Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 13, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #481 of 12,862
I'd recommend NOT getting the EU version, though, because of the EU volume limit.

Get one of the Asian versions, the tourist version, or the Russian version!
There is actually no reason to import something since you can just remove the EU volume limit. Its actually very easy and you can do it in less than 5 min. The hardware is the same

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #484 of 12,862
I'm from Ukraine and the presence of the Russian language will be more comfortable for me. I do not know how to distinguish the eu version from the tourist version. Maybe it will go on sale, I will call your help. I prefer buying it on ebay, I hope there will be the right version.

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #485 of 12,862
I'm from Ukraine and the presence of the Russian language will be more comfortable for me. I do not know how to distinguish the eu version from the tourist version. Maybe it will go on sale, I will call your help. I prefer buying it on ebay, I hope there will be the right version.

It says which version it is on the box.

Or if you're on eBay and it's not clear which version it is, ask the seller, before buying it!

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #486 of 12,862
Ask before buying, but out of the box, if it's has the EC marking it's europe model, without it, it could be anything from Tourist, Japan, Korean or US/Canada etc., although each individual country release should have their own safety markings on it.

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #488 of 12,862
JFHiWkR.jpg
The Japanese Sony catalogue (Autumn 2017) with the new Walkman models on the cover. Such beauties! :blush:

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #490 of 12,862
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #492 of 12,862
Hi, I'm new here, but "lurking" for some time, and as an audiophile, I really enjoy this forum. :relaxed:

So today I went to the Ginza Sony Store in Tokyo and tested the new NW-ZX300, using the balanced output. They had two demo models, black and silver (both 64 GB). Here are a few thoughts.

1. Design. NW-ZX300 is an incredibly well-crafted little device, feels very good in the palm of your hand, very light without appearing cheap or plasticky (like the old Apple nano). You really feel it's a quality product, sleek, gorgeous, and sexy--a miniature version of the NW-ZX2! It almost feels like an oversized luxury lighter, and at first glance might even be mistaken for one! The matte display is new, and that also is something to be impressed with. For one, you don't need to worry about fingerprint smudges anymore, and for another, it really feels nice too!

2. Sound quality. I own both the ZX100 and WM-NW1A. The new NW-ZX300 sounds a LOT better than the former, while it is still slightly inferior to the WM-NW1A in terms of sound quality. But that's of course to be expected. The difference, mind you, is very minor, but noticeable for all that, if you're an audiophile like myself. The natural clarity and impact is slightly lacking, but again, it's a minor issue. It still sounds better than 98% of audio players out there!

3. Overall impression. This is another wonderful quality product from Sony, and I personally will definitely get it (I prefer the black one). The number one advantage is its portability, no question, combined with its top-notch sound quality, even if it doesn't quite reach the heights of the WM series. And while on the go, honestly, I bet many of us don't need a WM-NW1A or WM-NW1Z like sound quality anyway! :o2smile:
Oh thank God for that! I was worried it would come very close enough that it could replace the WM1A. Mainly because it's got the USBDAC function which means I can use it to replace my PHA3 and WM1A. Bad news because both of those are newly purchased in my case. Lol!

Sep 14, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #493 of 12,862
I was hoping someone can do a comparision with the Zx2.

Sep 14, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #494 of 12,862
Oh thank God for that! I was worried it would come very close enough that it could replace the WM1A. Mainly because it's got the USBDAC function which means I can use it to replace my PHA3 and WM1A. Bad news because both of those are newly purchased in my case. Lol!

All in all, the new ZX300 is a very impressive little device. It can be summed up in one sentence: It's only SLIGHTLY inferior to the WM1 series in terms of sound quality, but A LOT more portable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back