide details (built, UI, connectivity, sound...) so it doesn't look like free bashing of items you didn't like...

A number of people here should really learn what relativity and facts mean, before distributing absolute statements, even as jokes. :wink:

Wow seriously, I was talking about build quality nothing else. I've owned all the daps that I "bashed" and liked them all as daps. Here are the facts, my first green nwa35's plastic back plate bowed out at one side, the cayin n3's paint on the rubber back wore off with use and was white- ish underneath and just felt cheap, I had 2 dx90's that had bad 3.5 jacks. And the opus # 1 was plastic and the screen was pretty bad.

None were built like the zx300, but I didn't hate any of them in fact I enjoyed them all in everyday use. Get some thicker skin, its just MY experience and opinion.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #3,966 of 12,862

LOL

Thought you were serious then read your sig.

**No Emoji**

I agree totally with abitdeef. Forum, opinions, and emoji's to soften the blow but again...

**no emoji**

puts ya on the block

:baby: <<Emoji Time!!

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #3,967 of 12,862
Wow seriously, I was talking about build quality nothing else. I've owned all the daps that I "bashed" and liked them all as daps. Here are the facts, my first green nwa35's plastic back plate bowed out at one side, the cayin n3's paint on the rubber back wore off with use and was white- ish underneath and just felt cheap, I had 2 dx90's that had bad 3.5 jacks. And the opus # 1 was plastic and the screen was pretty bad.

None were built like the zx300, but I didn't hate any of them in fact I enjoyed them all in everyday use. Get some thicker skin, its just MY experience and opinion.

Read his sig, I can't cuz i blked em but he mighta been playing. I'm too busy to care so the blk. You were far more reasonable than folks i see posting daily and ....you used an emoji which ...man, you were being a poster...on a forum.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #3,969 of 12,862
Just curious what you guys like for cases for the ZX300 and if you need a screen protector? Has anybody gotten their hands on the Dignis case yet?

I just ordered a ZX300A from Joybuy so it's going to be a while to get here so I have plenty of time to decide.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #3,970 of 12,862
Just curious what you guys like for cases for the ZX300 and if you need a screen protector? Has anybody gotten their hands on the Dignis case yet?

I just ordered a ZX300A from Joybuy so it's going to be a while to get here so I have plenty of time to decide.

20180105_224508.jpg
20180105_235440.jpg
20180105_235547.jpg
20180106_182556.jpg

I had this as a loaner with the dignis case and it was nice

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #3,971 of 12,862
ZX300 reminds me of the old iPod minis. I received mine from Amazon yesterday and I love the portable form factor and the screen is nice too. Not too small. I also have the 1A which I use at home. The ZX300 will be my on the go player.

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #3,972 of 12,862
Just a bit of a heads up on guys that purchased the ZX300A from Joybuy. They do have a 30 day return policy just in case something goes wrong on your ZX300A purchase. I think Sony is probably the highest rated QC of all manufacturer brands so relatively safe to buy from over seas.

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #3,974 of 12,862
Ha ha , I love this thread. Hey I'm sure the wm1a is nicer than the zx300, but that's expected. The zx300 compared to what poor me has owned is stellar in build quality.
No matter what 'poor you' has owned, I can affirm your opinion on the build :wink: . I've got quite the lust for nicely made things and the ZX300 fits right in there, no complaints about the build. It feels like a trusty old pal, that's what good design does for me. It's sturdy and hefty enough to not feel afraid of using it, and the materials and colour schemes are the kind of refinement that you cannot capture in pictures. Subtle, timeless, yet with a typical Sony edge (the two golden outputs & the side operating buttons that are like a modern rendition of a walkman cassette player)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back