Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #3,991 of 12,862
I have one on the way. Will test and let you know.
If you can add the lightning adapter to plug into an iphone that would be neat, just tested it with the camera adapter and full size wmport cable and DAC mode worked well (not that I have any software or streaming services to make use of it :) ). More importantly it's probaly cheaper then a 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter should I need to plug my headphones into my phone for something. :)

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #3,995 of 12,862
Just curious what you guys like for cases for the ZX300 and if you need a screen protector? Has anybody gotten their hands on the Dignis case yet?

I just ordered a ZX300A from Joybuy so it's going to be a while to get here so I have plenty of time to decide.
Goodluck with getting your item I ordered a jacket from joybuy in november and I still haven't received it yet.

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #3,996 of 12,862
Thanks for the replies everyone, good to know the small screen is still fully usable. I remember having problems with the back arrow on the DX90 and its small screen.

BTW: I just saw this review on What HiFi: https://www.whathifi.com/sony/nw-zx300/review
I tend to take their opinions with a large grain of salt, as every review seems to say "this isn't is good as an AK player" :wink:

Jan 18, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #3,997 of 12,862
About 80 bucks then. Hmmmm.
Thanks for the replies everyone, good to know the small screen is still fully usable. I remember having problems with the back arrow on the DX90 and its small screen.

BTW: I just saw this review on What HiFi: https://www.whathifi.com/sony/nw-zx300/review
I tend to take their opinions with a large grain of salt, as every review seems to say "this isn't is good as an AK player" :wink:

I also had the dx90, and this screen is do much better in response and resolution. You won't have the problems you did with the dx90, I also had problems with the dx90's back button.

Ha ha the review read like their zx100 vs the ak70 in which they gave the zx100 4 stars and the ak70 5 stars. I can tell you the balanced output of the zx300 blows the ak70 out of the water, and I prefer the single out of the Sony over the ak70. And who knows the review unit is burnt in? Normally I wouldn't put much stock in burn it but my units sound Sig has changed, more open, more dynamics. Hell even out of the box I thought the dynamics were awesome, not soft at all. Did they even try the balanced out?

Who the f knows? Lol

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #3,998 of 12,862

I trust my ears rather than reviews, especially whats hifi, which I think they are more bias towards one brand to another.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #4,000 of 12,862
I trust my ears rather than reviews, especially whats hifi, which I think they are more bias towards one brand to another.
What Hifi are well known for their bias towards UK company products. They basically only rate UK products highly, everything else is junk. You shouldn’t trust a single word they write, unless you are also a shameless fan of British audio industry.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #4,002 of 12,862
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #4,003 of 12,862
What Hifi are well known for their bias towards UK company products. They basically only rate UK products highly, everything else is junk. You shouldn’t trust a single word they write, unless you are also a shameless fan of British audio industry.
I too live in the UK, and UK audio has always produce good quality product, I like brands like audio innovations which specialize tube amps, and the classic Cambridge Audio.

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #4,004 of 12,862
Jan 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #4,005 of 12,862
Few members here have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back