Sony NW-ZX300
Sep 12, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #466 of 12,862
Sep 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #467 of 12,862
I wonder how these will sound like. Any idea whether the sound resembles a WM1A? I honestly almost went for those, if not for the news of these model

If these doesn't sound like a WM1A, do they sound like the ZX2? (Which I honestly don't like and try to avoid as much as possible)

Sep 12, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #469 of 12,862
Although the members say the aim was the shrink WM1 series into this, from the impressions I've read the sound is more like a much more improved ZX2 than WM, which shouldn't be too surprising considering the model name. I think all things considered this is the true successor of the ZX series as the name suggests, and the WM series is its own thing again.

So the ZX300 will likely not be treble happy. That's a relief. Can you post a link of where you read it will sound like the ZX2?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #470 of 12,862
You can pre-order from Amazon Japan for much less and if you have prime, you can get it in a few days for about $20 shipping.

It's released in October 7, there is no way to get it in a few days.

Sep 12, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #471 of 12,862
So the ZX300 will likely not be treble happy. That's a relief. Can you post a link of where you read it will sound like the ZX2?

It's mostly short Japanese tweets, not easiest to find with Twitter's terrible search.

Either way it's probably best to listen for yourself to determine because we all perceive sound differently, what one finds as smooth treble can be too hot to another etc.

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #473 of 12,862
Even the pre-order is shipped out few days after the release date, everywhere around the world is also released within October, even if you want to pay $200 to get it a couple weeks faster, it's not possible.

Sep 12, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #475 of 12,862
Even the pre-order is shipped out few days after the release date, everywhere around the world is also released within October, even if you want to pay $200 to get it a couple weeks faster, it's not possible.

What's your point? That ads said deiivery Sept 13th to 18th which cannot be true, but even if it is. Why would anyone pay $200 more just to get something a few weeks faster? In Japan, release day means you can buy it from all major electronics store on that day which Amazon is one and they have been very good at shipping the same day or next day. So i would expect it no later than Oct 13th if I do order through them. Japanese UI (even if it cannot eventually be overwritten by the international firmware) will not bother me as I have ppl that can read Japanese and the only setting I have ever done on the A30 is to turn on BT, NFC and enable LDAC. After that I don't think I've ever gone back into the setting menu.

Damn, Looks like price went up on Amazon Japan to $625, but looks like they are offering 10% point back which means I would get the Factory case and screen protector for free (haveto pay shipping). Still worth thinking about unless I want to source one through China.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #476 of 12,862
Tell me who knows, from October 7, Japanese versions will go on sale without the support of other languages?

The Japanese version supports only English.

However, the tourist version as well as the European version will go on sale (almost) simultaneously, and these support a whole range of languages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back