Sony NW-ZX300
Feb 9, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #4,531 of 12,862
I'm thinking someone must've proposed this by now, but if the sound is noticeably better after 200 hours on each output, is there anything wrong with my just charging this sucker up, raising the volume to about 45, and then letting it sit overnight just playing one album after another continually for 8 hours until the battery runs out? Do this 20 times or so, and you'd be most of the way there..

No just raise the volume and connect a headphone of any kind the higher the volume the better. But the thing will run all night and help burn the output in. And believe me it makes quite a bit of difference.

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #4,534 of 12,862
My SE846's are easily driven and would normally listen on low gain, but thinking it sounds even better on high gain (lower volume set) and still no background hiss.

Anybody else just using High Gain even with low sensitivity IEM's? Loud with volume only at 45.
A little confused about what you're asking. Are the SE846s considered "low sensitivity"?

Feb 9, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #4,535 of 12,862
The OEM case has a little raised lip sticking out between the play, pause and the rest of the buttons. Once you get used to it it does help with finger placement without needing to take a look at the player.

Good to know. Thank you.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #4,537 of 12,862
About to pull the trigger on a RMT-NWS20 remote from Japan on eBay for $58USD. Just hoping someone here can just confirm it works without issue with the ZX300?
I can confirm the Asia Pacific version works, heard that the Japanese one definitely supports it

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #4,538 of 12,862
Feb 9, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #4,540 of 12,862
I'm sorry to say I've only got ~5hrs (3hrs SE) on the ZX, and ~2hrs on Z1R... the problem with the Z1R's is they're so HUGE I have to sit up with them.

I've been spending my time with a new Class A SE 300B Tube amp, and MiniDSP w/ FIR filters (revolutionary for me).

Btw the ZX (HG) puts out ~30% more power than the tube amp's 1/4" headphone socket, the ZX will drive my D5000 to uncomfortable levels, the tube at max. just to comfortable level. Tube out is 32ohm no figures on V.
With the ZX as a source the tube adds a more airy feeling to music, really nice with trance.
My PC sound card (Asus Xonar STX) gives jaw tingling lows, the ZX nor the tube does.

No conclusions yet, just some initial impressions.

Took this last night, don't know why just 1 300B has that blue plasma... the blue around the left sockets are from the headphone LED, a little blinding from the front so I need to change its resistor.
DSC00516.jpg

Wow that's gorgeous. Thanks for the new wallpaper LOL. Thanks also for the prelim impressions on the ZX and Z1R. I'll pester you again about them sometime, I'm very interested.

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #4,541 of 12,862
I can confirm the Asia Pacific version works, heard that the Japanese one definitely supports it

Yup, and if you're considering a screen protector, go with OEM Sony, as it has the same matt finish we all seem to enjoy on the ZX300.

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #4,542 of 12,862
Great, thanks, my ZX300 was direct from Japan, so sounds like there'll be no issue.
I think on the site of the software/tool to change the language/version, I forget the name, there is a table showing the different versions
Great, thanks, my ZX300 was direct from Japan, so sounds like there'll be no issue.
Easy to set up too

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #4,544 of 12,862
I bought the Apple lightening to USB 3 camera adapter. Now how exactly do I connect my iPhone X to the ZX300 with it? I plug-in the power cord (that comes with the ZX300) into the bottom of the ZX300, and plug the other (usb) end into the Apple adapter, and then the adapter plugs right into the only port in on the iPhone X, the lightening port? Just want to be clear.

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #4,545 of 12,862
I'm assuming no instructions really needed. Just involves pairing the remote?
I bought mine in Japan and there was English instructions on how to pair - I don't think i even bothered to read them, took seconds

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back