Sony NW-ZX300
Oct 26, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #2,011 of 12,862
Get it direct from Amazon Japan. Duties/VAT/P&P all paid upfront and still only cost £59 which is cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Its over £70 with risk of duty via AudioJack. Only took 3 days to arrive via DHL from Japan once Amazon shipped. Its excellent quality/design too.

Completed my rig now. iPhone 5SE is smaller/lighter but no neat cable solution with having to use the CCK adapter.

The Z5 compact is also identical size plus advantage of using UAPP. Case makes it totally practical to link with the phone. My Sony Kimble balanced is due supposedly in next 10 minutes. Spent all day on a van around local area !!

Followed your instructions and all ordered ! Super happy now and thanks again :wink: honestly didn't even know I could do that with Amazon, no more waiting for stuff in stupid, overpriced UK :wink:

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #2,012 of 12,862
Followed your instructions and all ordered ! Super happy now and thanks again :wink: honestly didn't even know I could do that with Amazon, no more waiting for stuff in stupid, overpriced UK :wink:

Normally it's only stuff sold direct by Amazon Japan that will ship to UK, not resellers. Plus even then Amazon Japan won't ship everything.

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #2,015 of 12,862
I just did the order thing on amazon japan (dry run) and my total shipped priced for zx300 was 540 dollars, wow! plus I can buy a amazon gift card with pay pal and use that. That's really cheap! I'm still not sure if I would incur customs fees or not. But for the future for hard to find things I will definitly use it. Might order the 4.4 cable off there.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #2,016 of 12,862
I just did the order thing on amazon japan (dry run) and my total shipped priced for zx300 was 540 dollars, wow! plus I can buy a amazon gift card with pay pal and use that. That's really cheap! I'm still not sure if I would incur customs fees or not. But for the future for hard to find things I will definitly use it. Might order the 4.4 cable off there.

Good question, would there be import charges over a certain amount? Curious as there doesn't seem to be on the case I just ordered ?

Oct 26, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #2,017 of 12,862
Guys..is it time to change the thread title to just zx300

Please as people get cases for it other than original one and especially orderable to euorope can they share, thanks

Oct 26, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #2,018 of 12,862
Good question, would there be import charges over a certain amount? Curious as there doesn't seem to be on the case I just ordered ?

You should show duty (import fees) on case if to UK. My invoice breakdown:

Shipping Address:
  • United Kingdom

Delivery Option:
AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping
Item(s) Subtotal: GBP 43.50
Shipping & Handling: GBP 6.35
-----
Total: GBP 59.82
Import Fees Deposit GBP 9.97
-----
Total for This Shipment: GBP 59.82
----

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #2,019 of 12,862

According to what I just looked up anything under 2000 dollars will not incur custom charges in the US. So if my unit from AJ isn't shipped out tomorrow I'm canceling and ordering one from Japan. I had no idea, I just assumed I would be hit with some kind or duty tax or orther charges. Wonder if KMS 108 got his region changed to E?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #2,020 of 12,862
nope I haven't at work and at home, both say the software is not support, I'm running windows 10 pro 64bit, I have asked a friend to bring me his windows 7 32bit PC to work tmr, and I will try again.

Update: sorted it out, apparently the location on the PC drive etc, I inserted it in upper case, should be lower case.

Thanks to all for your help and concern.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #2,021 of 12,862
nope I haven't at work and at home, both say the software is not support, I'm running windows 10 pro 64bit, I have asked a friend to bring me his windows 7 32bit PC to work tmr, and I will try again.

Update: sorted it out, apparently the location on the PC drive etc, I inserted it in upper case, should be lower case.

Thanks to all for your help and concern.

Good to hear that :)

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #2,022 of 12,862
So I got a new update from AccessoryJack!! He told me that the will get the ZX300 today! Tho they will not ship it out till Monday because Saturday is a holiday or smth. I dont really know. But thats great news and everyone that ordered with express should get their player next week and everyone else in at least the weeks after!

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #2,023 of 12,862
ZX300 DAC mode not passing MQA stream from Tidal on PC but at least it is getting the first unfold from Tidal if you untick MQA, with DAC showing as high as 96kHz PCM and sounds great.

Had a poor response to my question from Sony support. They said no information on future support but they had mixed up my question thinking I was asking about ZX300 headphones!
I asked again clarifying its the NW-ZX300 DAP so awaiting another likely crap response.

Oct 27, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #2,025 of 12,862
https://twitter.com/dignis_Official/status/923392819972079617

More details of the dignis case for ZX300
DNCJ4dhV4AAzQHy

DNCJ4_3UMAU2Hwq

DNCJ65cVAAAqU0K

Color of red, yellow and blue-green priced YEN 8,260 (around USD 73)
Black and brown priced YEN 6,845 (around USD 60)
Including screen protector and strap

Black and brown case are made of nubuck leather (co-developed with 3M, Italy imported)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back