Sony NW-ZX300
Jan 16, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #3,947 of 12,862
Jan 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #3,948 of 12,862
Sony china is providing the free official leather case for preorder. Also it seems like the remote also works for the new ZX300, and china is selling it officially for RMB 229, this price under cuts the japanese version a little, so it seems like only Japan and china has them officially.

may I know what remote?

anyone know what bluetooth work with it?

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #3,949 of 12,862
BT is for the remote control, BT speakers and BT headphones/IEM.

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #3,950 of 12,862
RMT-NWS20

I have recently bought the remote but haven't used it yet, there are others who have it and can give you more info about it

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #3,951 of 12,862
Random question: I’m looking at the ZX300 or the NW-WM1A. Looking at the promo pictures for each, the screen on the ZX300 is mainly confined to the top part of the player and quite a bit smaller.

How are people finding the usability of the small screen? Is it easy to press the icons with your finger properly?

I ask as I have an iPhone SE, which is almost exactly the same dimensions as the ZX300 and while it’s a great phone, I often accidentally hit the wrong letter etc due to the big finger on small screen problem. And the ZX300 screen is smaller still.

Sound wise the consensus on this thread seems that the two almost sound the same, but I’m wondering about forking out more if navigation and usability is easier with the WM1A.

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #3,952 of 12,862
Random question: I’m looking at the ZX300 or the NW-WM1A. Looking at the promo pictures for each, the screen on the ZX300 is mainly confined to the top part of the player and quite a bit smaller.

How are people finding the usability of the small screen? Is it easy to press the icons with your finger properly?

I ask as I have an iPhone SE, which is almost exactly the same dimensions as the ZX300 and while it’s a great phone, I often accidentally hit the wrong letter etc due to the big finger on small screen problem. And the ZX300 screen is smaller still.

Sound wise the consensus on this thread seems that the two almost sound the same, but I’m wondering about forking out more if navigation and usability is easier with the WM1A.

Thanks for that! I thought I was the only klutz who couldn't get my fingers on the right key on an iPhone. Everybody around me is using 2 thumbs faster than I can use all my fingers.

Good question on screen size.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #3,954 of 12,862

Well I have huge ham hands and I have no problem navigating the ZX300 screen. It is extremely responsive and has a logical clean/spartan UI.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #3,955 of 12,862
Jan 17, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #3,956 of 12,862

I was also deciding between the ZX300 and the NW-WM1A, and in the end I went with the ZX300. I haven't experienced too many issues with the smaller screen size, the text and album art is still legible and quite functional. While the larger screen on the WM1A would have been nice, I didn't want to pay the extra for something I wouldn't spend that much time staring at while listening to music anyway.

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #3,957 of 12,862
RMT-NWS20

I have recently bought the remote but haven't used it yet, there are others who have it and can give you more info about it
I also have it, what information can I give, it controls the ZX300:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #3,958 of 12,862
Well I have huge ham hands and I have no problem navigating the ZX300 screen. It is extremely responsive and has a logical clean/spartan UI.
For me I have mix feelings, I like the ZX300 form factor, does all what the WM1A has, but lack the quality feel of the audiophile product and I like the weight of the WM1A, but don't like the brick feel, too square for me, but the SQ on both are very similar.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #3,959 of 12,862
For me I have mix feelings, I like the ZX300 form factor, does all what the WM1A has, but lack the quality feel of the audiophile product and I like the weight of the WM1A, but don't like the brick feel, too square for me, but the SQ on both are very similar.

But remember, a zx300 in the hand is worth 2 wm1a in the bush :) Or something like that. If you want something that doesn't REALLY feel like a quality audiophile product, let me introduce you to cayin n3, opus #1, ibasso dx90, and sony nwa35 :wink: The zx300 is built like a swiss watch compared to these.

And I bet the zx300 is heavy enough that I could through it through a window, or use as a nice paperweight, or accost somebody. Ha ha.

Jan 17, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #3,960 of 12,862
But remember, a zx300 in the hand is worth 2 wm1a in the bush :) Or something like that. If you want something that doesn't REALLY feel like a quality audiophile product, let me introduce you to cayin n3, opus #1, ibasso dx90, and sony nwa35 :wink: The zx300 is built like a swiss watch compared to these.

And I bet the zx300 is heavy enough that I could through it through a window, or use as a nice paperweight, or accost somebody. Ha ha.
I'm sure someone somewhere will make you a premium dodo leather case with obtuce quadralatral infigon angled edges and a depleted urainium back plate for that extra quality audiophile feel. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back