Sony NW-ZX300
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #46 of 12,862
It's Sony we are talking about. If last year's release is anything to go by, then a couple of months. But it could also be half a year...
Normally though, every electronics brand that releases new products before Christmas tries to make sure that their products are on the shelves by that time.

edit: that doesn't mean it'll be available where you live. It's well possible you'll have to resort to importing the player;
Thanks. I think our Sony products are pretty quick to hit the market. So yeah, maybe Christmas. Thanks. Looks like I'll wait for these to come out before considering one for a dap. I was thinking of the A30, but if this takes balanced this might be the way to go.

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #54 of 12,862
Not entirely related but I wonder will there be an in-ear model for the Signature Series. I mean N3AP was only released last year but it is not meant to be the flagship model. And Z5 was realeased quite some time ago. Or I would appreciate a global release of Just Ear.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #55 of 12,862
Not entirely related but I wonder will there be an in-ear model for the Signature Series. I mean N3AP was only released last year but it is not meant to be the flagship model. And Z5 was realeased quite some time ago. Or I would appreciate a global release of Just Ear.

well, sony japan still sells xba-40, which is the predecessor to xba-z5 ( but z5 is higher and very different in nature), the xba-n3 is not flagship, probably the fact that high end in ear phones don't sell in large quantities, thus, less revisions.

but i noted that xba-40 and n3, even the recent xba-300 are easy to drive, but the z5 has high impedance and quite difficult to drive, considering balanced 4.4mm output is quite recent introduction to walkman range - wm1a or z and new zx300, could we see more hard top drive earphone requiring balanced output or even z5 sold with balanced jack as standard or less hard to drive flagships due to lack of demand?

Jul 31, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #56 of 12,862
There is already a 4.4mm balanced jack Kimber for the Z5. I doubt they'll update the product. Probably just push the cable sale more.

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #57 of 12,862

Last time I asked there is no plan for a new flagship universal IEM from Sony. And Just ear can't go global cos you can only get the ear impression done by one person...

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #58 of 12,862
I'm going to have to keep a close eye on Sony during IFA. This thread has definitely whet my appetite for a ZX300. I'd love a more lightweight and compact sibling of the NW-WM1Z. The NW-A35 ran into a couple issues so it was returned, but the rumored ZX300 details are making me think it could potentially suit my very specific wants and needs. Here's to hoping.

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #59 of 12,862
IMG_1366.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back