Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 27, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #2,041 of 12,862
Only problem I have now is having reached my perfect player, earphones & cable its really highlighting how much better HD audio files sound compared to the 320mp3's I have.

Looks like I'm going to have to get all my favourite albums in HD and certainly all future ones. I couldn't tell much difference between Spotify Extreme and Tidal HiFi/Masters before but certainly can now! HD FLAC, DSD and MQA files sound fabulous.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #2,042 of 12,862
So I got a new update from AccessoryJack!! He told me that the will get the ZX300 today! Tho they will not ship it out till Monday because Saturday is a holiday or smth. I dont really know. But thats great news and everyone that ordered with express should get their player next week and everyone else in at least the weeks after!

Ha ha you just saved AJ from a cancelled order. I didn't see any emails about it being shipped today and I was like- time to cancel mate. But now I can hang till Monday and if not by then it's ousta la vista baby!

Oct 27, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #2,043 of 12,862
Just ordered them since there is a lack of choice on 4.4mm ready Headphones ... :frowning2: (..and am really not a Sennheiser fan...Hope they sound decent). For anyone interested in the HD 660 S, I purchased directly from their web shop and if you hit back or end purchase (do not complete order) you get a Voucher asking you to complete purchase... 10% off, so 449 Euros is what I paid (just do the purchase process again with voucher code...
Doesn't offer code with UK site. Or German site for me. What exactly did you do ref Back Out.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #2,044 of 12,862
I think its to make it easier to use with the case as Case over-hangs to act as a button guard. Shows they though about the design really well actually, even down to the raised dots on the V+ and FFD buttons plus the case has a little notch that divides the volume controls from the play controls making it easy to locate them in the dark or by feel.

The Dignis cases look nice but can't honestly see any case being more suitable/stylish than the Sony one

Case notch and front cover over-hang

The case is really nice, I can imagine my sexy black baby nestled it it all comfy in the goldilocks zone of genuine Corinthian leather.

You know what's crazy is I live on 300 Rose lane, my IQ is -300, I weigh 300 lbs, and my favorite movie is the 300! What a coinkydink.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #2,045 of 12,862
Only problem I have now is having reached my perfect player, earphones & cable its really highlighting how much better HD audio files sound compared to the 320mp3's I have.

Looks like I'm going to have to get all my favourite albums in HD and certainly all future ones. I couldn't tell much difference between Spotify Extreme and Tidal HiFi/Masters before but certainly can now! HD FLAC, DSD and MQA files sound fabulous.

I must order the balanced cable stat! Pronto! Toot sweet! Glad you like it, you didn't gush like this over the x5iii which I still consider a pretty nice dap despite it's faults, so I can't wait to check the 300 out.

Oct 27, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #2,046 of 12,862
I must order the balanced cable stat! Pronto! Toot sweet! Glad you like it, you didn't gush like this over the x5iii which I still consider a pretty nice dap despite it's faults, so I can't wait to check the 300 out.

The Fiio X5III was really no better than my Dragonfly Red connected to my phone. This IS (over balanced). (to my ears anyway purely used with SE846). The 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter came today to use with my Fiio balanced cable so going to see if that sounds any different to the Kimber cable this weekend. I'm also going to try with my lesser old Klipsch X10i's plus using my Samsung AptX BT adapter (don't have any LDAC headphones yet).

Saying that, if I was only using it over SE I'd likely return it and stick with my phone/DFR combo as ZX300 not better than DFR to my ears over SE. Still keeping the DFR.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #2,048 of 12,862
057AC1DB-FE0B-4065-8D2B-09F07BF9D1D1.jpeg

Oct 27, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #2,049 of 12,862
German shop - hit the purchase button “Kaufen” then when you enter the detailst leave the site for a while and voucher pops up eventually... just tested and it did it again... this time with code: VE1N2158AVI (on Ipad)...

Thanks. Code worked and reduced price to £386.94 (£430 otherwise). I've ordered a set to try as they have a 30 day return policy. I don't normally get on with headphones and prefer IEM's but have read good things about the HD 600/HD650. I did try some HD800 in an audio shop but honestly preferred my SE846's.

Are HD650 considered better sounding than HD600?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,050 of 12,862
Thanks. Code worked and reduced price to £386.94 (£430 otherwise). I've ordered a set to try as they have a 30 day return policy. I don't normally get on with headphones and prefer IEM's but have read good things about the HD 600/HD650. I did try some HD800 in an audio shop but honestly preferred my SE846's.

Are HD650 considered better sounding than HD600?
Hope the synergy is great. Please let us know how that goes. Would be very interested to know.

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #2,051 of 12,862
Just ordered them since there is a lack of choice on 4.4mm ready Headphones ... :frowning2: (..and am really not a Sennheiser fan...Hope they sound decent). For anyone interested in the HD 660 S, I purchased directly from their web shop and if you hit back or end purchase (do not complete order) you get a Voucher asking you to complete purchase... 10% off, so 449 Euros is what I paid (just do the purchase process again with voucher code...

What was the code? Is it a generic one? I ask because that option doesn't come up for me...

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #2,052 of 12,862
Does anyone know how to create a playlist on ZX300? Thanks.

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #2,054 of 12,862
What was the code? Is it a generic one? I ask because that option doesn't come up for me...

I used the one in the screen dump above. Did warn it was limited use so to be quick in placing order. It worked on Sennheiser UK too for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back